Non-Raiding Necromancers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOriginalShaard Lorekeeper

I feel like you are rather deliberately trying to misquote me. The sentence preceding that explained that due to ramp up of necromancer dot damage (even with swift dots) it is necessary to cast dots early, often as the tank engages. This means that ticks will often go off before the tank has established proper aggro and necessitating feigning. HENCE a necromancer does not experience the full benefits of the mount and rather than having high DPS, is forced to DPS early in order to have mearly *comparable* DPS to other DPS classes.

I'm afraid that your misquote REALLY does illustrate how little you understand about the class.
    Sinestra likes this.
  2. Sinestra Augur

When will we ever see any of this mythical "balance" we hear about? The game hasn't been balanced class wise in over a decade, if ever. We see a lot of this knee jerk reaction out of the dev team. They are known for it, not just here to the players, but industry wide. The classes, after this change, are still not balanced. When should we expect it?

Also, since Necromancer spell costs I assume have been factored around Death Bloom, when will Necromancers get their spell costs reduced? Or was that something else we'll blame balance for?
    Iila and Marton like this.
  3. Badname0553. Elder

Pie if you actually played the necro to any degree of its capability or played it a lot, not just a lot for you which could be an hr a week. You would know that dot aggro is borked and that necros must dot from engage to death to maintain dps. This means they must fd non stop which prevents the use of a mount. You are correct that doing less in the group is one way to offset this change, like cast one less dot or by not casting mana wrack for the group. Another way to deal with these changes that many of us have chosen is to simply quit, which also offsets 100% of this change.

I think the reason many of the more vocal or big named necros are not posting is because they are done, they are taking a break in the hopes that in 6 months the stupid goes away, they are PM'ing the devs instead of dealing the uninformed trolls on the boards or simply don't care anymore.

I don't consider myself a champion for the class by any means but I to don't like the recent and upcoming changes to the class and am sickened by the direction of the content and expansions. How people are willing to still pay full price when they get less content, less devs, less development time, less joy all in the hopes that maybe just maybe later on it will all work out boggles me.

So as I stated a few places that are not so public, the devs current design and vision, which is greatly impacted by the big wigs sucking the resources from this game, have pushed this old necro away from the game I love and have played for over a decade. Not only don't I want to buy the expansion but I refuse to even continue to pay a monthly sub.
    Hayzeus likes this.
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Pretty much what you said ^..
    There is much we can do at this point. We got rid of one problem and now have to deal with this. Raiding necros do group you know :). I've tried doing some of the new missions and tasks and its you down big time. The Devs don't want to hear what we have to say about all the changes at once. Many are quitting or gone. Maybe they will come back maybe things will be changed. It just sucks we have to go live with multiple nerfs at one time because people gave false info and people believed it.
    Marton and Hayzeus like this.
  5. Shaman_AB New Member

The question is why they nerf Death Bloom anyway. The AA wasn't upgraded anymore since they added it 5 expansions ago. Back then it restored like half a Nerco's manabard.
    And suddenly now, where like every other class that uses mana has better or equal abilities to regenerate mana, thinking of Harvests, Quiet Miracle, etc, the AA gets nerfed?
    Where is the point in that and why it comes 5 Expansions after the AA has been added to the game?
    Noobieguy likes this.
  6. Sinestra Augur

Elidroth and others on the Dev team have decided that mana regen abilities are too common and should be toned down. But only on Necromancers and Druids. Druids asked for something to help them get mana back like all the other classes and were told they would get it, then they were told it won't happen.

It's just that contrary to popular belief, the Devs don't know about the classes they work on as much as they claim to.
  7. Aegrusnecrox Journeyman

I logged into beta yesterday, for the first time. I didn't even get a beta invite until 3 days ago.

I played around with the meager AA's we recieved, tested some spells. I then went and tried to solo with the DB nerf, and without the epic equipped in order to get used to not having it.

What I saw depressed me. I logged out, and deleted my beta client. I won't be ordering CoF. If the devs are content to ruin the class, I certainly wont be paying them to do it.

Necromancer is the only class I play. I have no alts beyond level 66. I have no other accounts. I have 600 days played on my necromancer. It's literally the only class I like.

Now that the devs have decided to nerf a 5 year old AA, nerf an almost decade old item, and mess with basic DoT functionality, I don't see a reason to play this game anymore.

You have made the game not fun to play, and I won't pay for a game I don't have fun playing.

This has been a series of very poor gameplay and business decisions on the part of the dev team and SoE. If you really are to use this game as a money siphon for EQ next, wouldn't it make sense to keep people happy and keep them playing?

This expansion does the exact opposite. It's terrible. Nothing is finished, there is no content worth playing in, no new items, no new AA's, very few if any spells worth using.

I'm sorry but this is a garbage expansion, on par with Legacy of Ykesha, and for the first time in my 9 year history with this game, I won't be purchasing it.

-Egg
    Solithan likes this.
  8. Noobieguy Augur

This.
    Mana pool has increased a LOT, spell costs have gone way up, the AA was stagnated, even nerfed a couple times along the way. How can it now be too powerful? Not just by a little bit, but increasing cast time from 3 minutes to 10. That is a HUGE difference.
    I have been playing in Beta, and I really dislike this change. Those who say this will have no effect on us, are kinda crazy. IF you regularly group with a BST, or Bard, or Chanter, ok this won't effect you much. If not, it most definitely will.
  9. Aegrusnecrox Journeyman

Also, since your edit function is broken, I will make a second post:

With last years pet nerf, this DB nerf, the necro epic nerf, and the "DoT fix," the devs have nerfed almost every aspect of gameplay for necromancers. Mana regen, DoT damage, pets. These ignorant decisions, made without regard to consequences to not only raiders but the group and solo game as well, will have disastrous implications for the future of this game.

-Egg
  10. Gnomeland Augur

Your list sucks and in no way reflects every class ought to be the best at X but worse at Y. You just said warriors ought to be the best tank for everything, so what are hybrids designed to be best at? Clerics ought to be the best healer for everything, so what are druids and shamans designed to be best at?

Just in this contradiction you see why the changes had to be made. The classes that were not best for everything in their role were best for nothing, and therefore useless in a min/max setting, which is the setting in which top raiding guilds operate.
  11. Pyemia Elder

You know, I don't know about anyone else, but I resent the tone of this. It seems extremely belittling.

I didn't complain about change for change's sake. It is not just me having trouble accepting change. I suggested a specific way to change the Necromancer and make mana meaningful that made sense. When someone suggested an even better way to accomplish this, I championed that idea.

But, I will say that I'm pretty disgusted by all of this...
  12. Pyemia Elder

And you realize that this change will have no affect on raiding Necros, right?
  13. Marton Augur

^^^ This is lolworthy statement.

I would encourage everyone who is in agreement with this nerf to make a necro, put lich on, and join a fast pulling group or go kite. Use Death Bloom every 10 minutes. Yes, I actually tried it.

I raid and this will have a lesser impact on me then on solo and group people. But I remember times before DB and swifts came to existence; Underfoot gave necros these abilities for a reason. As others pointed out, Death Bloom was here for 4 years, without upgrades. There is no need for a change. None.
  14. Kylo Elder

This nerf on DB is making you focus on necro and let you forget how crappy the expansion is lol
  15. Hayzeus Augur

This is the reason I've stayed out of the arena. This particular mulberry bush has more than enough people fruitlessly circling it.

I saw a pretty cool quote the other day.
    "I can explain this to you, but I cannot comprehend it for you."

The devs appear unable or unwilling to comprehend why this nerf is going to fail at fixing whatever it is they're actually trying to fix. Before some troll states it, yes, I do comprehend what they've stated they're trying to fix. I just recognize that it's not going to work. All they are doing is breaking something that was not previously broken.

There are more than enough other games that I can play until they figure out how they're going to fix the fix that fixes this fix. I've already cancelled my preorder, and the funds were diverted to a different game. I did not cancel out of protest. I fully recognize that SoE won't even notice my absence. It's just that, for me, this was the easiest "fix."

No no, it's not a QQ post, and no you cannot have my stuff. My sub is prepaid forever, so I will be back next fall when/if they release an expansion worth buying. By that time, I anticipate (as aptly stated by Forcallen) that the Devs will have fixed what they're about to break.

Hayzeus Hordemaster

edit: i spel gud
    Pyemia likes this.
  16. Pyemia Elder

Gotta say that I'm considering canceling my pre-order as well. Why should I pay for this?
  17. Tinytinker Augur

To this, I say, go play on beta or test and try to experience the change in a random pick up group.

It's coming off like you're basing your experiences off grouping with office friends, who will group with you regardless of how much medding you're doing.
  18. strongbus Augur

keeping all class in some shape/form/fashion so that they are wanted for raids is one thing. But making classes so balance as to blur what class was made to do what is another story all together.

the changes they are doing to the dps class are to close the dps gap between all dps classes across the board in all areas. There is no reason for this type of balance.

I made a necro knowing that wizards would beat me in a short fight in dps. But that I would beat them on long fights.

But they are closing the gap and if they keep it up at some point there will be no difference between the classes when it comes to who dose what for dps besides how each class dose it and the skills of the person playing the toon. This I don't want.
    DeadLikeMe likes this.
  19. Gnomeland Augur

Beating wizards on long fights only matter when there are long fights. There was no shortage of necros complaining about this when swift DoTs were added.

The whole concept of distinguishing DPS around length of fight is a failure to begin with. It greatly complicates a dev's creative process when it comes to making raids, because now he has to think about how each mechanic in the raid affects the duration balance between DPS classes so that people aren't whining about how they were neglected.

It also leads to min/max situations where a guild is compelled to bench all its necros for burst fights, all its wizards for long fights, all its warriors for hybrid fights, all its hybrids for warrior fights, etc. The gameplay that results is the opposite of enjoyable.
    Leerah likes this.
  20. strongbus Augur

Ok i see where you are coming form. Having to big of a spread between classes when it comes to whos best when on fights leads to issues all around. For the dervs who have to come up with raids that are balanced round everything and guilds who gota say ok for this raid we need classes abc but not classes xyz. Lucky the closes I have ever come to this issue is putting a limit to how many necros on a raid cause of the slot limits on the mobs. I have never been in a guild that has said ok x class can't be on raids cause they are uesless.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.