Pick Zone Changes on TLPS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ViciousEQ, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Nikez_ New Member

Great idea, poor execution. Please fix this

-Nikez
  2. Stratka Lorekeeper

Additional non-raid spots on TLP where an average user will get screwed. If your group zones in and gets separated to different picks, the group has to start all over:

Lower Guk - There are many entrances with the succor spot being only at the dead side.
    The Hole - If your group zones via the big hole instead of the water entrance.
    Plane of Fear - Succor spot is unsafe and you need a group to break in
    Plane of Hate - Succor spot is unsafe
    Chardok - Succor spot is unsafe far away from entrance
    Dreadlands - The succor spot is behind a Dragon on the complete opposite side of the map.
    Sirens Grotto - Succor spot is on the complete opposite side of the map
    Griegs End - Succor spot is on the complete opposite side of the map
    Paludal Caverns and Ferubi
    Qvic - Succor spot is on the complete opposite side of the map from Natimbi entrance
    Yxxta - Succor spot is on opposite side from Primals entrance
    MPG - Succor spot is an entrance far away from trial entrances
    brickz, Xyroff-cazic., Blerb and 5 others like this.
  3. Clio New Member

I agree that there should be "no free escapes," but the core value proposition of EQ is that it is a massively multiplayer online game--this experience is ruined when I am in a group with my friends, message them to follow me into a zone to help me with something, then they can't join me without waiting for a timer. Sometimes even 30 extra seconds is too much when you've been waiting hours on a rare spawn or you aggroed too many mobs and are going to die if you don't get your group members' help. Job number one of managing the player experience in an MMO is to enable your customers to play with other people easily, and this change hinders that experience.
  4. ViciousEQ Elder

When you are on a raid...in MAIN PICK....and your internet goes out...you log back in...in a pick zone...in whatever dangerous raid area of the zone you were in previously in...in the main pick....with all the mobs around you all alive to kill you as you load in.
    Fenl and Ryochan like this.
  5. Glendariel New Member

Please revert the changes you made to the pick mechanics. Its causing alot of problems. Thank you.

Zorsha
  6. Matai New Member

This is in essence a poorly thought out idea which feels rushed at best. 2 wrongs dont make a right and "considering" is simply avoiding accountability at best. Please revert back.
  7. verbatim Elder

Would be nice to be able to do the stomach event / keeper event in open world....
  8. Windance Augur

Maybe they should prompt which pick you go to before they finishing zoning you in.
  9. Gnothappening Augur

I don't think zoning would allow that. Easier fix is to just have you zone into a pick with the majority of your raid/group. Heck, make us zone into a pick that has ANY of our raid or group.
  10. Dadbod New Member

zoning into a zone and having your group end up in 3 different picks is horrible.
    logging into the game and having your toons log into multiple picks when they was next to each other is horrible.
    Atleast fix this so that people in the same group and or raid zone into the same pick.
  11. Windance Augur

So the default should be you zone into the base zone unless you or your group/raid leader selects a pick.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

69 likes + the OP, how may likes does it take to get this new issue sorted, created by this change?
  13. Bruzum Grobbfist Journeyman

im not surprised that this is because of the mischief server. hopefully soon they will stop catering to just one server, and consider everyone's play across the board. either way, im tired of paying all this money every month to be a game tester, and i know im not alone. please test things after you make huge changes like that in the future.
  14. Kelorin New Member

Logic should be, in order:
    a. If you logged out in the zone, log back in to the pick you were in if it still exists.
    b. elseIf someone in your group is in the zone, zone into their pick
    c. elseIf someone in your raid is in the zone, zone into their pick
    d. elseIf someone in your guild is in the zone, zone into their pick
    e. elseIf you are in a raid, zone into Main.
    f. else, default to the new pick balancing logic.

This logic would make the new pick balancing feel fantastic. A fresh XP group would all gather together easily. Folks would auto balance up across picks as they travel and utilize low impact picks. Guilds would group together in heavy use AFK areas like Tranquility.

This may also require prioritizing zoning into the leaders pick first, and then the zone with the most folks in it if the leader is not in the zone.
  15. ViciousEQ Elder

Pay the man
  16. verbatim Elder

People in my raid died after coming back from a disconnect last night and spawning in the middle of a bunch of mobs. Feels bad.
  17. Zanarnar Augur

Newsflash, your fix is worse then the issue. I can also fix all the issues my users report by burning down the building. Doesn't make it good way to address the issue. This isn't either.

This has to be one of the most tone-deaf responses in a while. Its your fault this is happening due to a poorly thought out change. We're not asking for a get out of death free card, rather you to fix the major issue you've caused with pick zones. Offense intended, perhaps customer relations isn't a good job for you.

Here's a thought, you should always zone into the pick with your group/raid (leader); or the one you were in previously if you crashed/etc and log back in, assuming its still available.

Also how about fixing the countdown? It gives 0 or 1 warning and then nothing.. just boots you to the main pick.

So, how about fix what you broke before getting salty with your paying customers.
    Matburns and Bruzum Grobbfist like this.
  18. Timetoslaythedragon New Member

This is rediculous....

I was xp'ing with a group last night in plane of fire. I DC'd, came back, was thrown into the pick and died because no one was there in the pick. I gave up and logged.

This is intended??? So if anyone xp'ing in a popular zone dc's or relogs or anything, they're screwed???

Are you serious?
  19. verbatim Elder

This continues to be a constant pain point, every raid people remark on their frustration with the new pick behavior. Please fix this.
  20. OpenSource Journeyman

This change is hilariously bad.

You simply cannot zone people into picks their group is not in for so many reasons.

I am not sure about outcry but if this is a balancing issue with just tranquility or plane of knowledge then maybe put some custom pick rules for just those zones. Dont fubar up picking in 99% of places to "fix" those few.

This is like saying sir you have cancer in your toe. We need to amputate all your limbs.