New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battleaxe Augur

SOE is going to do whatever it's going to do.

Arguments can be made that:
    (pro) skipping trash mobs to get to a loot dropper via Invis, CoH, drag and res is pretty standard stuff.

(con) we [SOE] didn't intend for the loot dropper to be predictable and identifiable. Adjustments were needed and we [SOE] do what's necessary (not that I speak for SOE - when SOE chooses to speak, SOE speaks).

However, basic fairness suggests that rather than just destroy an item, if that's what SOE chooses to do, any augs on that item should be returned to the player.

(Having no item in a slot rather than the item in it you had prior to these drops being added to the game seems excessive as well, but there's a limit to the amount of research we can expect SOE to do. (SOE) Taking an aug off an item they are about to destroy doesn't seem to be too much to ask IMO).
  2. Sinestra Augur

As we all have witnessed though, it is also possible to kill 15k mobs and still get nothing. The RNG will probably work it out just fine.

As for good or bad ideas, I'll leave that to the Devs.
  3. Marshall Maathers Augur

None of my items were rolled back.
  4. Axxius Augur

They are coming for you next! :D

Actually, they are trying to be sensible instead of blanket roll backs. I don't know how they decide which of the items should stay and which should be deleted, but they are not deleting everything. Maybe they are letting you keep the items that were dropped 'as intended', i.e. from that 1/5000 drop rate.

OR, more likely, they are deleting the items that were dropped secifically by that first xulous elder ph. He wasn't always 'the pinata', some items dropped off other ones, and from less known pinatas in other HA's. But I'm sure that at least 90-95% of the drops were off that 1 mob. So deleting those would largerly undo the whole catastrofunk, and the remaining drops would be irrelevant in the big picture.
  5. Makavien Augur

If they are nuking all the items then a gm would be the ones doing this so it would take some time to get to each person.
  6. Warfare New Member

The best course of action would be for SoE just to fix the drop rates and not rollback or remove/delete the items.
  7. Marshall Maathers Augur

I'd hate to be someone that buys these items now then.

The ogre side of me wants to sell mine before they get around to deleting them, but I guess I'm not that mean :p
  8. Hazimil Lorekeeper

EverQuest has hundred's if not thousand's of logging features, therefore I would assume they are looking at them, and most probably working out who was "farming them by exploiting the coding issue surrounding the drops" and then removing them from those people.

If they were just going to remove all, it would be a simple job of "deleting all instances from the character database", so if some people are having them removed another not, I would assume the above!

However remember that ASSUME makes a out of U and ME! So I could be wrong...

Lets hope a sensible approach is taken.

Haz!
    aka Jonathan
  9. Tharrg Augur

I love how the Dev posts in forum that they are fixing the issue... that the items power was correct and that the drop rate was the issue..... and yet people get the idea that rollbacks are happening. From what I can see they are not going to do any sort of thing. The items are here to stay.. those who were lucky to get the drops faster than normal will make some plat... the rest of us will get the items just slower. So the 12-24 million plat I need to get the 12 items I want.... I can just wait.. and eventually the price will go down.. as long as these are permanent fixture and not temporary.... which is what I hope.
  10. Tharrg Augur

Again why is everyone thinking Rollback? They have not stated they plan on doing this... they took down mob and are fixing the spawn..... no threats of roll back..... And what happened to remove these items they are too powerfull etc etc... being replaced with oh god dont rollback please It wouldnt be fair..... ?
  11. Axxius Augur

Incorrect. The items are being deleted.
  12. Deco New Member

Axxius is correct, they are manually logging in the characters and removing them. The couple of items I got flipping DH missions this weekend during double experience were manually removed by a GM.
    guado likes this.
  13. Tharrg Augur

Untill I see a Dev... post they are rolling back.. I will consider any talk of Rollbacks as fearmongering :D
  14. Battleaxe Augur

I don't think there will be a "firestorm".

Whether I (or you or Bob over there) likes or doesn't like what SOE is doing, they aren't being radical about it - this is, afaics, a measured response.

Yes, I'd like to see the items that were in slots a week ago returned instead of empty slots. But I can (on an alt) "suck it up" so to speak. You win some and you lose some.

However, destroying augs on items does seem to me to be a bit too much when you would think that can (or could have been) easily (at least given a player's perspective) avoided and basic fairness.
  15. Cicelee Augur

There would be a firestorm if I paid someone three Kronos (as an example) for a global drop from a DH HA that got deleted from my inventory, with no reimbursement for the loss of the three Kronos.

I have no issue with the deleting of the DH HA global drop- that is not the firestorm. The issue is the loss of three Kronos for nothing in return.
  16. guado Augur

No enhanced minion ear, no visible gear (minus the weps and shields) , every raider will still be superior in terms of raw hps/mana/endr. The only thing this overflow of gear is doing is annoying everyone in general chat with their "WTS UBER AWESOMENESS" every 30 seconds.

MANY people quit the game once the cap was changed from 75-80 because of this very reason: easy raid equivalent gear.

They need to design a real group pinata now, to compensate for the exploit that several people have taken advantage of.
  17. Axxius Augur

Some people refused to believe that these items were dropping. Now they can refuse to believe that these items are being deleted. And we have a zero sum in the end.

THE WAS NO SPOON. :D
    Edrick, Ineptocracy Leader and Iila like this.
  18. Tharrg Augur

As long as I can find a way to get myself some of these items.. I dont care... I have a full suit of level 100 visible gear in bank (the purchasable crafted pieces).. having these 12 items to make up the rest will put my tank in good position once I get level 100...... As long as these items are not temporary chase items..... i hate temporary chase items....
  19. Mikestab Elder

I had them on 2 of my alts today they are gone. I didn't get rid of them. They were deleted. I'm not going to throw up a fuss about it, but they ARE globally removing them.
  20. Sinestra Augur

But were the ones you had gotten from the problem NPCs? What about HAs? Static zones?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.