Old log in music

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Annie, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Annie New Member

Anyone know how to get that back? all these years I came home from work and that music was my entry in to EQ. it said "you are not at work anymore, relax have fun" but now this new music is not bright, not inspiring and not EQ.

Is there a file link or something I can do to get it back?
    Fenthen, Huski and CatsPaws like this.
  2. Lonye Augur

then

As for getting them to work in game, ??????????
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Feradach Augur

I'm with you. The random login sounds are just odd. The EQ intro music is iconic. Why change it?
    Fenthen and CatsPaws like this.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

I thought one of the coolest things about the old game was back before PoP we had dynamic music in the character creation screen - it would toggle MIDI instruments on/off in real time while the song was still playing, all according to which race you had selected. Hearing them all at once sounds really 'busy'.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

My thoughts exactly. I log into EQ and used to be there is that great "get ready, gonna fight, gonna die" music but now I log and and feel like running through a field of flowers or just poking myself in the eye with a pencil. Sorry but I am not in a store nor a doctors office, I am in an RPG and want that original music to take me away from everyday like it used to. I made the suggestion that maybe they could have an option in set up like where you choose which models to show? You could choose "original" or koom-bi-gag music.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yep Iconic like the JAWS theme, STAR WARS, JURASSIC PARK. Bring it back!
    Caell likes this.
  7. Dre. Altoholic

For those that aren't aware, it's interesting you chose those three themes. As if being amazing and iconic isn't enough, they are all actually works of the same composer.
  8. Zamiam Augur

john williams
  9. Maasq New Member

Has anyone found a way to work round these changes? What an ill-conceived idea, foisted upon us with no hint of (a) consultation or (b) a choice.

Please, change this back, or put in an option.
    Caell likes this.
  10. Vrinda Augur

Agreed. Who asked for this change? Why waste limited development resources putting in something no one wants?

I've spent a bunch of time looking for the original music file, so far without success. If anyone locates it, please post and let the rest of us know. With the terrible Russian roulette we now have at login, I won't be turning the in-game music back on.
    Fenthen, cadres and Caell like this.
  11. Vrinda Augur

Silly me, I was looking in the sounds folder. The music I was looking for is an MP3 in the EverQuest folder named eqtheme.mp3 .
  12. Silgurdar New Member

I think this is a classic case when some "boss" has a "great" idea and it gets pushed through against all the people who know how the real world works.

We will get our original music back, and hopefully the "boss" whose idea this was will learn a lesson.

Just be patient. I have faith there is still some people left at DBG who have some sense.

Logging in to EQ and hearing the original music is what EQ is.
  13. Klak Augur

I love the new music. Anything to give you people who live in the past a heart attack. :p

Just kidding, I dont play with music on so dont care either way.
  14. Drewie Augur

I agree that it would need a few changes on the character selection screen :
    - an option to only play the original EQ theme ;
    - an option to play a random theme ;
    - be able to switch music on/off as it's annoying if you want to stay connected on the character selection screen for some time while doing stuff in another window.

As for the random theme, a nice addition would be displaying a text "Now playing : <file>.mp3" or even better "Now playing : <zone name> theme - <file>.mp3". Some of the musics are very interesting but unfortunately we don't know what zone they're from. With other 250 mp3 files available, good luck on finding out by yourself !

If DBG ever intends to do something like April Fool's 2014 again, a temporary, additional, pre-selected option would be to play the April Fool's theme, and the user would then still be able to switch to another option so he wouldn't have to endure the new (possibly ugly) music for weeks !
    Iven likes this.
  15. WinnyH New Member

100% agree! I really hate the new music. The original was so inspiring! Husband and I logged in, heard the new "music" both said WTF?! and turned sounds off. We've always loved the music in EQ, but we'll not listen to the new loading track. It sounds like a bunch of kids randomly playing instruments!

/sadhalfling
  16. Lonye Augur

Now I see what you're all referring to.
    The new theme kind of coincides with the Sunsetting of EQNext, which I thought this current theme at char select sounded like. I'm thinking this is more of a tribute/salute to what EQNext could have been, rather than a brand new EQ theme randomly in 2016. Could be a temporary intro for anniversary time too. We can only speculate.
  17. TarewMarrForever Augur

I'm sure we'll be getting the "old" music back when 17th anniv ends...or at least I hope.

My guess is this music was "found" along with all of the trove of recovered Luclin music. My guess is it was probably going to be the launch theme for Luclin, so they figured toss it in and let people hear it, if for only a few weeks...
  18. Bloxstar New Member

Can we please get our old EQ song back on boot up PLZ? This new music is effing depressing................i have come home from work nearly everyday for YEARS and love listening to the music the way it was. Seriously please just change it back.
  19. Ranyard New Member

I agree, the new "random" music sucks and not in the good kinda suck way. I want my original EQ log in music back!!!!!
  20. Ranyard New Member

at the very least give us the choice to hear the old vs the random new