New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edrick Augur

Still seems way too much for raid gear. Especially if they are going to stay tier 4.
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

I don't know about "only" - but I like this.
    -R
  3. porky Augur

Quoting Elidroth from earlier in this thread:

The loot being dropped is ROF T1 & T2. There are no T3 drops on the tables. I just looked at them.
    The percentage chance to drop is right about 0.5% chance currently. Of course, being a RNG thing, there will always be those edge cases where someone gets one instantly, and someone never sees a drop.

0.5pct is 1 in 200.
  4. Daegun Augur

As a grouper I'm of the opinion that current tier (in this case level 96-100) raid quality dropping from group content is a bad idea. T4 VoA to maybe RoF t1 as a rare chase item for one or two slots ...maybe ... But tier 2-4? No. Group gear needs to be balanced to group content. Especially if it is tradable.

This isn't us vs them ... That's just poor game design.

Basically you can get current competitive raid gear for every slot other than visible armor.

Bad bad bad.
    Enkel and Jalir like this.
  5. EQTrixy Elder

Someone with these items PM me. I would like to compensate you for your time and effort on live for a test copy. =)
    Sinestra likes this.
  6. Iila Augur

A few posts after that one.
    And
    He did initially say .5%, then said .02%. I wouldn't be surprised if drop vs kill totals for the week ended up closer to the .5% chance with the super high drop rate PHs.
  7. david negron Lorekeeper

I have a SK full Call of the Forsaken group geared, max alternated abilities (12500) and best group augmentations u can find in game , and still is a shame to see how beastlord, necromancer and magician's PET can tank better than paladin , warrior , and shadow knight with full group Call of the Forsaken gear which is a non-sense when warrior , paladin and shadow knight are supposed to be the tank of everquest. I have been trying to find a guild that raids Call of the Forsaken content , and still I have not find one because the only two guild that are raiding Call of the Forsaken content always has shadow knight 's recruiting closed , so I have been forced to make a magician ( a class I don't like much) so I can use their pet to tank nameds.And the worst thing is , my magician only has 6000 alternated abilities and her earth and air pet can tank all new named in Call of the Forsaken, something I can not do with my SK. I think that the rare raid items that now is dropping give an opportunity for warrior , paladin and Shadow knight to do a better job at tanking. Otherwise, smart people that know a LOT about everquest won't stop calling this game EVERPETQUEST. So it won't be a bad Idea that soe abolishes raid content so all in this game has the opportunity to get their hand on raid items and not only a few that are in a closed guild that are raiding Call of the forsaken content.
  8. blood & gufts Augur

Have to say that if Elidroth says the loot is RoF T1/T1 quality only then he is rather wrong.

Example:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=116346 =Legatus Gorget
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=112517 = Throat-Strangler [T4]
  9. Edrick Augur

10. Daegun Augur

I'm sorry but if you can't tank all named content in groups with a reasonably equipped sk (not even maxed) then you have no business playing a tank.

I've played sk pal and warrior all through current group content and can safely say that no competent tank should be having problems.

Are mages easy to tank with? Sure, but I fail to see how this is relevant to the discussion at hand.

If you need raid gear to tank group content - you're just bad at playing a tank.
    Jalir and Kelefane like this.
  11. Makavien Augur

You know I had a really long thought out reply to this but , I just think your really not made for an everquest tank because tanking like us top tanks is a state of mind and has almost nothing to do with gear. I have out tanked many tanks in much better gear then me many many times.

If you are just dying once then your giving up too easy. I die all the time from doing things I should not be doing. I been playing around on twitch here soon I will make some videos of tanking in group gear and raid gear and leave them there for you all. I 3 box almost everything in this game even things people consider "hard" But really they are not hard at all if I am only putting out 1/3rd the tanks potential effort. I'm not saying its easy sometimes I have to just stop focusing on the other two to survive but it is no where close to how even other raid geared tanks make the same thing out to be.

Silver accounts I am not saying they don't get an instant disadvantage but , gold accounts with max group gear can not be that much of a difference there is not much of a difference in hitpoints or ac.

And mercs if you use 1 single healer merc you got it all wrong. I use 2 on normal stuff and I switch to 3 for hard named because 1 is about 1/3rd the healing power of a real cleric. And you don't get the most important buff for named tanking Divine intervention.

Also just full group gear doesn't cut it you need the best in slot tank gear in every slot to be considered fully geared as a tank.
  12. Ssixa Augur

I have to agree. The majority of players do not visit these forums. So even if these items were intended to be tier 1/2 instead of tier 4, they would not know it and were paying for what they got. And the fact of the matter is, how many groupers actually got these items on each server? A handful maybe for each item on each server, and some of them got them legitimately. The only solution that makes any sense is for the drop rate to be corrected across the board, no more loot piñatas, and for the existing items to remain as is. Future drops could be adjusted or changed. Otherwise there will be massive fallout from the average players that spent sizeable chunks of their bankroll in plat or kronos to obtain these items. I hope the devs see this...but given how little they have posted in this thread, who knows.

As a point of reference, I play on Povar, FV, and Test. I did not get any of these items on live as my accounts do not have CotF.
  13. Edrick Augur

It is their loss, to put it bluntly. And I think upgrading group group gear to tier 1/2 instead of tier 4 is still a pretty damn nice thing for someone that doesn't raid.
  14. Falos Augur

It's also worth noting that the difference in stats between tier 2, 3 and 4 is very small, in reality the stat difference between tier 2 and tier 4 is actually maybe actually one 'real' tier. With tier 2 cotf around the corner and stats being relatively close on all these items it's really kind of silly to change them over that small a difference considering how much complaining it would lead to.

Also I'm not sure why people keep citing elidroth on the item stats issue, he did chime in on this thread but he is not the item dev, Elidroth handles the system side of things primarily and chandrok is primarily the dev that does the majority of itemization.
    Ssixa likes this.
  15. Ssixa Augur

That's a pretty sour mentality. The fact of the matter is, the patch notes didn't specify their quality and those players shouldn't have to come here and thread a 40 page thread about them in order to feel safe about purchasing the items. In fact the patch notes basically say that's one good way to get them. From the patch notes:
    - Added many new items that drop randomly in Call of the Forsaken zones. These items are very rare, but can be traded if you do not desire them for your own use.

Because they see a red name and take their words as gospel so that if they go back on them they can start a holy war.
  16. Edrick Augur

It's nice when the developers appear to be on the same page, you know what I mean? Contradicting statements from developers, even if it is a simple matter of miscommunication between the two, leaves people confused.
  17. Ssixa Augur

Yeah I agree with you there. But sometimes they aren't and the players shouldn't be punished for that. Them being on the wrong page as one another has happened plenty of times before, it will happen plenty more times in the future.
  18. Axxius Augur

Edit: nm, hopefully that theory was wrong, and things are not that bad after all :)
  19. Enkel Augur

There wasn't, to my knowledge, a pinata of sorts (that was intended), but rather an error in code that allowed mobs that were meant to drop quest items have a higher probability of dropping the rare items. If these specific mobs didn't drop the quest item related to their instance they had a higher probability to drop the new rares. Devs didn't want the market flooded with rares, but was an error in code. This was happening in more than one zone, due to how the coding was done. That is at least the information I have heard/ gathered, I could be totally off.
  20. Axxius Augur

That would not explain why the same spawns were dropping these items almost every time. Why wouldn't all xulous elders (and similar mobs in other instances) be randomly dropping them?

ETA: Nm, I see how this could actually happen. The quest item generation script would usually run out of its allotted quest items by that mob. Which also explains why it was 'the first elder' or 'the last mob on the bridge'.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.