Non-Raiding Necromancers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marton Augur

And everything devs ever do is well researched and well tested :rolleyes:.

DB nerf was an error in judgment. People will move on when an error is corrected (and some already moved on and quit).
    Fizledots and Sinestra like this.
  2. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Yet non necros keep commenting even though they already had an issue with certain necros posting.
  3. Haizze New Member

I just came here to say that in light of the recent reckless, illogical, and unexplained nerfs, I've let two of my three accounts go back to silver... I cannot justify committing those resources to a company that I can no longer rely upon to make reasonable decisions... I'm glad I went into this expansion with a bit of apprehension and didnt buy the expansion with all three accounts.

The "reason" given makes no sense, plain and simple.
    Smallpox likes this.
  4. Bighitz Augur

5. Langya Augur

6. Bighitz Augur

I removed my comment, for some reason it itches even though it is right. please also remove your reference.
  7. Noobieguy Augur

Believe he does play one.. Everyone plays a little differently. I know for me, this adjustment definitely changes how I play. It effects group play more so than raiding due to all the support available in raids, which misses the target if they are truly trying to make mana a resource in raids.
  8. Aeasya New Member

Has someone at SOE assigned you the task of Water Carrier? I believe believe that the affected community is trying to gain an actual productive conversation with a Dev or someone that can affect change or explain in a way that is not total BS, why the change was made. What do you have against that?

Same statement and question to you, as well Slasher.

And Battleaxe, still waiting on that info. I still hold that you are sitting on the very information that will put this whole argument to rest.
  9. Brogett Augur

I didn't say necros specifically asked to nerf other classes, simply that none of them came to the defense that I could see and IIRC (I can't be bothered to scour for ages looking) some complained when we said we wanted more sustained.

Also I didn't say necros don't belong in groups. That's silly, but I don't agree they should be optimal for such cases just as rogues aren't optimal for solo. Sure if you still want to be great dps in groups then fine. I'll accept that when you accept all melees should be able to solo red cons. Fair trade? Necros need to be "sufficient" dps. IMO the wiz mercs break that a bit currently.

Anyway, you're very carefully cherry picking my comments in order to have something to rage against. Re-read what I said and you'll find it contained a comment about me not agreeing with the nerf.
    Githy likes this.
  10. Brogett Augur

I wouldn't object tbh, but our guild ones are usually off duoing all the instances between them. (I'm not making that up!)

Edit: I'll add that quite often I'm in a group where we may have a suboptimal dps player doing under 10k dps - perhaps due to being low level, low AA, poor gear, or just poor skill. ;-) Do we reject them and say they're not good enough to group with us ubers? *Of course not*. We're a guild and we look after our friends. I feel sorry for those guilds that reject a necro just because the wiz merc happens to be better. I also feel sorry for the melee dps classes in those guilds who probably spent 50% of the time since dps mercs were added not being invited for the same logic.

Yes things aren't ideal atm, and I agree the nerf wasn't justified. However it doesn't mean I agree with every bit of rhetoric in this thread and the sky *really isn't falling in*. Honestly...
  11. Kurayami Augur

As I said earlier, the sheer volume of posts on this is annoying, really sick of hearing about this. No new information is coming to light with this, just the same rehashed crap from the same posters, and the same amount of attention being paid by those who actually matter, the devs.

For brevity, would be it be possible for all posts here to just be of the form (Support the Change/Against the change), (Class), (Number of reasons you think you have why your view is correct or because your class stinks) (Number of legitimate fact based reasons why your view is correct)

So a typical berserker post might be:

Support Berserker 15 0

And a necro or sk might post:

Against Necro 50 2

I doubt anyone will do this, but this is really getting beyond ridiculous guys. Take up a Tradeskill RL to make up for all the abundant med time you have or something!
  12. Tarrin Augur

Against Druid 1 1
    Iila likes this.
  13. Miklo Elder

This is factually false.

First and foremost Piestro, you said you have a necro and from someone the stuff you talk about it would seem that you in fact have a good idea of how a necromancer works. The comments about a necromancer's damage in a group, tell me you have a fairly good grasp of this class.

You cannot deny, though youll just flat out ignore, like Eli, that this nerf in no way effects the intended target but effects the non intended target. Those are facts bud, you can bring all the wizard friends you want, you still cant prove otherwise.

There is no community in this game that has the knowledge, experience, and flat out common sense like the necromancer community does. Thats also a fact that indisputable. While a huge amount have left the game simply due to the insulting actions by the dev team, there are still plenty around that are involved and can provide you or Eli or anybody else, with factual numbers to help you.

But that isnt the issue is it?

The fact that Eli hasnt come to this thread or the necromancer community speaks volumes.

I tend to disagree with this. If they did have the tools or the time, then they'd know what this change is and what it does. Theyd know the change wasnt needed, never has been, and what this change is actually doing.

From Eli's actions alone ,over the past 5 years or so, tell me he either doesnt have the time, or is being told not to do anything that makes sense where this class is concerned. I used to think he wasnt very smart, but that was foolish of me. It's not that he's intellectually indigent, its that he's getting his info from a very foul source. Look at some of the posts on this board, from people who dont have a clue what this class is or how it works, cry wolf saying we're OP and have unlimited mana which in turn allows us burst dps. Seriosuly? You know yourself Piestro that those are false statements. Youve said it yourself in so many words.

I understand though, it isnt your job to make the developers look ridiculous. I hope the work youve done behind the scenes bears fruit come the first major patch. With or without Eli's response to this thread of his horrible actions. As long as its made right, thats all I really care about.
  14. menown Augur

Let me ask a question to the people who are pro nerf. Was the necro dps in groups before the nerf too high and you want to cut it down?

I can name several dps classes that out shined my necro in fast pulling groups before the nerf. After the nerf I still do the same dps that is out shined by several dps classes, but I have to med up a lot more now. So my sustained dps has dropped and now kicks me even further behind all these other dps classes.

I have limited time to play EQ each day. Now I have to spend even more of my limited time medding in an expansion that is supposed to be group friendly and more practical to group with all the heroic adventures.

Blighitz you PMed me that you think every class should have its own niche. But I think everyone can still group. Necros were not good dps in fast pulling groups before the nerf so why are you h**l bent on getting them even more nerfed in fast pulling groups?
  15. Fizledots New Member

this thread isn't about berserkers so take it somewhere else
    Sinestra likes this.
  16. Sinestra Augur

The funniest part about this is that people complain all the time about how necros can solo and want them nerfed so they can't solo as well, but then they use soloing as one of the biggest reason they shouldn't do that well elsewhere.
    Yyin and Loratex like this.
  17. Daegun Augur

What doesn't make any sense is that if SoEs intent was to make mana a 'resource' again in any aspect, why on earth would you just hamstring one single class that has ALWAYS been defined by exceptional sustained combined with limited burst and exceptional mana regen? Why just one class that has always had that relative advantage since day one while not touching classes that are exceptional burst and presently have mana recovery capabilities that now far exceed necromancers??

Why should the historical kings of mana regen and longevity now be close to dead last for mana recovery over time?

I'm sorry, but it just simply doesn't add up.

In attempting to fox a problem that doesn't exist, you've now significantly hurt a class that was already struggling for mediocrity in the group setting. My wiz alt with worse gear and less aa's was already more than doubling my main's burn dps on group named while also SUSTAINING much higher average dps over long periods of time in fast pulling groups. In slower pulling groups it was even less of a contest because the wiz alt had mana to burn and could light each and every mob up with extra juice.

I enjoy my wizard and I don't want to see his harvests or procs likewise impacted, but there's no way on earth the devs can make the case that wizards should have more mana recovery options than necromancers.

Since when has EQ ever worked like that?

If the change is to remain in place, I don't know if I will ever return, but I hope for the sake of my necromancer compadres that the costs of swift dots and other group spells are dramatically decreased to compensate for the change.

If our mana recovery is going to be this bad by comparison ... Sorry but our group spells have to be a lot cheaper and closer to the efficiency of our traditional dots that are used on raids.

My main has capped aa and pretty much the best group gear available - and I can't keep up.
  18. Slasher Augur

Maybe I am wrong, but I do not believe this was done to hurt the group necro. We all know why this was done and its because of raids.

A simple solution was to block DB from being used in a raid zone and make a new AA that does the same thing but has a 10m timer that requires you be in a raid zone to use.

It's not hard the code is already in the game but they chose the easier route and by doing so they royally screwed the group game for necros.

Of course I like many others read the beta post, but did any of you necros bother to PM Elidroth and suggest a different idea ? I bet you did not I bet you continued to argue against the change when his mind was already made up.
  19. Sinestra Augur

It's the same thoughts behind wizard beams getting nerfed. They target one class, then lie about how "it was necessary" but never touch the same stuff on other classes. Either it's a problem, or you just don't like it. There's no reason to lie about it.
    Leerah likes this.
  20. strongbus Augur

I did pm eli with a suggestion a little why back but never got a answer. lol i posted it in one of these threads lol
    Yyin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.