Pick Zone Changes on TLPS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ViciousEQ, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Gheed Is not reading your response

w...h....a....t?

Its pathetic how broken it is. What in the world do the new pick zone issues have to do with people being mega boxers?

Its a prevalent issue that JUST came about with the new patch. This issue affects almost every player in the game and you are surprised that the mega thread has "new member" ranks posting?

:rolleyes:
    HekkHekkHekk and Willowflower like this.
  2. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I'm on my third iteration of the forums, and even my first iteration wasn't the first. I'm just glad I got all my flagging out of the way weeks ago.
  3. Gnothappening Augur

The funny part is, mega boxers have "tricks" that make this a non-issue for them. The mega boxers also don't really want to draw attention to themselves.
    Willowflower likes this.
  4. Zanarnar Augur

Hay, were now tied for the top bug reported at 107 votes. Good thing their tracker is still following this post :) Anyways the longer they let this go on the worse it looks for them, and the more paying customers they're frustrating.

The total failure to own the mistake and correct it, followed by the condescending response from the CM and a dev not even reading the thread before deciding to ignore it too has left me wondering just how bad things are there. This is an easy to understand mistake and the issue its causing is also easy to demonstrate or explain. There is no understandable or acceptable reason were being ignored and this isn't being fixed.

DPG, you should be ashamed of yourself.
    Willowflower likes this.
  5. Gromden New Member

Such an absolutely horrible change and the fact that they doubled down on saying this is what they intended is even worse.
    Willowflower likes this.
  6. Earl New Member

Only way to make these companies accountable for their actions is to not pay for their products and move on
    Willowflower likes this.
  7. Willowflower New Member

I doubt they care, mission accomplished as far as they're concerned...

There is no acceptable reason this has gone on so long. This thread alone is into it's 10th page, and there have been other threads. That so many people are unhappy with the change should give the devs some pause for thought.

It's highly unlikely that they will feel ashamed of themselves at all. They can't even admit their "fix" had unintended consequences.
  8. Kabshaak Journeyman

This change has made things unnecessarily difficult and tedious and really should be re-reviewed. It has been especially frustrating on Rizlona with new DoN zones being heavily populated with a lot of picks. Even my 6 box group keeps ending up in different picks while grouped together. I've also noticed it on simple druid ports while grouped, toons ending up in different picks. It isn't always so simple to just /pick and correct it, either, because the /pick area is not always the same as the port in, further splitting up the group - boxing or not
    Appren and Willowflower like this.
  9. verbatim Elder

2022 Introducing the "party commander perk", when members of your group enter a zone they will automatically join your pick. Keep the party on track as you conquer the dungeons of Norrath. Lead your group to success!
  10. Stratka Lorekeeper

Right now, this is very annoying (or lethal if you dc in raid/group) but the current servers are at the stage of where this has a limited amount of impact. For Mischief/Thornblade, this is going to be unbearable in Gates of Discord. The zones in PoP are very safe if you have to pick and picking puts you at the same entrance. This is not the case in Gates of Discord and it is impossible to work around.

Zoning into Kod Taz from an Ikkinz raid means putting people into different picks with trash up in each temple. Zoning into multiple Qvic picks means at best, the raid has to clear double or triple the trash to get to Inktu'Ta. And this ignores anything spawning in Open World where again, the raid will be completely separated.

For grouping, going link dead is frustrating enough but then to be logged in to a different pick and die is infuriating. Your group can't even rez you because your corpse is in a different pick.

This needs to be rolled back asap. The only reason there aren't 1000+ likes on this thread is because this is "workable" for the current servers. This is not going to be case with a new standard TLP or moving forward on Mischief/Thornblade.
    Willowflower likes this.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

I always defend DBG devs because I know they have a limited resource pool and a horrible customer base (myself included). However, when a change that produces very little benefit and makes the game so much worse for everyone stays for this long, I have to wonder if the haters are right. Especially when the response was that raids being broken and players being screwed is a feature and intended.
  12. verbatim Elder

It's also worth noting that dying and releasing your corpse then rezzing results in you being forcibly rezed/zoned into the pick with the lowest number of players (Not the pick where your corpse was rezed). This of course comes with all the secondary consequences that come with that (dying to uncleared trash).
  13. Stewgottz Augur

Suggestion; lower the threshold in tranquility if the outcry is lag in tranquility... it would be way less annoying to run boxes across 3 PoTraq picks instead of this S-show every time a group has any kind of interaction with any zone line in the zones in which we actually play.

This suggestion was brought to you by directions "liking a post makes it more important" or something.
    Willowflower likes this.