Old log in music

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Annie, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Feradach Augur

Damn. I was really hoping today's patch would include a stealth undo of the login music change. No such luck. :(
    LeciaKai likes this.
  2. Tazzytu22 Journeyman

I actually love the new music. I yes, hated the old music It was iconic and classic total EQ but it was so loud and obnoxious trumpets I often camp to char screen when im done playing and having music turned on was annoying i would sacrafice no ingame music just to get rid of it.
    The new music is so mellow i wouldnt mind it being on repeat(through its diff tracks) While playing the game
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You kids! Get off my lawn!
  4. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Anybody know the filename for the new song? I seem to have the same old eqtheme that it's always been, even tried deleting it and repatching.
    LeciaKai likes this.
  5. Annie New Member

I see the old music is still in the file folder, anyone figure out if we can get it to play upon login?
    LeciaKai likes this.
  6. Gromryk New Member

I totally agree with returning the classic EQ theme music! It seems ironic that during the anniversary celebration of the greatest game ever made, that Daybreak would decide to do something that removes such an iconic symbol of the game. To me, it would be like removing Firiona Vie from the art work. I truly appreciate all of the work the team does to make this game a reality for us to play, and I genuinely hope it continues for years to come, but on this issue I am very disappointed and feel like we have been let down.

I've played EQ from 2001 - 2007 and then returned in Jan, 2014, now with 3 All Access accounts. This issue is such a huge negative to me that I felt compelled to create a login just so I could post on the forums. Hearing the classic EQ theme music when I reloaded the game again for the first time made me feel like a kid on Christmas morning again! I look forward to that music each and every time the game loads because it just sets the mood for the fun to come!

Since some may have a differing opinion, please make this flexible so that either the classic theme music is played, or a random MP3 can be played. As a developer myself, in theory, that seems like it should be a rather simple conditional clause in the code (although I can't imagine the complexity of the game code as a whole). That seems like the best option for all, although I know how mine will be set :D. So however you do it, please bring back the classic EQ Theme music ASAP.

Many Thanks and Safe Journeys!
    LeciaKai likes this.
  7. Vrinda Augur

This.

I missed the theme music so much I turned the in-game music volume to zero and put a link to the theme music in my task bar. I click it manually every time I log in. :)

Yes, I know it's a low-tech solution to the problem. It works for me, though.
    LeciaKai likes this.
  8. Tobin Augur

Please add an .INI setting to go back to the old - I've lived with it so long I feel cheated when I don't hear it.
    Gyurika Godofwar and LeciaKai like this.
  9. Questoften32 Augur

I have a cd of monks and music from a certain monastery, (real monks) this reminds me of that. Or the movie the prophesy. Not bad but rather unexpected here.
  10. LeciaKai New Member

The new theme music reminds me of bad elevator music. Logging in to EQ and hearing the original music was special, exciting, beautifully orchestrated and as one user stated...comforting. Please change it back. I don't even feel like playing as this new music is so depressing to me. I'll have to read that it changed back because I too have turned off my sound until it changes.
  11. Jenarie Elder

I think the new music is nice and was kinda cool once or twice but... when I hear the old music I get instantly happy. I am anticipating a good time while I'm logging in. This music just makes me wonder if something is wrong.
  12. Zhuge Liang New Member

I just came back to EQ after quite some years.

I was very sad to hear the iconic login music missing.

Whoever made that decision is out of touch. (no big surprise, as that seems par for the course, just look at the atrocity that is new Freeport)

There seem to be occasionally some decent music playing at the new screen, but the old one was so iconic, so it was a strange choice to change.
    LeciaKai likes this.
  13. Questoften32 Augur

There are different ones, one sounds like the insidious 1 movie theme music, besides the other I mentioned with the monastery music. Maybe the latest xpack has that feel, a darker feel and that's why. I was thinking eq lost its innocence upon returning.
  14. Annie New Member

I keep hoping they will give us a choice. The old music was the key to knowing you were entering into another world. I think the music in the different zones is ok but when I log in , I want to hear the iconic music.
  15. RangerDave Lorekeeper

Adding my voice to the chorus here (no pun intended). As a returning player, I was super excited to hear the old EQ theme on my first login, and was hugely disappointed to find it was replaced. And good lord the elevator music in Bazaar is terrible. I really hope the Devs see this thread and revert to the old music or at least give us the option to choose.
  16. Gromryk New Member

I would like to hear someone from Daybreak explain why they made this change, and hope they change the logic back to always play the original iconic theme music again (eqtheme.mp3), or if they did change it because they were listening to other complaints, then make it configurable so you can hear "random" or "classic theme" music per account. If it can only be one way for some crazy reason, then obviously I prefer it the way it has always been. Someone just said in general chat..."it's like when Coke changed the formula,,not as good". I totally agree. When a company changes their iconic brand trademarks, it often has a negative impact on their loyal followers. Would someone official please reply to this thread with some information please?
  17. roguerunner Augur

all of luclins music is new btw

AND i loooooove the new bazaar music
  18. Vrinda Augur

As far as I can tell, they don't listen to complaints - just like they're not listening to our complaints here about the horrid change to the log in music. Someone on the dev team who doesn't actually play EQ gets some wild notion like, "Wouldn't it be cool if we could do xyz?" and changes something the players like, then studiously avoids reading comments from customers.

If they ever wake up to the idea that EQ is a product and that giving customers an enjoyable experience is A Good Thing, they'll have ten times the customer base they currently have.
    Itchnu likes this.
  19. Dzarn Developer

The character selection music being randomized (as opposed to always playing the classic theme) will be changed to be an option in the next patch.
    Kialya, DebonAir, Feradach and 9 others like this.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

YES! Thank you so much. Now I can turn my speakers back on that new sound system I got lol. And the update patch is starting at 3AM! A really off time but I am sure someone will whine. From what I have seen you all are listening to us, the players. Thanks again!