New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Tend to agree with this. Chases are good for folks that put the time in, and if I see a non raid toon with mm ring and acof it shoes they put in time either farming them or farming plat. I think what upsets some is the quality of the drops and the fact that they're cookie cutter the same as the end zone that devs told us they wanted to remain relevant.

I like the grouper tank shield chase idea too.
  2. Shimmerleaf Augur

Last night on Bertox, about 13 hours after server came up, I saw a person WTS Magister Earring and Emerald Aegis, so they got very lucky, or the drop rate is not so very low.
  3. Vlerg Augur

now do the same for kunark and eveyr other expansion after it.
  4. Captain Internet Lorekeeper

I assume you're talking to me. Unfortunately, the page is not accurate for Kunark. However, I do notice many patterns: the best ranged is Idol of the Thorned for many classes, and the best earring for melee is the Sarnak Earring of Station and the Earring of Essence, all group gear. The best armors are, for the most part, Kunark Class Armor. The BP and legs are raid gear, the rest is attained by group.

But after Kunark, there is no denying the trend that every best item you could get in slot was gotten from raids.
  5. Siddar Augur

Well I think group gear is under powered. I would have no problem if they simply did away with group loot and gave groupers T1 RoF raid gear as T1 CotF group loot and then simply kept group gear four tiers behind raid gear, If you want ultra rare drops then make them equal to T3 RoF. Making group gear that is only one tier behind best raid gear is a mistake no matter how rare.
  6. Chandrok Augur

This is pretty much the idea behind the new drops. They are very rare and knowing they are there makes the game more exciting.
  7. Quatr Augur

Perhaps he was a reseller?
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Comparing EQ to the diablo franchise makes me a sad panda. I played d2 before eq, and d3 recently and in both cases when you play through the story a few times there's really nothing else to do other than obliterate the same few areas and hoping for a good rare (with a good roll).

I sincerely hope that's not a meaningful statement regarding EQ's direction.

Chase items are good. Chase as the only content is bad
  9. Falos Augur

Do they all share the same universal loot table or will certain archetypes of gear be found only in certain zones?
  10. Vlerg Augur

Super rare drop does not make the game more exciting, at all. at least to me... I spent waaay too much time in mistmoore castle for that ring, I spent waaay too much time in DH heroic for the hunters... I now have 0 desire to go after another chase item.
  11. Marshall Maathers Augur

Vlerg, that is 100% how I feel.

I would go as far as to say that the chase items suck the fun out of the game altogether for me.

It's more to do with my personality than anything, but it triggers my inner gambling addict and turns into a downward spiral for my interest in logging in.

I basically had to quit camping cloaks in sol b in order to keep myself interested in still playing.
  12. Axxius Augur

I don't mind chase items. It's the quality that I find inappropriate and an overkill. RoF T4 is still very relevant, not some outdated stuff. SOE has officially crossed a line that even a few years ago they said would not cross. Raid gear was not supposed to be available without raiding. Now it is. The limited time experiment in SolB/MM wasn't taken too seriously. But now it became a new design policy. I would LOVE to hear an explanation from the devs about this radical policy change.
    Silv likes this.
  13. Axxius Augur

Please explain what happened to the "raid gear should only be obtainable by raiding" policy. You were already the itemization dev during VoA when the ideas of dropping "just 1 raid currency per group mission win, please?" started surfacing. SOE's position was clear on that back then. Why did you do a U-turn now? Why are these chase items not, say, RoF T2 quality (which would already be the best available outside of raiding), but RoF T4 which is still very relevant raid gear?
  14. Gnomeland Augur

Because you rather get your loots from tackling challenging raid content with a group of fun folks, than get them from solo farming trash mobs ad nauseum?

Oh, wait, you don't? So raiding is so frustrating and boring and tedious that you RATHER kill 2,000 trash mobs instead?

Then why do we have it in the first place? Get rid of it and be done.
  15. ~Mills~ Augur

Raiding used to be fun. Then they started forcing everyone into current content with gear resets instead of different guilds farming different expansions and zones. Then they kept watering it down and down so that 20 people awake can win it wasn't fair that you might have to have 5 tanks or people who can follow emotes.. Then they handed out the keys when they removed any flagging and explained the raid in a group task so that an entire release can be downed on the first night or week because any time sink is bad and we should all get trophies. Then they simply just stop making reasonable amounts of raids and stuck you with like 4 again since embracing old stuff is bad. Then they negated the reason to raid as the raid gear from 5 months ago now drops from trash mobs chase items are great except when they negate any raid prior.
  16. Makavien Augur

My feeling on this is not bad completely the only thing that I think is bad that it is equal to rof tier 4 . Rof tier 3 I wouldn't see a problem but when you go on over to magelo and you look at the 2nd ranked warrior in hitpoints <-- me and see I am still using a rof tier 4 cloak thats a bit sad that a grouper could randomly get a cloak as good as mine.

And to add to that right this moment I basically feel dumb for raiding the last year and a half to have any chance of a random group drop better then something I raided 4 days a week for for going on now 8 ish months.

Oh and did all the group content minus some of the hunters once that got boring plus farmed/bought a complete set of oath of marrs for that small boost and 2 years of pillar missions every day for a 10% boost to defense (tears of alaris)
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Many like raiding, myself included. These assinine posts are like class nerf calls and should be treated similarly. Raiding has a place in the game just like grouping does.

The point is that it's intrinsically more difficult to assemble 54 people to kill something than it is 6. Try forming/leading a raid? Yes it's harder on some people than others, but acting like raiders are handed everything on a silver platter for zero effort with many more requirements to be successful is absurd.
  18. Grelthur Elder

Does anyone know how many different items are available? Is it all classes for each slot or only certain classes? Which slots are available (I've seen posts about Neck, Shield and Ear)? I don't think that they should be T4 RoF quality, but if there weren't that many of them it wouldn't make it as bad. If there were 1 or 2 slots per archetype, I don't thik it would be that bad, but if it were a full set of non-visibles, that would be over the top.
  19. Imrahil Augur

Bit shocked that this is even tradeable. Ah well, whatever...
  20. Gnomeland Augur

The game was NEVER risk vs. reward.

What risk do people take in a game? Do they die IRL when they fail? Do they lose organs / limbs when they get incapacitated? Do they get their house taken away when they fail to pay in-game rent?

No, they don’t. Time and effort has EVER been the trade-off in MMORPGs.
    Raiders want their hours to weigh higher than the hours of groupers. Why? Not because of time – because a grouper is fully capable of spending the same amount of time - but because of EFFORT. Raiders believe that they expand greater effort, and that’s why they deserve greater rewards.

Do they? Organizationally, YES – because it’s difficult to put together and lead a group of 54. But this only applies to the raid leaders and organizers, not the individual players. We all know that, in the bulk of raiding guilds, the average player is no different from a grouper when it comes to effort expenditure. You log on, you do what you’re told, you collect your loots. Simple.

In an ideal world, the EFFORT vs. REWARD graph ought to produce greater rewards for raid leaders and organizers, but not for the average raider. But we don’t live in an ideal world, and were it the case that only raid leaders and organizers got rewarded, there won’t be raids because they won’t be able to find the bodies to fill their rosters.

So raiders are granted higher rewards, even though the bulk of them spend no greater effort than a grouper. That is the balance, and it remains the balance – because last I checked, a few raid quality drops from the last expansion do not a raid geared toon make.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.