New prog server vote

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thewiz, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Tudadar Augur

I think they should do 2 servers. Each having one of those rulesets.

I like the timed lock option ( guessing what they mentioned months back pop time locked )

I also like the seasonal server. Im guessing this is pretty much DIscord type servers which last a month or 2 and are awesome. Discord is/was like perfect server for people wnating a hardcore pvp experience.

I think most EQers that dont play prog/didnt play prog will mass vote for seasonal which could leave the tlp crowd without another prog.
  2. Mardy Augur

The poll does not suggest when it'll stop progressing, it could be GoD? That seems to be an obvious choice for many. If locked progression wins, they likely will do another poll asking what expansion people want it locked to.

I don't want a lock at PoP forever, I'm not like the die hard classic crowds. I happen to have enjoyed LDoN. But like I said, I'm forced to vote for locked progression because 4 months of classic would likely lose me 2 months in. If they tweak the slow progression so classic doesn't last that long, then I'd be more for it. But honestly they should look at each expansion and set a time frame accordingly, because some expansions are larger than others.
  3. Tudadar Augur

Also im not too thrilled with the voting if they will just pick the highest %.

You have progression people splitting votes over 3 different progression choices and non progression people all voting one choice.

The only way I can see it working is if 2 servers 2 dif rulesets to make majority happy.
  4. Ootax Augur

It will work regardless of what option is picked simply because there are enough people that want a progression server or something like it. It may not be the option you want or some others want but most probably even you will still play simply because it's been desired for such a long time, something is better than nothing.
  5. Giappo Augur

Say it is GoD. Now tell me, what do people do after they are max level, max AA's and fully raid geared? I still don't get this type server. What's the point?
    Thanarin likes this.
  6. Ootax Augur

That is a good point, I would hope that once people reach that point there would be an option to move into a level 70-75 era server, but who really knows since they didn't give any details about the choices.
  7. Stehlik Augur

Assume it's an Al'kabor 2.0

So no, no transfers to the next era up.
  8. Stewgottz Augur

While I'm not one of those people, I'm going to gather based on other's comments, some people are not interested in going beyond a certain point. They would rather play it to death, make a new char and do it again. And also, I'll bet ya there will be a guild or two on this type of server who perma farms epics and raid targets they don't need just like on a regular prog server. The era locked server does not prevent this behavior. The top guilds just might get bored faster then on an advancing prog server.
  9. Zaknaffein Augur

I will only play if CK is made guild leader and Rykon is his right hand man! <3

I voted for the Seasonal thing Option as that seems the most intriguing of the options for me.

There isn't anything you can do about the way people will act and behave on these servers. There will be Kill stealing, there will be training, leapfrogging, Hacking and slashin. It is the nature of the game these days, and even more so when you have everything in static zones. will get real and people will Rage hard. Bards will go crazy and chain highsun on mobs that people are trying to KS you on. People will love, people will hate.

This is part of the allure though in a mad and crazy way. Competition and Ego is a hell of a drug.

One thing I would want is something that I'm sure can't happen because I don't think it's possible? Change monks dmg tables back, and make pets not OP Gods on these servers. I think they fixed SK's HT finally but I would remind them to make sure it doesn't go in at full power when server starts.

I would want them to be able to monitor the people who use maliciously and do more about it. I don't care about the Joe Schmoes who are doing thier own thing and not bothering people with it, but the ones who used it to screw with people I would.
  10. Ckador Augur

THEN IT IS SETTLED.
  11. Trevalon Augur

Those options are pretty much what I expected (Other than the weird challenge server thing).

Honestly I think the only real option here is the Longer unlock option or the repeat of Fippy. Locking a server at any given expansion is just asking for a dead server. When you hit max level, get your AA's, and get the best gear you can then what are you going to do? Quit, cause there will be nothing left to do.

You need to always have a progression so there is always a carrot to keep people logging in. If this server got locked at Velious, god forbid, it would be dead in less than a year with low level cap, no AA's, and very little raid content between the the 3 open areas. PoP would be the very least it could ever be locked and more than likely it would need to be something like SoD.

I will be logging in to vote for Longer unlock progression (Second choice) on all 7 of my accounts.
  12. Zansobar Augur

People played on the Al'Kabor server for years and years and years and it was locked at PoP.
    Xanadas, Deavirtus and liveitup1216 like this.
  13. liveitup1216 Augur

EQMac was in PoP for over a decade and never completed it. (Yes there are other factors that caused this, but still.)

The classic EQ "alternative" has been in Kunark for... 3 years? Still steadily gets over 1k players every day. Players, not boxes.

There's a large market for this style of server. Play at your own pace and never worry about being left in the dust. Yes there will always be "top dogs" but they get bored and leave and replaced all the time.

I'm not saying it should be this type of server instead of a progression, there is a fair market for both. The smart money is for expansion locked though, because it won't become an inevitably empty server like Vulak and, let's be honest, Fippy. (empty in comparison to the alternate EQ server)
    Xanadas likes this.
  14. Valhert New Member

progression til and permanent lock at velious please.
    Xanadas likes this.
  15. Stehlik Augur

From what I understand, Al'Kabor was a special case that had raid targets with pre-nerf stats. So by the time it ended, no one had even cleared time.

Any server locked at PoP with live stats would have people clearing time pretty quickly after it unlocked.
  16. Zinth Augur

Howdy folks,

Our Progression Server player poll is now live in game and asks you to select from 4 options. Below is a summary of the options that the Designers put together. Mechanics within these can be refined or changed, like using player voting to progress, but in general this is how we see the options for a new Progression Server at the high level. (They are very complicated under the hood.)

1. Existing rules:
    • Server starts with only the original EverQuest zones active. Players start at level 1.
    • When players kill a set of predefined targets, a two-month countdown timer starts. There is a three-month timer before Kunark and Velious can unlock.
    • When the timer is complete, a two-week vote starts that will enable the next expansion. If the majority chooses 'yes,' the expansion unlocks at the end of the voting period. If the majority chooses 'no,' a new vote begins immediately.
    • This progression can continue until the server is no longer able to defeat raid targets or until it catches up with live servers.
    2. Slower progression
    • Server starts with only the original EverQuest zones active. Players start at level 1.
    • When players kill a set of predefined targets, a three-plus month countdown timer starts. When the timer is complete, a two-week vote starts. If the majority chooses 'yes,' the expansion unlocks at the end of the voting period. If the majority chooses 'no,' a new vote begins immediately.
    • This progression can continue until the server is no longer able to defeat raid targets or until it catches up with live servers.
    3. Locked progression
    • When players kill a set of predefined targets, a two-month countdown timer starts. There is a three-month timer before Kunark and Velious can unlock.
    • OPTION: When the timer is complete, a two-week vote starts that will enable the next expansion. If the majority chooses 'yes,' the expansion unlocks at the end of the voting period. If the majority chooses 'no,' a new vote begins immediately.
    • OPTION: Dev determines the unlocked progression based on the player completion rates.
    • At a specific point, determined by Dev, votes are no longer available and progression is complete.
    4. Seasonal Challenge Server
    • The server starts with only original EverQuest zones active, or with content enabled through a later expansion. Players start at level 1.
    • OPTION: When players kill a set of predefined targets, a vote begins within a week. Each vote lasts two weeks. If the majority chooses 'yes,' the expansion unlocks at the end of the voting period. If the majority chooses 'no,' a new vote begins immediately.
    • OPTION: Alternatively, Dev may choose to unlock content when progression targets are complete.
    • Players have a set period of time (one season) to complete as much content as they can. The player(s) who get the farthest will receive recognition and a prize (to be determined later).
    • Once the season is complete, the server is reset and the challenge begins anew!
    I know this is general, but we wanted any players who didn't understand the options to have a place to go for info. And for those who will ask, we don't have any timelines on this. Several factors are at play, like hardware, the option chosen, and other factors. That said, your participation will help us!
    Thanks, as always!

Holly "Windstalker" Longdale
    Executive Producer, EQ & EQ2
  17. crag79 Augur

Server 4 is still very unclear. Why are the two options there for unlocking expansions? Wouldn't that undermine the whole race to greatness by blocking people from advancing? Also can you let us know why there isn't an option for a sleeper/combine clone with updates?
  18. Grizzlyy Journeyman

Instead of saying "we don't have any timelines on this", giving an educated gut feeling ballpark guess would be very helpful to your customers. Such as, nothing is certain but we feel this could be rolling out by summer of 2015 barring any unforeseen problems. People have been hearing rumors for years and it really sucks not knowing if your intentions are for 2015, 2016 or beyond!! Just step out there and ballpark it for us. Let us get excited about it and start spreading the word! win win! Thanks
  19. Doddil New Member

I really like the idea for the challenge server if the next expansion just opens immediately on completion of progression targets. I can picture a guild spending like 3-4 days farming the crap out of epics, wait til 5pm the next day and do final turn in for last epic, immediately go stomp velious and start farming keys in luclin before the night is out. We would be in pop within 3 weeks.
    Daggar likes this.
  20. Crystilla Augur

Just a side point - people have been making up rumors for years. This is the first definitive yes we've had since Vulak/Fippy were released.