Old log in music

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Annie, Mar 17, 2016.

1. roguerunner Augur

BASED DZARN does it again!
  2. roguerunner Augur

I like to play a game where I try to guess what zone it's from :d
    Viper1 likes this.
  3. Gromryk New Member

Thank you so much Dzarn, and the rest of the dev team, for listening! It is truly appreciated! :D
  4. Huski New Member

Agreed .... cant stand the new so called music.
  5. Semah Augur

Thanks for making it an option. I love the random music so far. In fact, I'd like a way to see what's playing so I can go back to the mp3 files and listen again. At some point I'll go find out how to see which files are open...
  6. Vrinda Augur

Woo hoo! Thanks for listening and for giving us a choice, Dzarn! I take back everyth ... wait ... no, I don't. I'm glad to have you prove me wrong in this instance, however. :)

You rock!
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So where might this option be? Just logged in and not seeing anything under options or at log in. ? Oh, wait that was not considered a patch this morning?
  8. Nocturnus Elder

Maintenance =/= Patch. Daybreak is doing some stuff with all their servers, probably the backend like login servers, ecommerce, etc.

They need to release a full blown patch for the option to get here.
  9. Goldenscale New Member

Can't wait for them to make that change for the music. The old school theme song is in the mix, and ive only heard it prolly once or twice since I've return. I kid you not, I probably sat in the character screen with that song in for a good 5-10 minutes thinking about all the memories it brought me back too. Hehe.

Good Huntings all!
  10. Viper1 Augur

I love the old login music but I appreciate the variety as it is now. My phone ringtone is the old login music so I hear it several times everyday already.
  11. demoria7 Elder

Like others I put the link on a button so I can hear it when I log in... thank you so much for making in an option in the next patch, i can hardly wait...lol was actually thinking about quitting it was bugging me so much.
    LeciaKai likes this.
  12. Jinxis New Member

So, came across this thread and found the option to set the old EQ theme as the default. I just want to thank Daybreak for keeping this game alive and making these kinds of little changes for fans of the game. It means more to us than you might realise! :)
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Williams lifted a few bits from Antonin Dvorak for Star Wars.

There are several "Snopesiish" attempts to say it was Wagner or even not at all, but the actual scores do not lie. ;-)

Originally Star wars was supposed to use known classical pieces like 2001: A Space Odyssey but licensing issues into the future made that a no go so Williams composed some sound alike stuff, like Bioshock Infinite did with "Will The Cricle Be Unbroken" on original release they didn't have license to it so made a similar sounding piece. (Bioshock later obtained the actual license to the piece, but the original game shipped with the new original)

Many elements of musical style are cannonic and get reused often. Kind of like sampling, it's not actually theft, but the use is blatant and planned.

Musical themes and passages are passed from generation to generation.

Like this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dies_irae

Cheech has a take on it too.

Nennius likes this.
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Nennius likes this.
  16. Dre. Altoholic

I was like 'wut' until I realized you were responding to a 6 year old post.
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

LOL!
  18. Kovachs Lorekeeper

While we are on the topic of the old theme music, can we get this back at launch too?

Thanks <3
    Nennius and Stymie like this.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yes please!