Plane of Storms Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xoner, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ythera Augur

This was after they created a thread about how all the guilds should protect and keep Harambe alive on this forum.

On topic: I would be totally stoked about the planes of Power expansion coming to Phinigel, except for the pvp arena that Plane of Storms is going to be over these medallions. I was super happy when I finished my Vex Thal key because I didn't have to worry about people training me and being hostile to my presence just to get to the good stuff that the expansion offered. I'm not looking forward to that whole situation again and wish that something could be done to help it, like making the giants pop much faster or making them pop in instances. That's my feedback on the subject if it matters at all to the game designers.
  2. Warlorf Augur

I really do not see the fuss over this. Oh noes .. I might have to wait a week for a medallion ?!?! ZOMG flame time! .. Its regurgitated content in which I was part of Server firsts on 15 years ago. I have no issues waiting a few days to get a medallion while people with EPEENS need to rush and poopsock it. Have fun.

If they decide to AoC the zone then great but otherwise there may be a delay of a few days for some people .. the content is viable for months and people complain over a few days.

If people would just cooperate and talk to one another good things happen. Ive never had an issue when playing alongside these other guilds. Politeness and cooperation go a long way. We all know there is always bad apples.

I always have and always will abide by the old PnP policies, regardless of what new WoW Millennial has come over to EQ and has no idea what that policy was.

Its the newer generation of gamers, just gotta bare with it.
  3. Zanarnar Augur

You must be fairly new to these servers. There are people who will intentionally use these mobs to block others from progression; there are others who will camp them to sell loot rights for 2+Kr; everyone playing needs these not just raiders.

This isn't pointless whining about something being slightly too hard... this is a very obvious choke point for everyone progressing through PoP and will make VP/VT keys seem pleasant by comparison. DBG then went out of their way to make it even WORSE by removing these guys from the instances.

However since Holly hates us, I expect this will come to pass, it will be so horrible that they will be forced to fix it 3 or 4 weeks from now. The player base will be angry and rightfully so.
  4. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

People will buy Kronos to purchase loot rights from the poopsockers. That's most likely the motivation behind this decision.
  5. Warlorf Augur

Not new no, Was on Rage from Day 1, moved over to phinny. I understand what will be done, I just don't see it being as widespread and panic filled as some make it out to be.

Might just be that I really do not see them leaving it non instanced without keys.

Time will tell but im not losing sleep over it
  6. Illusory Augur

Then do something about it.

You have an 11 page thread, with 200 replies, and over 7,000 unique views. Yet only a handful of people want to try a community solution and the majority (raid guilds included) just want DBG to take action.

This pending disaster is not DBG inspired, it's community inspired.
  7. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

That's like suggesting that rampant bank robbery is community inspired, and that those that bank should do more to resolve the issue instead of relying on police to...well, you know...police?
    PathToEternity likes this.
  8. Astley Augur

Because as a community we know that there is a race at the beginning that will be coming especially since we're on 3-month unlocks. For those smaller guilds and such that may not have the numbers to support the open-world competitiveness, an instanced solution is going to make their lives infinitely more enjoyable while alleviating some of the competition in open world.

You really don't know what you're talking about here Illusory.

This is what bottlenecks do. Everyone needs to get through the same point and has a limited time to do so. Like opening the doors at a major retail store on Black Friday when there are a couple hundred people waiting outside. Many people will wait somewhat orderly, but we know there will be people trying to force their way through, pushing and knocking people over in their quest to get through ASAP, and that will cause trouble for everyone else.

If Daybreak set up a private line to get in that had no pushing, (instance spawns) then some people would be able to avoid any hassle at their own pace.

There isn't a "community solution" that will work to alleviate this when you have multiple raid guilds competing for their ranking on the server. There are plans to work together a bit to help out, such as organizing more pick spawns in force, but these can only last so long.
  9. Illusory Augur

Listen, I'm only providing alternatives..

And, there is a solution - players working together for once.
  10. Machen New Member

There's plenty of blame to spread around in imo. Could the community do something to mitigate it? Absolutely. But when the community hasn't succeeded in doing that the previous 1000 times they've been given the opportunity, DBG should be under no illusions as to what will happen here.
  11. Illusory Augur

I absolutely understand and semi-agree, but on the contrary, you guys (and gals) shouldn't be so cynical and have faith (if even a little to spare.)

The guilds that are racing for server firsts or those that are considering content blocking for monetary gains are in a minority compared to the total population at 60. If you rally enough of the smaller guilds, you might have a communal force strong enough to fairly moderate the zone (and its instances.) Maybe, maybe not, but you wouldn't know unless you tried.

Anyway, I'm done here... There is no argument and we all know what's at stake. I'll leave you guys with this, PoP is unlocking in 3 weeks and there is no official response from DBG. You might want to start thinking of something or by the time you are keyed we'll be into the next level cap expansion.
  12. Machen New Member

Faith in DBG? Oh hell no.
  13. Illusory Augur

Faith in your community.

There wouldn't be a thread of this magnitude if people didn't care about the issue.
  14. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Well, sort of. It's kind of the difference between one group of people playing musical chairs at an event and another group of people all bringing their own chair to an event. In this case, Daybreak is saying: you're not allowed to bring your own chair -- you must play musical chairs.
  15. Kahna Augur

This is laughable. Even if 95% of the community could manage to get on the same page, which it can't. There is still the 5% that will try to screw it all up just because they like to watch things burn. Let's say you do manage to get 30 spawns open on day one. By day two the guilds will all have gotten tired of cooperating and someone will pick zone into someone else's zone and the DPS races/training will start. By day 4 the vicious guilds will have their keys and have zero interest in helping spawn more picks, so when the server crashes that day everyone else is left trying to fight each other in 3 or 4 picks of storm. But we all know the little guilds can't poopsock, so they will constantly be beaten to the mobs by people wanting to sell loot rights who have no problems , or by the big guilds who want to key their alts and can mobilize faster.

I do have faith in our community, in a way. I have faith that it is going to be such a massive nightmare of training and bad behavior that the backlash on the forums and in game will resemble the VP key situation and the devs will have to step in and change it.
  16. Guzzle Augur

You're not providing anything realistic, so you might as well not "provide" anything. Sure, people can agree to work together... but there are only a small number of guilds that need to break off, AS THEY HAVE IN THE PAST, and do their own thing and ruin the cooperation. People have been burned already by this, and they have no faith in anyone keeping their word on it.
  17. Illusory Augur

18. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Probably because he's the one paying, not getting paid to provide this product.

What is anybody gonna do, stick a gun to their head through the computer screen and scream "You WILL do this!" ?

Your optimism is nauseating.

This falls on DBG. Quit trying to scapegoat for them by blaming and projecting responsibility onto the majority of the customers. We were told we would be provided a particular product with this server. DBG is supposed to deliver.
  19. Smith New Member

My feelings exactly. It's not realistic whatsoever. Remember that time there was an agreement to not wake the sleeper until a certain time? Yeeaa. As you stated, there's way too much bad blood between guilds already. A lot of this bad blood is because of bottlenecks and game mechanics created 15+ years ago. Instead of evolving, we're stuck in this backwards thinking that keeping a bottleneck somehow makes the experience more difficult? That's completely ridiculous. If I wanted to deal with this crap I would have stayed on p99.
  20. Illusory Augur

Then stop whining and hire a lawyer.

(By the way, Cult of Chaos has an opening for my class... I'm going to apply and you are going to put in a good word for me Xoner - I'm a paying customer. Wait, what?)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.