Planar Power AA consolidation.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nytewolf, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Brohg Augur

You guys are hilarious. Characters weren't even IN a database until relatively recently; they were TEXT FILES on the servers. Tell the class some more about optimization now :p
    Cactuszach likes this.
  2. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Go Brohg! Tell us all your insights from working on the EQ code at DB. Lots of us would appreciate you sharing all your knowledge. Since you just chimed in, you obviously want to join our conversation. But you don't need to call us hilarious to join the conversation, everybody is welcome.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Regardless of how the data is being stored, it doesn't change the fact that the devs have either not mentioned performance as a cause (AA consolidation), or have specifically said they do not expect to see any performance gains (stat consolidation). There's really no need to speculate and argue anything more until the devs say something different.

And I hope they are too busy reversing the Planar Power consolidation mess to comment on their relatively irrelevant data storage techniques.
  4. Tevik Augur

For me, it's not so much about the sum of AA lost or the ease/difficulty/time of getting them back, as that is fairly minor overall. It's more about the continued inability to successfully test and implement changes that don't screw over the player base. This really is something that should have been caught in testing, and I don't mean by the players on Test either. Overlooking details like this in change after change wears down the confidence people have in the game in a way that can be even more damaging than the flood of nerfs we keep getting thrown.
  5. booser Journeyman

From what I have read they have ran out of "space" on the AA tabs to put aas. Getting rid of useless AAs and I assume consolidation of AAs also to make room for a slew of new ones. New expansion soon so it seems legit.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Posted this in another Thread and it was locked directing here So...Not Sure how messing with Planar Power would Fubar Forage AA however it also needs fixed.

Lost 50 Forage skill points and AA on my Druids that I consumed a Krono on before to get where they were before this cluster and are currently FTP.

As it stand now I am forced to at least pay a month subscription to reacquire the AA not to mention 50 in skill points I lost.

Simply not acceptable and needs fixed even if you consolidate AA we should not have lost skill points.

So if I petition to get my forage lvl 51 AA returned will I get it ? What about my 50 skill point in that guess we will be told to bad reacquire through game play?
  7. Cicelee Augur

So I logged on my alt monk. I previously had six AA banked prior to the patch. After the patch I had 89 AA banked. So somehow I managed to gain around 83 or so AA...
  8. Vdidar Augur

I lost all ranks of twincast. I'm not even sure how it's possible or why lol.
  9. Shaydes New Member

Nice to see not a single comment from a dev in 3 days regarding this issue!
  10. Draego Augur

o_O UHM ... NO.... JUST heck NO:mad:
  11. Draego Augur

Pally's would probably be first to /AGREE to this, I think, especially since they have that whole Act of Valor "here let me sacrifice my life in order to keep you alive" AA.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, you were refunded AAs lines that were merged into others at the same price to rebuy, but they were covered by auto grant.
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Don't you even think about getting rid of Act of Valor, it's the most hilarious AA in the game and has been ever since AAs were a thing.
    Sheex likes this.
  14. Draego Augur

Nice play on the name, but my Pally says take the thing away and give me something far more useful........like a random summoned caster class (preferably Necro's) to use as meat-shield :p making the mobs die laughing while he's beating the life out of em.

Also I never had the dang AA on my Pally until I wound up having it auto-granted......but that's a whole nother story........
  15. Shaydes New Member

Nice!
  16. Cicelee Augur

Now granted I rarely play my monk, so I could be mistaken. I know I had put some points into Planar Strength after an auto grant, and did not place points into any other ability. But when I logged in post patch, I swear my overall Planar Power is a higher number than what my Planar Strength was pre patch. Which means it feels like I gained a lot more AA banked (6 to 89) and increased my overall Planar Power as well.

Again you could/are 100% right. I don't play the alt enough to be 100% confident. It just feels and appears that I did obtain a lot more AA from this consolidation...

Now my main magician I actually had to get more AA to buy twin proc LOL :)
  17. booser Journeyman

No man I think that AA is totally legit. Every paladin should sacrifice themselves to save a clearly far superior warrior. :D
  18. segap Augur

Seems different for all classes. On some of my maxed out chars, I gained a good chunk of banked. On some, I was about even, on a couple, I lost banked aa. I have no clue on my non maxed ones. I know I had thrown a rank or two in to those stats to use up aa before doing grinds. I think it's clear that whatever they did did not quite work right.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. GothicCelt Lorekeeper

... Thats our Booser ... the Jerry Seinfeld of E'Marr ! ;) :)
  20. Draego Augur

o_Oo_O Wow and here I was thinking all Warriors preferred to the designated noble roadkill......err I mean meat-shield.....d'oh I meant ritualistic sacrifice. :D

May have to move my pally to E'Marr