New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptAmazing Augur

Nice stuff. Only things that makes me a sad panda is I've done the progression on four toons. I really don't feel like killing anymore just for the sake of farming.

Oh well, I guess I'll be offering to help people do them.
  2. Rainbowdash Augur

ye hehe I did say they were exact copies :p. I've only seen 4 different items linked though i'm sure there's more. The rarity of them cannot be understated though. It's RARE. Furthermore, unlike Hardcore Heritage where it was 1 item per zone, this is many items in all CoTF zones. likely on the same loot drop (IE i bet it's impossible to get two items on one kill). So your odds of getting what you want get even slimmer. although you could trade what you do get for a copy of what you want...
  3. Axxius Augur

Did they drop from trash, i.e. a global drop? Or from named?
  4. feiddan Augur

Trash.

The named may drop them, too - the droprate is so low, and there are about 150 trash to every 1 named, just because we haven't seen it yet isn't proof of anything.
  5. Rainbowdash Augur

Trash. only ran 2 HA since this patch went in. Nothing on my end. Most people that have been running them non stop since finding out (days) also still have yet to see a drop. All items linked were linked when i was not even online, screenshots taken and posted to my guild's forums. That's how i saw them. Given the nature of people on Test (Raid copies! Numberssssssssss!!!!) if they saw an item like that drop they'd likely link it in gen chat in excitement showing of their new numbers. I have yet to personally see any links.

Hence my statement on the rarity :p. There's no doubt with time the items will flood. Besides, they can be farmed in HA without competing with other players. But I don't think they'll flood even as fast as the cloak/ring in solb/mistmoore did.
  6. feiddan Augur

Is it really so different from these other, older items?

Ancient Cloak of Flames

MAGIC ITEM PRESTIGE ATTUNABLE
    Slot: BACK
    Charges: Unlimited
    AC: 163
    STR: +27+14 DEX: +30+16 STA: +26+13 CHA: +23+12 WIS: +20+11 INT: +20+11 AGI: +23+12 HP: +3162 MANA: +2992 ENDUR: +3116
    SV FIRE: +60 SV DISEASE: +60 SV COLD: +60 SV MAGIC: +60 SV POISON: +60
    Combat Effects: +6 Shielding: +3% Spell Shield: +3% Avoidance: +7 Accuracy: +9 Stun Resist: +3% Strikethrough: +3% DoT Shielding: +3% Attack: +33 HP Regen +4 Mana Regeneration: +3 Haste: +45% Damage Shield: +3 Clairvoyance: +37 Spell Damage: +26 Damage Shield Mitigation: +3 Heal Amount: +26
    Recommended level of 95. Required level of 90.
    Effect: Ancient Flames (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 0.5)
    Focus: Protan's Euphony
    WT: 0.1 Size: MEDIUM
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL
    Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)
    Slot 2, Type 3 (General: Spell Effect)
  7. Axxius Augur

ACoF was a limited time deal. You could only get it there and then. This is permanent and expansion-wide. But in a sense it does continue the trend: SOE no longer thinks that raid gear should be obtained only via raiding. Very sad. :(
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Genoane like this.
  8. feiddan Augur

Uber rare drops (having run tons of these since their implementation, this is an understatement), if they stay as rare as they presently are, give great chase items for raiders (fill-in slots) and give the most dedicated and lucky groupers with a few killer items. I suspect most people will earn 25,000 Marks of Valor before seeing one of these items drop, and finally when it does, they'll likely be rolling against 4-6 others for a chance.

It's also a great way to sell more expansions and to get people into the CoTF zones. With the advent of Plane of War, and its promised best loot in the game, it's clear the devs are giving groupers better equipment than ever. Even if the most dedicated groupers try for these items, the timesink to get a full set (if it even exists) will be astronomical; raiders get better gear with less time spent, and without the monotony of repeating CoTF over and over and over and over and over again.

Yes, groupers are being given a chance at some great items, and the trend seems to be on an upswing. With that said, the sky isn't falling just yet.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They really are trying to kill raiding
    Imrahil, Petts and TheQxx like this.
  10. Axxius Augur

It's the upswing that worries me. Casuals always want more. And more. And for free. Before long, they will want more of these items, and higher drop rates. Now SOE is catering to them more and more while seemingly testing the limits of the raiders' loyalty. I've been playing EQ almost from the start. And I couldn't imagine what could make me quit. But now I see it: the day I am able to equip my group boxes in the same gear that I earn by raiding will be my last day in this game.
    Imrahil and Elricvonclief like this.
  11. Tharrg Augur

Yep because more people getting gear to raid... is going to kill raiding....
    Andarriel and Ayoheee like this.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If you can get the same stuff with 1-6 that previously required at least 18-54, then yeah actually that is going to hurt raiding as a whole. Why have to get in line with 53 others? Why have to run old raids for flags regularly and show up for raids at specific times every week?

I was ok with the naggy/mistmoore stuff but share the fears of others. Especially now that this is permanent. Bridging the gap is one thing, removing it completely is quite another. First it's two items, and now maybe 4? Next year it'll be 8, the following 16 and after that full sets?

Reserving judgement until more is known but this is more than worrisome to many.

Not to mention with them attuneable many will look to profit from them versus giving casual players a treat.
    Tour, Petts and Winnowyl like this.
  13. Cicelee Augur

What will kill raiding is the risk vs reward factor. SOE is believing in the casual player belief that time spent should equal raid reward, and uses the philosophy of a raider getting 120 currency per week. In two week's time a raider has a range item, a cloak. In three week's time a raider has some shoes, a ring. In five week's time s/he has a new chest piece. The casual player believes that if they work hard and play hard for two weeks, three weeks, five weeks... they too should be rewarded with a nice item.

The problem with that logic is that time spent killing HA trash mobs does not equal having to work with 53 other players on DH1 with the emote, or the coordination for Bixie2. That risk is insanely greater than a dark elf in a Neriak HA.

That is the problem. Risk does not equal time spent. Two different topics, but casuals and now SOE want to treat them as same.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  14. Tharrg Augur

I say just wait to see what happens... I dont think this is going to kill the raid game... they are creating more revamped zones and creating more raid content.. and always will... what they appear to be doing is getting people close to equal footing before the launch of whatever is next... I doubt we will see this ever again... as it comes to top gear dropping for groups.. but this is the anniversary... once this is over and the next expansiosn come and go.. the gap will reform.... but by then you might have new friends and comrads that wouldnt had if they didnt get gear to propel them up to you.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The same complaints came forth at solb/mm time and they said the same thing. Now there are at least twice as many items and they are not in temporary content? Your doubt seems to not match recent history.

It doesn't affect me directly other than concern for the state of a huge portion of the game, raiding.
  16. tarquinn21 Elder

This game isn't Risk -vs- Reward anymore. It's Time Spent -vs- Reward no matter how you want to spin it, whether you raid or group. There is no risk in EQ anymore.

It's already stated that these items are profoundly rare. So someone plays alone and 3boxes HAs 10 hours a day for a month and gets a bunch of these items... what do you care exactly? If your absolute only goal of raiding is getting your spreadsheeted +7% increase in H/M/E/AC and generic extra +1 click buff etc.. so you can flaunt it off to the pleb groupers then yeah, I suppose it sucks to be you now.
  17. strongbus Augur

I would love to see a derv come in here and explain why they think its ok to have trash in cotf t1 dropping gear = to rof t4 raids when cotf t1 raid gear is just a bit better then rof t4. DO the derv not like raiders?
  18. ~Mills~ Augur

If this is really intended enjoy your game entitled generation the rest of us will have to wait for eqnext............... oh wait.
  19. Harabakc Augur

Why are people saying they're all that rare based on people farming up till now, they've been in for less than a day.
  20. Kelefane Augur

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=derv
    Gythlen and Ayoheee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.