Please learn this ONE thing from WoW Classic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dabrixmgp, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Riggles Journeyman

Get rid of Krono on TLP? You lose me and many, many others. Why do you few people whine and whine about Krono? It's here to stay! Live with it.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Rise of Zek also has rules and "balance" changes.

Private servers typically have far less players then official servers. For example the last big classic WoW private server to launch only hit like 10k concurrent players. Classic WoW lauch day hit over a million players in Q and in game. P99 Blue has always had a much smaller population then the current "hot" TLP.

Red99 despite it's ruleset had a good sized population till it stopped progressing. Similar to the PoP locked Agnaar.

Using P Server numbers as evidence of anything is very smart

Did you know Rallos Zek was at one time the most populated EQ server?
    WTBPvpTLP likes this.
  3. Machen New Member

At the time it was the ONLY unique special ruleset server out of 20 other servers. (For what it's worth, I was playing on it at the time.) Being the most popular of 20 servers still doesn't mean that more than 5% or so of the total EQ population was into pvp. By this standard, one out of every 20 or so TLP's should be pvp, and we're still quite a bit off from making it to 20 TLP's.
  4. Vexn Elder

Thats assuming all the populations were the same across all servers which they were not.
    The fact that red99 had a pop of 500-700 up untill it it progressed through shows that people would play it though. No harm in trying it.
    Worse case they merge it into Fippy.
  5. code-zero Augur

Worse case is that they never get the merge scripts to ever work reliably again and it sits there as a monument to bad planning
  6. Vexn Elder

Like Fippy and most live servers bahaha.
  7. code-zero Augur

The funny thing is that on my main server, despite it seldom hitting high population Game Server Status I can take my level 110's into any zone that it's worth my time to play and there's going to be players there doing stuff. Sure if you're just starting, are understandably confused, and thought you could depend on getting in PUG's it's overwhelming but the fact is that most live servers are very successful.
  8. Vexn Elder

Yeah, most are always low and a few medium as far as live servers go. Think FV is the only one that I've ever seen high as far as live servers go. Crazy people would bicker so hard agaisnt a PvP server when all the servers seem dead for the most part lol.
  9. code-zero Augur

They aren't dead though, any zone that's worth going to with anything from 90 ~110 will have people playing in it. Sure you may have a zone to yourself for a while but someone will be passing through sooner or later. Some live servers really are dead but most have enough population that you won't find yourself alone.
  10. MrMox New Member

I really think the idea of a Krono free TLP is not half bad, and to those with stories about being badly geared back in 99. Today people know every item that is worth getting .. we didn't back then, and the fact is, eg. a caster don't need gear, sure a melee won't tank as good, but you don't really need ubah gear to be playing and having fun, and yes I remember doing just fine in banded, getting some ruby legs, some jewelry and eventual a Mithril BP as a Pally, and that was the gear we were going in to split and farm Fear with. Too many people think they get better or invincible just because the have the best available gear for their class, wich isn't true. You will suck even with the best gear if you don't know how to play your class
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

You really haven't thought this through, have you?