Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Risiko Augur

I remember hearing that at EQs peak it was around 1 million accounts. I'd bet it's closer to 50,000 now. But, we'll never know cause they won't say anymore.
  2. Lexani Blades New Member

If you read up on the issues with SoE and daybreak it had to do with some kid hacker destroying the CEOs life. not krono rofl
  3. Lexani Blades New Member

Anyone else got more info on this?
  4. Hobbit Journeyman

Most likely no. Lockjaw has caught up to Ragefire and you can't transfer from Ragefire to Lockjaw.
  5. Lexani Blades New Member

Is that because they want to let lockjaw finish content or possibly they foreseen the new server jumps? never know.
  6. Machen New Member

They stated from the outset of transfers between RF/LJ that the leading server progression wise could not transfer to the other server. Who knows if the same will apply to Phinny once Phinny is ahead of RF/LJ.
  7. Kearstin Elder

eq's peak in 2002: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=1070

100,000 online simultaneously
    EverQuest currently has more than 430,000 active subscribers
    we are confident that EverQuest will continue to dominate the online role-playing game segment

there are some reports that eq had 500k paid subs at one point
  8. Herf Augur

Precisely. Look, I left Fennin to go to Ragefire for a retro experience, and immediately ran into the mage/bot armies. Now I'm prepare to leave Ragefire for Phinny, with the promise that this kind of thing will decrease significantly. But if they let the bot army players from Ragefire into Phinny, along with their bags of inflation-causing plat, I'll just give Daybreak the finger and go back to doing something useful with my life.
    Son of a... likes this.
  9. Herf Augur

As a site note: back when Sony allowed us to see the active/instant population on each server when we logged in, each server had about 4k players on it playing on it at any given time. So 4k x #servers, then add the people not currently logged in.
  10. Numiko Augur

If anyone wants to test out the one client per box scripts, they have it up on the test server right now.
  11. Weverley Augur

I can see all the boxers running to test as we speak lol.
    Elkay likes this.
  12. Elkay Augur

Workarounds in place day 1! And I don't care because I can use instancing to avoid them. :)
  13. Sagnid Augur

There is no need to test. I am sure their precautions will do a good job of detecting common software. The big question is if their software is smart enough to know if you are boxing on another server, while playing on the new server.

The answer should be yes. But I bet we see a lot of suspended accounts week one for this very thing.
  14. Machen New Member

Why should it be a problem to box on another server while playing 1 toon on Phinny? I haven't seen them address this particularly but I don't see why it would affect the intent of Phinny in any way.
  15. Tris Augur

Its pretty insane when you think about it, that they probably are going to suspend paying customers, for playing on accounts they payed to play on.
  16. Arderd and Crowd Augur

He's saying it shouldn't, but software may detect boxing and give a false positive and ban you.
  17. Elkay Augur

DBG already got the money for the Kronos they would be playing the box accounts with. No loss to anyone really. The boxer will just make another account and transfer a few more Kronos.
  18. Tachyon Augur

That's over two years from now. If you look at progression server history, it's all about Classic to GoD. After that you might as well play on a live server.

My hope is that they reboot different kinds of nostalgia servers every six to twelve months. That's where the game is for many. If not they want recent stuff.
  19. Machen New Member

That's just not correct. Fippy had a healthy population well past GoD. For all the anecdotal evidence people seem to rely on, there were still 10 active raiding guilds during DoDH, and plenty of grouping opportunities at all levels.
  20. Tachyon Augur

The simple answer to this is to play the GAME, not the ECONOMY. With instanced zones and instanced raids you can put the time in and actually EARN the drops you want. The kronos, plat, gear or anything else that anyone else has does not matter. Just say no and go hunt stuff with your buddies!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.