Pick Zone Changes on TLPS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ViciousEQ, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Kastrokxx New Member

Terrible Terrible system. You can't tell me for 1 second you actually test any of this. Your intentional fix makes the game unplayable.
  2. Cultdruid New Member

I agree with the things said on the thread.
  3. Dyluth New Member

Good idea but bad for tlps should disable this for them.
    Falendar
  4. Loperzz New Member

This is a terrible change that should be reverted. Not zoning into the same instance as your group or raid is unacceptable. It makes things obnoxious and unfun.

Thanks
    Loperz
  5. GoPokes87 New Member

Yes please fix this. Listening to Vicious is generally a good idea.

~Phaez

6. Skinnee New Member

@accendo I dont understand how you guys misconstrued players complaining about lagging in plane of tranquility, the most AFK & preraid friendly zone ingame to demanding that you butcher 95% of the other content. Are you sure the original complaint wasnt under EQ2 forums? This has been the worst "patch"... excuse me, patch isnt the correct word to use here. Patching something is an attempt to help fix a smaller issue to help improve gameplay, this was actually the exact opposite of a patch. The quality of life playing EQ and having to deal with broken pick zones everywhere you go is agonizing.

To think, I thought when you guys broke Translocates was the worst screw up that has happened...Anti-patch01 says, "hold my beer" BRAVO ACCENDO
  7. Koreban Dallas New Member

Xygor's idea makes too much sense... - Korell

Melchior likes this.
  8. Kare New Member

Its super fun having half your group zone into a different pick when you zone then wait for a pick timer. Great idea... except its not and same goes for not having the raids all go into the same pick. Who in the world thought that this would be a good idea?

Fix this.

Kareless
  9. Ohnononono New Member

That doesn't really seem ideal. Doesn't the timer already limit the abuse potential? It's also not like this differentially affects players...
  10. Abcde New Member

It's bad, please change it back.

Thanks

=Toofast=
  11. Nosferati3 New Member

This is beyond frustrating and should be fixed as soon as possible.

Why hasn't this post been addressed and formally responded to by Daybreak yet?
  12. Tutu New Member

I understand that this was an intended change to alleviate a known issue. Perhaps I can offer a suggestion that may alleviate some of the heartburn players are experiencing while still keeping your change in place. Would it be possible to separate pick timer from combat timer? Having a Damage over Time affect stop you from picking seems awkward and unintentional. if so, this would make picking less frustrating for folks. Also, I am unsure if this is already in place. But currently when a group leader zones into a pick the other group members will also zone into the same pick. Does this happen for raid members as well? if not this could be a welcomed change. If my raid is in pick 0 , seems silly that I automatically get picked to pick 1. Why would I want to automatically be in a diffrent place than my raid? Between those two changes I think much of the frustration that is being had here could be relieved. just my 2 cents.
  13. Gnothappening Augur

Can you not make it so that the logic goes:
    Is player in a group/raid?
    If yes then place in pick with largest amount of people from that group/raid.
    If no, go to random pick.

I six box and having my guys zone in to several different picks is annoying. I don't care which pick you shunt me into, just put all my guys in the same one.
    Melchior likes this.
  14. Gnothappening Augur

Best part is, the guys who are cheating to warp and auto zone etc, are the least inconvenienced by this.
    Melchior likes this.
  15. verbatim Elder

Can't express enough how annoying this change has been, my boxes are continuously split between picks, and I am frequently placed into the pick without my raid or the raid target we are mobilizing for. I have yet to find a single instance where this change has been a positive improvement for my own personal experience playing the game. At the very least please fix the logic to restore the original behavior of placing you with your group/raid.
  16. Brimmer New Member

Currently, this change limits and actively blocks peoples ability to interact with each other. To me, this seems to be incongruent with one of the most enjoyable aspects of EQ. Please revert the picks changes!

Fawlin Fawlin Fawlin Fawlin Fawlin... FAWLIN
  17. Scyra New Member

This change is causing major problems. It needs to go back to the way it was. I hate hearing that a guild member has a dot on them and needs a cure and I am not in the correct pick to help them...Change it back.

Scyra
    Melchior likes this.
  18. Kurbs New Member

If this change was to get people to pay for the perk so they wouldn't de-level because they ran face first into mobs that they believed were dead trying to catch up to the raid then bravo because I already have dozen deaths under my belt from this, well between that an a DoTs like from the wonderful Grummus that thrashes anyone who can't heal themselves anyway. I've played through multiple TLPs and aside from the first day PoP came live in Plane of Tranq. I couldn't tell you a time I've ever had a problem with lag in that zone. Revert this change until it is better thought through and can be implemented more efficiently.
  19. Madroxide New Member

Simply put this is lazy on the dev end.

Hard code specific pain point zones (pok, tranq, guild hall) and take it back to the way it was.

You have turned open world racing into a complete joke. Racing another guild is now a game of roulette to see who gets in the right pick.

Not only that, god forbid you got any sort of dot on you or aggro any mob, you're out of the race completely. There are plenty of zones where picking also equals aggro.

You really think competitive players will be ok with losing races to rng?
  20. Iwillnottank New Member

Please

Please fix it.