PhinnyKills.com - Now Tracking Epic 1.0 Server Firsts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machen, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintermalo Augur

Hi you must be new here. That has and always will be the purpose of phinnykills.
  2. Machen New Member

This is correct. These aren't rankings, these are the order in which PD was killed, plain and simple.

And really, all I can go on is what people self report about their circumstances when they kill mobs. If EoE had major help from AoS for their first PD kill, I have no way to verify that one way or another and it's not really my desire to play Phinny Detective on this stuff. If AoS did in fact help EoE and EoE leadership want to fess up to it I will happily change the date to their first legitimate solo kill. Apart from that happening I don't really see much reason (or ability) to pursue this further.
    Rhiyannon and Vaclav like this.
  3. yerm Augur

AOS members are not attending other guild's instanced raid kills. That would mean these keyed characters are foregoing AOS' guild kills to do so - which would be absurd. If EOE has a higher number of keys than their Trak kill tally would suggest the simplest answer is that AOS gave or multiquested extra teeth to them from our open world kills in order to supplement what they get from instanced-only raiding.

My understanding is that many instanced-only guilds are being given these keys from us on a regular basis, and fail to understand how it would somehow diminish the accomplishment of beating Kunark because they chose to avoid open world racing/socking and stick to instances instead. I expect this will happen again with glowing orbs when Luclin rolls around.
  4. Vaclav Augur

I hope no one needs it for Glowing Orbs of Luclinite with the DZs - there's like 19 targets a week that drop them, no? And some that drop garbage besides the Orbs that I imagine will get left up once you're done VT keying for extras on top of that.

I could easily be wrong - but I can't see you bothering to farm all but a few for loot once you're in VT. (Seru & Cursed Cycle)
  5. Finchy Augur

this is why i wonder why AoS showed up on this server. They are the only guild that wants open world comp, at least it seems to be that way. I find it kind of entertaining that Perdition talks all this talk about on this kind of server, like he thinks he is better than us because he is ok with waking up at 2am to log into a video game to kill something. I mean c'mon man...it was cool 16 years ago when i was a kid and didn't have responsibilities...
    Zhuge Liang likes this.
  6. malaki Augur

While I'm sure the answer for everyone in the guild will be different, For myself, the reason is the relatively fast unlocks.12 weeks of each expansion is plenty.
  7. yerm Augur

What you want and actual reality aren't always the same thing. This server was not set up to remove the open world and/or competition. People came here for different reasons and the AOS' motivations are about as valid as anyone else's.

[spoiler]
    [/spoiler]
  8. Finchy Augur

Oh i get it...i'm referring to open world. it's the only argument I hear from AoS that they have no comp because they are the best, when we all know that's not the specific case here.
  9. Damdor Journeyman

EoE had over 30 teeth from our three trak kills when we killed PD. 3 or 4 guilds were allowed to loot non used teeth from AoS open world kills. I looted them all on my character and still have some of them. We had the ability to have 50 people in VP when we killed PD due to teeth numbers but we only used 30 odd people which by the time we killed her we had collected that number of teeth on our own.

Long story short AoS were cool to give multiple guilds free teeth but due to the show of medallion farming our own teeth were more than enough.
  10. Damdor Journeyman

Lol we have beaten MOTM Gore ages ago, we kill open world dragons in a split raid with 30 in each. We do also clear VP with numbers in 30s.
  11. Kyel Journeyman

You're talking down to someone by claiming they are #1 only because "you" quit... not to hurt you feelings, but that's how it works. To use the race analogy so many are fond of... If you sign up for an 18+ lap race and quit after the first 8 laps, even if you lead the race those 8 laps... you still aren't #1. Even if you didn't plan to run the full race, when you signed up you knew it was at least 18 laps.

At the end of the day remember it's just a game and there isn't a need o try to put others down.
  12. bodes Augur

100% agree - the only stat that matters is which phinigel guild clears The Broken Mirror first
  13. Drakyria Lorekeeper

People seem to forget there is no such thing as "beating" an MMO. They're designed so that there isn't an end because once people beat it, that revenue stream stops. So companies design them to have a carrot always dangling in front of the player. Eventually people start to notice the carrot is looking a bit moldy and move on to another carrot. Doesn't mean they lost, they just found something better to do. If you want to pretend you won the game when there's only a handful of people left, go for it.
  14. Qelyn Augur

I don't know about you, but with me...
    [IMG]
  15. Kyel Journeyman

That's quite true... of course it works both ways. Can't claim you "won" by quitting before you get half through the content.
  16. Hamshire Augur

Me and Machen know each other pretty well.

Machen, we are number 3 and all our kill dates are legit.

Ignore all these other rude boys crying because they are not in the top three.
    Machen likes this.
  17. Vaclav Augur

Technically you can - all but a few "bests" or "winners" are within some partial segment. Some people value longevity in such, others don't - it's all subjective to a degree.
  18. Wintermalo Augur

I like how Mrniceguy made an arbitrary, baseless "power ranking" that has no meaning yet it's being hotly debated as if it's actually a thing. One of the forums biggest trolls pulled of a surprisingly effective troll.
    GrugSA, Finley and Vaclav like this.
  19. Hamshire Augur

In fact I made an edit to the phinny kills post.

[IMG]

Ah looks much better because who cares about whos behind the top three anyways right?

[IMG]

And forget all the rest!
  20. Finley Augur

Do you wish you had thought to do it? :p
    Machen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.