Phinigel FAQ

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

See the full post here. The full FAQ is aimed at players that may be new to progression servers. Here the the FAQ questions that'll matter the most to those of you on these progression server forums!

[IMG]

Q: How Is This Server Different From Other Progression Servers?

Phinigel is our fourth version of a Progression Server, and we’re calling this a “True Box Server.” This is a server where each player will only be able to play on one EverQuest account from each one of their computers.

Players won’t vote to unlock content on Phinigel, and the server won’t wait until all of the raid content is defeated before the expansion unlock timer starts. Instead, every 12 weeks expansion content will unlock on this server.

That means 12 weeks of Classic EverQuest, 12 weeks of The Ruins of Kunark, 12 weeks of The Scars of Velious, etc. This is a server for players that want to move through the content faster than the previous progression servers have allowed.

In addition, big raid targets from each expansion will be instanced.

Q: Can I Transfer My Existing Character Here?

No. This will be a fresh server where all players will begin their adventures from level 1.
    There are no plans at this time to offer transfers to this server from any other progression server.

Q: How Does Raid Instancing Work on Phinigel?

The system will allow a full raid (72 players) into an instance. You will need at least 6 players in your raid to request a raid instance.

When you request a raid instance, the player that requested this and his entire raid will be given an account-wide request lockout for that specific raid for 2.5 days.

Each “boss” in the zone will grant a 6.5 day account-wide lockout. For the most part this is just the big boss (Lord Nagafen, for example) and the stuff in his/her/its immediate vicinity.
    For launch, Plane of Air is an exception. Each island will have a lockout. Kill any NPC on that island and everyone in your raid will receive a 6.5 day account-wide lockout for that island.

Q: When you talk about expansions unlocking after a certain amount of time, does that mean killing raid targets isn't required?

Correct. This server doesn’t check when raid bosses were killed to decide when additional expansion content unlocks. Expansions will unlock 12 weeks after each other, regardless of when raid content is cleared.

Q: Can I Purchase the 40-Slot “Steadfast Satchel” on the new Progression Server?

Yes! This bag is a one-time claim available on any server, including progression servers. You can learn more about this here.

The FULL FAQ can be viewed here.
    Aneuren likes this.
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

Can we get any insight about the future of Ragefire/Lockjaw as far as merges go?

It puts a lot of unnecessary strain on guild leaders, officers and players making decisions when you leave such gigantic uncertainties. Guilds on the verge of disbanding whom don't want to and want to continue enjoying the world of Everquest will be given hope by a possible near future merger, but if you don't give them that hope they could disband and leave your game forever.

Please, let us know something.
  3. Aneuren Tempered Steel

4. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Roshen getting aboard the gif train is awesome!

On a serious note, on Ragefire and Lockjaw guild names were generated and changed in real time (without disbanding the guild) by DBG at the guild's request.

Is DBG going to extend the same courtesy to leaders that had an issue obtaining a guild name -- specifically ones that they have already reserved or are currently raiding with?
    spacetrig, Pukkun, Ebon and 3 others like this.
  5. Skipper Augur

Roshen stated in another thread that they will put us on a 12 week progression, not 90 days. If my math is correct, we now have a 84 day server.
    Actonup likes this.
  6. Vengaz New Member

Could you please consider making the unlock set to every 13 weeks (91 days) or 14 weeks (98 days)? I think most people agree that 90 is already short, and 84 makes it even quicker.
    Kyel likes this.
  7. Roshen Brand Manager

There are no plans at this time to merge these servers.

We'll continue to watch the population on these servers as we move forward, but as of this post there are no plans to merge Ragefire and Lockjaw.
  8. Korillo Augur

What time do you plan launching Phinny at on Dec 9th?
  9. Krek Elder

Well, I am done. 84 days per expac is too quick. I was excited about 90 days with content defeated. Guess if DBG can find a way to screw something up, they will, and did.
  10. mbwon New Member

the time for the 9th would be a nice faq
  11. Roshen Brand Manager

Generally, Daybreak doesn't create guilds for players in EverQuest.

Ragefire was a source of weird edge cases ... with Ragefire needing to be wiped and players having issues recreating guild names after the wipe.

There are no plans at this time to assist players with guild creation on a case to case basis. Players are able to create guilds without our direct assistance.

Guild names are unique across the game, regardless of the server you're on. That means if a guild name exists on another server, you won't be able to create a guild of the same name on Phinigel.
  12. Roshen Brand Manager

As soon as the team has a time to unlock Phinny available, I'll be sure to pass it on.
  13. AlmarsGuides Augur

Fair enough <3

Most I can ask for is keep an open mind in the future and don't lie to us saying "It's impossible to merge the servers" like Sony did for Fippy/Vulak.
  14. Heartland Augur

What do you plan to do with Vulak, while we're talking about low populated progression servers?
  15. Azzudien Augur

Bye bye
  16. Skipper Augur

I am absolutely stunned! They put Phinny on 84 day lockouts. What in the hell are they thinking? I didn't think this server could be sabotaged, but it was. It's as if DBG wants to piss everyone off.
  17. AlmarsGuides Augur

and this is the story of how Dima made his first plural guild name
  18. Azzudien Augur

Not pissing anyone off, you want slow content releases, stay on Lockfire
  19. AlmarsGuides Augur

Ragejaw sounds cooler imo

And if you don't like my opinion we can E-fight about it for hours.
  20. Finchy Augur

Roshen,

It was mentioned on several instances where Phinigel would be a set 90 day server for unlocks with no votes. Now in the FAQ you say it's 12 week lockout not 90 days. That's 1 day shy of a week shorter than the shortest TLP to date. There are a ton of people that already were worried about 90 days, but now it's been lessened to 84 days per your FAQ. Any chance this can be revisited? I would imagine you are doing this so the release date is always on Wednesday, but maybe increase this to 13 weeks so it's closer to 90 days as originally mentioned? A mass amount of people have left RF/LJ given the information that was provided by DBG that this would be a 90 day server, not a 84 day.

Thanks.
    Kyel, Vengaz and Fascination like this.