New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gortar Augur

It ever didn't?
    Cerris likes this.
  2. tarquinn21 Elder

HH ran for what, 6 weeks? How flooded is the market with ACOF since it wasn't that rare? I've seen One (1) auctioned in the last month on E-Marr and I'm not so sure that 1mil plat even bought it. It wasn't that common and anyone who did get one kept it. The market didn't get flooded. When people were selling them, they went to a select few people who had $3m+ ready to go. Also the ACOF is going to be desired for a loooooooong time even just for the clicky, where-as these new drops are going to get outdated faster than most like to think.

Just for fun, consider if the drop rate on these new items is .1%. You'd need to kill 1000 mobs to get to your threshold. Assuming 50 mobs per HA instance, you'd have to run 20 instances and if you're say taking 30mins per instance, you're going hard for 10 hours straight to get just 1 of these items. There have been people doing exactly that and more since the servers came live with this patch and they haven't seen squat. Realistically the drop rate is probably something like .01%. If enough people are slaughtering in COTF every day, you might maybe see 1-2 a day. This is all speculation based on just what I've seen in the last few days but still.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Again it's ok to force people to your play style but not for you to be forced to theirs? Enough with the pious judgement.

Most raiders at this point I'd figure are doing 2-4 days a week, and plenty log in on non raid days and do other content, too. I don't expect everyone to log on daily like I do, nor fault them for not doing so.
  4. Ruven_BB Augur

The chaser items make it fun that every mob you might kill might be a jackpot. I think raiders get shafted in that after they upgrade and item, the current item has zero value, where as an attunable item can be made tradable with loyalty points and resold.

And for the love of Tunare, if we are going to see these items being available, make the bazaar plat limits increased so folks can list them. If I want to spend 4 - 12 million plat, let me see it in the bazaar and purchase it.

Ruven
  5. Gortar Augur

Sheex, That was a tongue in cheek comment. Notice I didn't say that raiders couldn't have fun and enjoy themselves. I personally feel that being a 6 night a week raider has always been as the quote stated. I am by no means forcing anyone to follow me. I am just commenting on a post :)
  6. Makavien Augur

Fv was flooded with every drop from those two zones . Not so much now . But We will see I will be checking it out for the next few days considering my 2 raid geared boxes prolly could use some of them. And the time it takes to get drops all depends on how fast you can kill my 10+ hours yields a lot more compared to someone else's 10+ hours
  7. Makavien Augur

And just for comparison I just upgraded last night from a throat strangler .
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Regardless of the jest, it's shows the common attitude many groupers have towards raiders and it doesn't help to perpetuate stereotypes. If there were a thread calling all groupers useless, slacking peons and people joking about it I'd say the same thing.

Many of the extreme on your side of the fence are calling for the removal of raids altogether under the flag of "gear inequality", and then we see things like more raid "rewards" being obtainable without raiding at all, how does one expect us to react?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when was the last time we saw a discussion about removing group content completely and making everyone raid to progress? I don't recall seeing it and that's because it's equally absurd a request. Let people play the way they wish and stop trying to make others play the game the way you want to play it.
  9. Gortar Augur

Sheex, If EQ was built as a raiding game that required 54 people just to do anything, that idea might have weight. EQ was built as a group based (6 people) game. I have been told multiple times that I am wrong in suggesting anything that will take away from the group based game. To me, anything raid related takes away from the group based game.

Either way, this is not an us or them situation. This is an example of a larger issue the EQ community faces. We are EQ (all of us!). We all have our ideas and our desires, but we all want to enjoy ourselves (I would hope!).

I am sorry if my comments are off putting. I can be rather course when it comes to my opinions of EQ. I have loved the game from the first day I played it, and I still do. The EQ community is, like many these days, its own worst enemy. We destroy ourselves from within by telling each other we are wrong and destroying fun for someone else. The game has gone through so many development cycles and flows through the past 15 years that many players are quite jaded and cynical at this point. Myself included completely in this statement!

I apologize if my humor is mislaid in this form where it is easily interpreted in a different manner than I intended.

That all being said, to stay on topic, I don't feel that these drops harm anyone or take away from anyone's achievement. I feel that playing the game is the reward, however, and not the status that someone feels for something they have done. I can see how someone might feel slighted if they base their enjoyment on their achievement in that manner. I don't see how the developers can continue to work on EQ, however, with the point of view that everyone must view others experiences as canon for their own. If it took me 15 years to reach level 75 and I am happy having done that, then I have achieved something good for myself. That, however, doesn't mean that everyone else should spend 15 years to get the same enjoyment that I have. If they can do it in 2 hours instead of 15 years, then I am all for them enjoying the game in that manner! (Read: It doesn't take my gear away from me if someone else gets gear.. so I don't have a problem with it)
    Gythlen likes this.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Won't try and argue what the original designers intended, but for something like 17/20 expansions raiding has been a huge piece of the puzzle, just like grouping and questing has been. Do a few raid quality rares destroy raiding? No. Is the increasing amount of them coupled with being permanently available in the latest expansion zones and instances and missions coupled with the already small gap between group gear and raid gear coupled with a vocal minority demanding even more than they have access to currently concerning for many who value raiding as a large part of their game enjoyment? You bet it is.

I keep looking for you on drinal to discuss further and either we don't play at the same times or you don't log in much :).
  11. Vlerg Augur

there's roughly.. 5-6 hours Worth of raid content in CoTF right now. all of them except bixie 2 mimic the group missions ( or the group mission mimic the raid mission. wathever).

What more do you want? there's very, very very few raid content right now. SoE is miles away from catering to raiders like they did in PoP-GoD-underfoot or the beloved Velious.

auto AA grant, heroic caracters, CoTf heroics from lvl 85, CoTF currency can buy you an entire set of gear and a load of aug ( and all aug being group stuff... the only raid aug is from naggy ). and now raid-level loot available from groupable trash mob. I can't think of any expansion that catered to the casual / grouper more than this one.
  12. Gortar Augur

Ill hop on now sheex ;)
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Work 9-5 so not on till evenings.

And yeah, this exp caters to groupers immensely and that's totally ok. They just need to not forget the raid carrot forever. Lacking a flagged/keyed end zone for this long is detrimental to many imo.
  14. Makavien Augur

Well it is an accomplishment to get the best gear by the time that expansion ends in the raid game because you are contending with 53 other people maybe more for part timers. Even with currency on normal servers that is still quite hard to do. You can easily track this by looking at where firiona vie players top the rankings thats when we usually complete our entire set of gear. And for the final tier that is usually a couple weeks after the next expansion launches.

And that is also counting tanks because tanks here get geared first.

Also think that you really don't need the top tier of gear to beat an expansion it makes farming quicker but I have fought the 4 tiers of loot thing ever since it was released and usually do just fine taking 1 full set of gear at the end and maybe a few upgrades between. Like sword/shield /focus
  15. Falos Augur

I think this accomplishment is greatly overestimated anyone that is a 90+ percent raider can easily complete their full tier of gear before the next tier comes out at the current release pace. In SoF,SoD, underfoot, heck even HoT raiders often had a few end game pieces of gear and quite a few pieces of mid tier raid gear filling the gaps. For example it was pretty common for convorteum raiders to still be wearing some tower and fippy quality raid gear. It also would take months sometimes to see vital pieces of gear drop that would greatly boost your power (like pet focus earrings or a rogue dagger)

There honestly is not much of an accomplishment in being well geared in EQ. It's one of those things that is nice to have but not really a noteworthy accomplishment. The group game is pretty lacking in the "accomplishment' area as well though so this isnt really a grouper vs. raider thing.
  16. Makavien Augur

Funny because in UF when Triton beat convorteum us warriors still had mostly uf tier 1 suits of armor.
    We were all wearing a mixture of hot tier 1 and cultural or all cultural when we beat miragils before I moved to FV and it took a month after the expansion for me to finish that Tier 4 set plus a month after voa to complete that tier 4 set .

And 1 week before cotf tier 1 was released I finished my tier 4 rof set.
    And I am almost done just now when the tier 1 set from cotf.

And in both rof and cotf me and a cleric pool currency as we go.

So I am getting almost double what any regular server raid warrior would be getting.

How long did it take you to complete your set falos ? I know I farmed 100 million plat worth of tier 2 rof group bps in 2 months so, it couldn't of taken you more then 1 month.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It's definitely not as much of an accomplishment as it used to be.

I know I for one often skip many tiers, because 3ac, 80hp 1 heroic updates don't appeal and others usually need it more. Most of the time if it's not 2-3 tiers of upgrade it's frowned upon. In my guild we typically prioritize 1 tier upgrades last unless it's an exceptional case and I bet many do similarly.

My raid att is always high and I'm pretty much never in full max tier equipment unless I'm blowing all the currency and looting stuff too.
  18. Silv Augur

Raiders have a carrot on a stick too... there are the evolving items as well as the super rare items not able to be purchased off the vendor via currency. They just did the same thing for groupers. It's kindof hypocritical to say groupers shouldn't have a chase item either, especially if it's a super rare drop. Honestly, I'd be happy for someone to come in and app to my guild that already has some of these raid level items.

Now, I don't think the chase items should be on par with ROF T4, that seems a bit extreme given how many current raid guilds still do that content... maybe T3 stats would be more appropriate.

It'd be really nice of SOE to throw group tanks a bone and give them a chase shield that didn't have crap for AC though.
  19. Falos Augur

That's basically what i am trying to say, back in the older expansions it took a lot more time and energy to gear up in those era's and was closer to being what one might consider an "accomplishment" if they managed to complete a set back then. With the addition of currency and the fact that raids are so easy now you can start gearing up way earlier in the expansion cycle and then use currency on the 'rare' or high demand drops to fill in the gaps. Basically a lot of guilds had gear in farm mode in the latest expansion right away, where as it took months and months of time before farm mode was ever reached in the older expansions, and there was no currency to fill in your gear with the rare drops.

Both the group game and the raid game are easier than they've been in the vast majority of the games life, I'm not saying that is necessarily a bad thing, nor am i saying that's a good thing) I am just saying there really is no form of true accomplishment in the current end game of group and raid content at the moment.
  20. Captain Internet Lorekeeper

As a raider, or more accurately, someone in full raid gear, I am not bothered by this.

Firstly, they aren't copying every single piece of equipment and putting them in group loot tables (just some of them, with identical stats and different foci.) I guess its theoretically possible that has happened since the items are so rare and the patch is so new, but I really doubt that has happened. If you can get every slot raid geared from group drops, you can just buy your way to the top, and that is bad - unless you play on Firiona Vie.

Secondly, back in the early days of Everquest, sometimes the highest level group gear was on par, or almost on par, with raid loot. I don't want to post the site I got this from since that subject usually leads to posts getting removed, but here is a best in slot for a Planar Gear equipped paladin:

I count seven group geared items in that list, if you think you can group fire giants at level 50. This fact didn't bother me at all back then, and it doesn't bother me today. It blends two aspects of the game, group and raid, more together, which I think is a good thing. There are a lot of people that only log in for raids, and that's fine, but Everquest should ideally be a game you can enjoy, or at least have a goal to pursue, at any time. Not just when your lockouts expire.

If you want to find the site that gives best in slot, google "everquest planar best in slot" and navigate in that site to find the correct page. The first result gives pre-planar gear on google, for me at least.
    Rainbowdash likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.