Phinigel FAQ

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Demoncrusher Lorekeeper

Hi Roshen,

Can you please verify in addition to the above example:

12 weeks of Luclin, 12 weeks of Planes of Power, 12 weeks of Legacy of Ykesha, 12 weeks of Lost Dungeons of Norrath.

If that is not the case, please let us know. That is the impression from what is said in the FAQ.

Demoncrusher
  2. Vaclav Augur

Another important question for future content, is if major epic spawned mobs on long timers will be instances. (i.e. triggered Ragefire for clerics)

And will long timers for solo epic bits be looked at (i.e. Marl Kastane for SKs)
  3. Tudadar Augur

Kinda seems rushed with just twelve weeks. I hope you guys are ready for all of the crying when the majority of guilds cant kill all raid buffed bosses in era before the next expansion. The instancing is kind of casual friendly but the time inbetween expansions and the raid mob difficulty is not. Atm it seems geared the most towards people that think they are hardcore but cant get any raid kills.

"Should this not be enough to meet demand, we’ll be ready to roll out a second server. Note that Phinigel is a beast of a server, and we’d rather keep players together on one server, unless having everyone on Phinigel creates long queues or other negative experiences for players."

I like that part though. Going in prepared.
  4. Vaclav Augur

The buffs aren't too bad, tougher for sure, but manageable. Keep in mind there's zero need to rush or erraticness on numbers showing with instances, due to logistical differences like that it will be easier by some degrees as well.

Not saying zero tweaks might be called for, but it's premature to say they need further adjustments yet.
  5. ShaggyGrant Journeyman

The Zordak ragefire merchant is in the instanced version of naggy so there will be some relief. Currently naggy doesn't banish in the instance so if guilds can still kill him at 60 this might be an issue, but if not then essentially any cleric who levels past 52 can get that part done easily.
  6. Numiko Augur

actually thinking about this more, if they make LoY and LDON 84 days each as well that will be a nice break in the middle to catch things up.
    MBear likes this.
  7. Zublak Augur

If this holds and these smaller/casual guilds can't kill their boss than my oh my at the threads that will be opened on these forums. Server will will plummet as fast as it opened. There are quite a few smaller/casual guilds that either a) haven't killed any of the buffed bosses on the other 2 servers or b) they have, but they struggle to do so as is while having longer time to gear and level.

This should get interesting!

Oh and Sagnid. I think what Roshen is getting at is; If your question wasn't asked by a couple dozen other people than it's not an important enough question to answer. This means he'd have to asnwer the other 100 questions from 100 different people about 100 different things. You'd imagine they'd have Q&A stream for this server and answer questions that way. That would make sense!
  8. Tachyon Augur

Yep! Something like nine months between PoP and GoD.
  9. Angered Augur

Can we please get a clarification on PoHate Mini's / Respawn timers / ETC is it 2.5 days PER MINI / Armor mob or?????????
  10. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

I mean, as much as I like PoP 9 months of it might be a little bit too much.
  11. FurySoul Augur

Is there any chance that the level requirements for Lord Nagafen and Lady Vox could be dropped as it does't seen relevant anymore, especially with the advent of the raid instances for this server. (The current restriction is on all TLP and Live servers and restricts players level 53+ from engaging these targets)

It doesn't have any affect on classic, but when it gets to Kunark it could make doing those raids irritating and artificially keeping players from doing older content without a real purpose.
    Actonup likes this.
  12. Nolrog Augur

This is not a bad suggestion. It meets the announced rule of ~90 days and the desired goal for more predictability on exactly when the new expansion would unlock (has nothing to do with the quickness of 84 days but rather in keeping as close to the original stated ruleset.)
    Kridina likes this.
  13. Trumpton New Member

New question - Will the instanced Naggy & Vox still be subject to the level restriction in Kunark ?

Personally I'd hope the instanced version won't be restricted.
  14. Grish Augur

On test right now, I understand that the level maximum does not exist in the instances for naggy and vox.
  15. Works Elder

This is pretty awesome. Little things like this are what will make Phinny a more reasonable place in the long term.
    Tronk likes this.
  16. Tronk Augur

I prefer the 13 weeks to 12 weeks just because of how it meets up with 52 weeks in a year. Same time next year, we get a new expansion. That would be awesome, just before Christmas again.
    MBear likes this.
  17. Drathus Augur

Anyone know?
  18. Ltldogg Augur

I just tested this yesterday and at that time the level maximum was still in place. I went to Naggy's Lair, he was up and I got banished to zone.
  19. Grish Augur

Ok, yesterday at 5:47am, this was posted:

Were you in a Naggy instance? If so, perhaps Shaggy was incorrect.
  20. Ltldogg Augur

No, I was in the open world. I might try an instance later tonight.