Planar Power AA consolidation.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nytewolf, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Nytewolf Journeyman

I lost a ton myself, now I have to spend 35AA a shot to get my stam dex and int BACK to cap.
  2. JolineSZ Augur

I am confused. I had 115 AAs before 236 AAs after and had to spend 5 AAs into Natural Durability, that was all. What am I missing hereß I gained 116 AAs. Something went wrong for me or am I the lucky one??
  3. Warpeace Augur

Go with Lucky.
  4. Nytewolf Journeyman

5. Nytewolf Journeyman

Very lucky
  6. Draego Augur

Bringing this comment onto the page it really belongs on, from Zheros's thread about foraging skill.

Nytewolf and Zheros like this.
  7. Zheros Lorekeeper

Saw the message on the thread I started. Thanks for the response you gave there...

I actually like this suggestion +1(here and there), hopefully your comment will gain support and we might see a change.

Though to be honest, I expect HELL will either freeze over or warm up (depending upon a persons own religious beliefs) before this would ever happen.
    Nytewolf likes this.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The reason it's never going to happen is that when you split them up into different AAs they each cost 5AA/rank; so now you have 7separate AA lines at 5AA/rank combined into 1 AA line at 35AA/rank.
  9. segap Augur

Considering the relative value of the combined versus the couple that matter for each class, they should have reduced the cost. They even could have refunded at a partial cost to account for buying back for less. Just rounded up slightly at the customer's advantage.
    Zheros likes this.
  10. Zheros Lorekeeper

I truly don't expect them too especially since DBG seems worse at screwing their customers over than SOE ever was, which is really sad because the abusers we had before are the same we have now, just with a shiny new name tag.
  11. Nytewolf Journeyman

^ This 100%
  12. Orbital101 Augur

I had no issues on any my 16 AAs maxed 105... Had to XP for about a hrs on some of them to max them up again which gave me something to do last weekend...

I even got most maxed in less then time then it took reading this thread. Im sure from going been max AA to 300 under max will break some of you game play LOLz...
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

For someone with 16 max AA characters, presumably able to box 6 at a time, I'm sure this wasn't a huge inconvenience.

But for someone like myself, who doesn't even have a 105, let alone max AA, losing 500ish AAs because none of the Planar Stat AAs got refunded was lame. Set me back about a week of AA exp. Not the end of the world, just meant I was going to stay 100 for another week burning Lessons to regain those AAs. Just dumb they didn't manage to refund things properly when merging.
  14. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

@Orbital101, thanks for confirming that this terrible consolidation affected you negatively too. I hope you aren't condoning DBG's actions, since you likely would have lost thousands of AAs. If you do condone it, would you feel the same way if they arbitrarily reduced all your toons to level 103? Because that's about the same thing.

Of course, it also gave you a chance to brag about all the money you spend on EQ (at the very least, you spent $40 x 16 for the expansion, is that right?). Maybe the opportunity to brag is the real reason you don't have a problem with having the AAs stolen from you in the first place?
  15. Nytewolf Journeyman

Precisely, got to love the fanboys that are OK with maxing the same thing twice.
  16. Brohg Augur

Got to love the hipster haters, envious since they don't enjoy the things they do as much
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Nobody to troll in-game, Brohg?
  18. Brohg Augur

Do you dislike how I play the game, too? That puts me in pretty good company, thank you :)
  19. Nytewolf Journeyman

Nah we just prefer to keep the topic civil so we can get this taken care of.
  20. Brohg Augur

Civil by trying to talk smack about Orbital101? Funny kinda civil.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.