Please learn this ONE thing from WoW Classic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dabrixmgp, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Midnitewolf Augur

I am with you on this one. I have to honestly say that I wouldn't have came back to EQ if I had to try to gear up a character the hard way again. I was terminally under geared in the original EQ and it had a very adverse effect on my enjoyment of the game. No way in hell I want to go through that pain again.

By using Krono however, I can at least get good enough gear to not outright suck but lets be honest here, even if I spend a ton of $$$ on Krono, I still can't get well geared unless I commit the time to raid or do very specific high end content so I am not sure I see an issue.
  2. jeskola pheerie

at that point, you need to question why you even play the game. Is it to have the best gear, or to blow a few hours on a weekend grouping, or with friends?
  3. Midnitewolf Augur

I think a lot of this has to do with your personal experience in the original game. I was terminally under-geared to the point it had a dramatic negative impact on my enjoyment of the game. The reason was I played with a small group of friends and we had a guild of around 12 members so raiding was right out and it was even hard to put together a balanced group at times. In fact the reason I ended up quitting EQ was because of how difficult it was to get gear and remain competitive.

Coming back to E, being able to drop $50 on Krono and being able to buy good gear instead of gimping along was like a breath of fresh air. Finally I had decent and competitive gear without having to spend 300 hours of game play to get it. Finally I wasn't a burden on the groups I played with (ever play with your tank having gear 10 levels below where he should have been? Let me tell you from experience it is sad being this player).

Also, I don't care how much Krono you throw at the game, you still aren't going to have the best gear because that gear all comes from Raids and other content. For example, I can't just buy my pet focus on Selo, I have to do DON or Raid to get it. So if it was the quest for gear that motivates me, buying Bazaar gear just puts me at the starting line required to go out and get it, nothing more.

So from an enjoyment standpoint. Being able to buy gear that allows me to join a group and be able to contribute rather than be carried is huge. It is also nice to have decent enough gear that I can solo well if or when I need to. That is a level of enjoyment in and of itself.

Of course, if it was a new game, where everyone was dressed in their torn tunics with dull knives as weapons, I am fine with earning the gear the hard way but I have been there and done that with EQ so I don't need to do it again.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Back in the day people couldn't really define "suck" on a player. But today, it's really easy to spot it just by looking at someone's visuals. So that's going to impact how geared people feel they need to be. Back in the day, just about everyone sucked at Eq, even the good ones.
  5. Xeris Augur

When I returned to EQ I bought Krono from DBG... I didn't even learn about 3rd party sites for over a year and I'd imagine most casual players don't know about them. LOTS of people still buy Kronos from daybreak .

Kronos are fine, they're paying for 5/6 of my accounts so I can't complain.
  6. Midnitewolf Augur

Honestly I think in the long run most everyone benefits from Krono being in the game. The only negative I see is farmers monopolizing zones or camps but even they provide the benefit of adding more rare items to the market and making them more inexpensive and accessible to players who want to purchase those items. I mean back in the day, only the very rich or very lucky could own a Fungi Tunic and an item like this wasn't even on the radar for most players but thanks to farmers, you can pick up Fungi Tunics for dirt cheap. When I started on Corinav, with a few Krono purchased I has access to gear I never dreamed I could have back in the day.

Then there is the simple fact that if you can farm enough plat, you can essentially buy Krono from players and play for free.

Overall I just see more good than bad about them.
  7. Machen New Member

Pretty safe bet that if Krono didn't exist, the game wouldn't either at this point. So yes, everyone benefits.
  8. Ginix Augur

Nah.

DBG needs to notice how most of the WoW servers are PvP servers.
    Crazy how popular PvP is eh? Maybe do an EQ Team based PVP TLP instead of some terrible HoT TLP that literally no one was asking for.

kthx
  9. jeskola pheerie

Apples to oranges. WOW has working PVP, EQ doesn't, and hasn't for quite some time. They stopped balancing pvp years ago.
  10. code-zero Augur

They stated it in clear and simple language so that those who want a PvP server can understand. You want PvP go play on Zek for a while and get that population up and then ask. Otherwise they'll ignore you because they see no demand.

Same for free trade too, FV is always highly populated but Brekt which is also free trade is one of the lowest population servers out there. If both of those servers were full all the time they may consider it but apparently there are issues with free trade that discourage them from opening a TLP with that ruleset
  11. Midnitewolf Augur

EQ has horrible PvP and always has had horrible PvP. In fact the game was entirely designed around PvE with PvP being an afterthought. Why anyone would want to PvP in that environment, when there are so many better PvP titles available, I can't imagine.
  12. Vexn Elder

13. Ginix Augur

EQ originally had some super popular PvP servers till the devs got too lazy and gave up on trying to balance it. The community obviously didn't stick around and went on to games that actually kept working at balancing and fostering PvP like WoW and its crazy how successful its been for them.

Sad Daybreak refuses to acknowledge such a simple fact that majority of modern MMO players prefer PvP mixed in.

Don't be fooled by all these old farts on the forums who are scared of PvP and would prolly have a heart attack if they got attacked in Everquest by an actual player. ;)
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The one thing they should learn from WOW is that EQ is not WOW and if you want WOW then you would need to go somewhere else to play it.

All the tons of suggestions re krono, vet aa, illusions in marketplace, level 110 heroic with all spells and everything else already done for them, able to purchase collectables from old expansions and account transfers have all been suggested as have everything in WOW - EQ2 and most of the other MMO and none of them have been implemented.

One would think these were all good ideas, and many of them are, but none of them are EQ and obviously the Dev's don't want them.
  16. Meridian Augur

The majority of modern MMO players don't want pvp. They want ganking. Totally different.
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Vexn Elder

Dev's are too busy doing important things. Like fixing riposte & trying to steal our vet aa's. amirte?
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

EQ PvP early expansion PvP is much much more balanced then Vanilla WoW. Vanilla WoW PVP balance is the worst of any MMO i've ever played.

All the more reason to have a TLP PvP server and all the more reason why people who want EQ PvP don't play on Zek
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Did they honestly say this? This is more out of touch then "Casuals shouldn’t be allowed to fight Nagafen…"

Like the the entire reason people want to play on TLP is because they hate the state of game on Live servers.

Also why hasn't the worked for the FV TLP? Like where the is our free trade TLP.
    Ginix and Vexn like this.
  20. Ginix Augur

This exactly. Now PvP TLP pls. Thx <33