Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lejaun Augur

I'm hoping that a plan is in place this time. Maybe start up two servers at launch that will merge in 30 days?
  2. Nolrog Augur

IIRC, it takes a lot of time and effort on DBGs side to merge servers (why we still have a Vulak even though it's been dead for ages.)

They have the log in queue now and the auto AFK kick that they can turn on to make it easier for people to get in and play.
  3. JustAQuestion Elder

@Roshen
    Why? We asked from week one for instanced zones and raid!

At the beginning you devs said no, no time, no resources etc.
    Then we got instanced zones, was a great deal for the whole server, good work and all ppl was happy.

Then we got the buged vote on RF for Velious:
    - it was voteable on both servers.
    - the answers wasnt clear and partly hidden.
    - after a RF crash it wasnt possible to vote or change the answer for the last 3 days.
    - the short vote time (1 week) was a joke.

And now you release a feature on a new TLP, what the old servers wanted.
    Cuz you "think" it would be to much changes... comeone make atleast a vote if the people want it.
    At the same time you can redo the velious vote with some clear answers.

You will see that in both cases the People will vote YES for instances and YES for 3 month.
    Skipper and Lanadorm like this.
  4. Syrup Augur

No one who will stay on lockjaw/RF wants instanced content.
    Keep your carebear rules to your carebear server.
  5. Goobles Elder

Please do not allow kronos to be used on this server. They ruin the. Integrity of the game and the economy
    Herf and Lanadorm like this.
  6. JustAQuestion Elder

@Syrup
    I am from RF and alot raid guilds and also casual guilds want it.
    Lanadorm likes this.
  7. Skipper Augur

[IMG]
  8. Syrup Augur

So they can play on phinny for all the instanced content their heart desires.
  9. code-zero Augur

People need to think through what they are asking for.

If Daybreak was going to make raid instances on RF/LJ then what would be the point of even creating Phinegal.

If Daybreak wanted to constantly revote expansion openings then there'd be no need for a no-vote TLP

Let's not even get into "no Krono", the Krono was put into game to do exactly what it's doing and being used for and as far a Daybreak is concerned it maybe be undervalued but it's certainly not broken nor is it a problem at all

The Traditional Box ruleset is the most innovative part of this server and that's not even the big draw for most who are going to go there
  10. Machail Journeyman

Would love to but I'm afraid that won't be happening this time. I'm long retired from guild website creation.

Also surprised no one else has started server forums yet. phinigel.com is open for registration. Just sayin'.
  11. KevinC New Member

While I do agree that 3 months should be enough for the first expansions, I think it will be way too fast for others like PoP that has tons of raid, flagging, etc.

Is there any plans to extend the time for certain expansions that have more content?

Thanks!
  12. Grish Augur

@Roshen

This may have been commented on already but I don't have the time or inclination to read 16 pages of mostly garbage.

You had said that the raid mobs would remain buffed.

I have no issue with the mobs having more HP and hitting harder than they did on live. The amount they hit for and their HP are a little high for classic content but I think most people can live with it.

The actual mitigation buff though, should be removed on this new server. There is no need to mitigate all damage and make pets fairly useless on a server with very few boxers.

I forsee it causing all kinds of issues with guilds being able to put together the right raid setups to kill some of these mobs.

While you may still see a lot of pet classes, you won't see nearly as many as were on RF/LJ. There are a very small percentage of the population that play main healers already.

Leave the HP/Damage outputs but please remove the mitigation buffs.

If that means you have to remove them on RF/LJ, then just do it universally.
    Kridina likes this.
  13. Nolrog Augur

All that does is move the krono use to another server, or a 3rd party site and increases the risk of people getting scammed. It does not stop the krono use at all.
    Tronk likes this.
  14. Herf Augur

Yep. I was a dev for an MMO once. Anyone who knows anything about MMOs knows that the economy must be carefully planned, watched, and protected, just like a real life economy. Kronos are the equivalent of allowing a country to print money unlimited and in game, as in real life, it results in inflation. On top of that, unlike real life, because Kronos are transferable it encourages pharming of items. It's just bad.
  15. Darth Augur

I want instanced content for Lockjaw. So guilds that can't kill targets at all times of the day, have an option.
    Hirbow likes this.
  16. Goobles Elder

If they
    can somehow disable thekrono trade is all I'm asking. The fact that people can trade krono is disgusting.
  17. code-zero Augur

You do realize that in game you create plat and items by killing mobs which is effectively like the players printing their own money don't you?

By your logic the players are just like counterfeiters who also ruin entire economies

If we combine the two concepts what we have is counterfeiters complaining that countries minting their own currency bad for counterfeiting

Oh BTW, it's impossible to farm Krono, you can only farm items and currency that you hope someone will pay for with Krono. As long as people are willing to BUY krono to trade for in games items then the Krono is working exactly as intended when it was introduced.
    Tronk and Aric like this.
  18. Weverley Augur

Krono wouldn't be a problem if people wouldn't be expecting all the big gear right away. If people were use to be ok as long as i progress gear wise i would be ok.Farmers would stop farming real fast if nobody would buy their things.It's just a question of expectation.Oh and btw since i love druid that's gonna be my first character on Phinny. If i recall druid was the 2nd most popular class on Ragefire after mage so don't worry about phinny lacking healers unless you are the type anything except cleric won't work.
    Kridina likes this.
  19. MBear Augur

I've always been of the opinion that EQ needs more sinks.
    Inflation happens when the plat is entering the server faster than it is leaving it.

Krono is working as intended and I understand the purpose for it.
    I have never liked the system and would prefer RMT wasn't a thing - though that could never happen.
  20. Lejaun Augur

Krono aren't a big problem to me. Are they used for RMT? Yeah, they are. Nothing is going to stop that. People have been selling platinum and items since 1999 in Everquest. Take away Krono and they'll just use a different method.

People are going to farm regardless, especially if they know how to exploit the system (not hacking, but farming/camping/selling/whatever).

At least with Krono DBG gets a cut of the money and that keeps our game earning money for them so that we can keep playing and they can justify paying the devs who keep this game running for us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.