New prog server vote

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thewiz, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Thewiz Augur

Is the vote only up for one day? Things may be moving quickly toward the new server. /dance
  2. Hendar Augur

I have not heard of any vote announced.
  3. Thewiz Augur

4. Alandros Elder

Disappointed (though not completely surprised) there was no transfer server option. I voted for a progression server that is *locked* to a certain expansion at some point in hopes that this would evolve into a transfer progression server, they could simply launch a second one at that point and allow people to transfer to it if they want (not unlike they allow you to freely transfer to Rallos Zek and they used to allow you to transfer to FV).
  5. vardune Augur

So a poll is in? Can someone post the poll questions? Some of us dont have the game installed and downloaded yet.
  6. Merry Elder

- Not Interested at all.
    - Existing Ruleset with voting and same unlock time (copypasta fippy)
    - Slower progression, same as fippy but with longer unlock
    - Progression Server that will unlock expansions via votes BUT will be locked at a certain expansion (didn't see any mention of which one, probably up for another vote there)
    - Challenge Server, a challange will be called, players aim for it and the one who wins gets a prize and mentions and things and then it will be reset and restarted with a new challenge.

Edit: This was from my memory as i only came here to read forums after i already voted and window is gone now, should probably have screnshoted it hehe sorry~~ maybe someone else can. ;)
  7. vardune Augur

Well lets hope they mention some details. Like NO RAF, corpse recovery, much slower exp progression and NO newbie armor quests.
  8. Kolbayn Journeyman

Poll is open Feb 25th, closes March 25 .. so it says on the Polls window
  9. Merry Elder

Uhhm, no there were no details like that... i didn't write it out as nicely as they did in the poll but options like that were not present. Every one of my points "-" was a single option to vote for.
  10. Kolbayn Journeyman

0 None not interested
    0 New server , existing rules. Players vote to unlock expansions when the previous one has been complete for a set time
    0 New server, slower progression. Players vote to unlock expansions , but instead of 2-3 months it is 4 months or longer
    0 New server, locked expansions. Players vote to unlock expansions, but after a specified point no more expansions will be unlocked
    0 Seasonal challenge server. Comminity has a limited time period ( one "season" ) to complete as much content as possible. Player who gets the farthest receive recognition and a prize. When the season is over , the server resets and a new challenge is produced

Thats all it says on the pop up window , no further details than this
  11. Merry Elder

12. Labatttttttttttttttt Journeyman

I cannot wait to use the 11 Krono I have banked.
  13. Labatttttttttttttttt Journeyman

YO LETS GO BACK TO OLDSCHOOL UI TOO! TOO MANY NICE THINGS NOW!
    Silentchaos and liveitup1216 like this.
  14. Drathus Augur

1. ...
    2. Is fine - better this than nothing at all. I would actually vote for this if they would increase the rate that Bosses and Mini-bosses spawned. As is, something needs to be changed.
    3. Not so good when you just have classic - better to release Classic and Kunark together if there are going to be extended lockouts. Basing this on the mass of players on the last progression and the limited areas to exp and all the drama over contested spawns. Release Classic and Kunark together and then have the slower unlocks. At the very least, Release Kunark soon after Classic, then start the longer lockouts.
    4. Cool idea IF you have a couple of servers locked at different points that you could transfer up the line.
    5. This shows a fundamental lack of understanding of what EQ is. Yes you could have the death server and see who could get to the highest level etc., but at the end of the day, EQ is about spending time to develop a character. Who wants to sit and camp named and level up only to have the character deleted after the season?

Just my opinions.

The problem is all the progression people fighting for #2 through #4 and then #5 wins because all progression votes are spread out =P Hehe

Vote should have been:

1. Not interested
    2. Some form of progression server
    3. Classic server
    4. Seasonal server.

If 2 won, have a second vote for the type of progression.

If 3 won, have a second vote to see where it would be locked.

Again, all just my opinion =P
  15. vardune Augur

Wow. Caps. Nice. Yes and no ingame map, no agro list also use the old school ui.
  16. Ootax Augur

4 is interesting specifically if what had been mentioned where you can transfer up to another server. And/or be able to transfer up and keep your toon on the previous server, maybe even if there was a fee to do that. Would be a way for Daybreak to make some cash, players get to keep their old toon and play on the different servers when they like.
  17. vardune Augur

Damn and thats up for 30 days. So no progression server until April or May. Hopefully they do some more polls to work out the details. Like CR, exp curve, no raf, all classes at launch and will it be kunark/original at launch.
  18. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Weighing in on the voting options...
    • New Server, Existing Rules. Players vote to unlock expansions when the previous one has been complete for a set period of time.
    As nice as voting to unlock expansions sounds, there were many problems on the Fippy server with the voting system. For many expansion unlocks, whole guilds would be online at midnight PST waiting hours for the next expansion unlock, but nothing would happen. We would go to sleep after someone posted asking for help on the EQ forum, and when SoE staff came in in the morning, they would fix it within a few hours (usually). In one particular instance, the vote didn't even open (DoN), instead DoN suddenly unlocked in the middle of the day.

The way Fippy's unlock system worked was as follows - each expansion has a timer to open a vote that begins upon beating the previous expansion. 60 days after the expansion finished, a vote would open if you visited a Priest of Discord. The vote stayed open for 8-14 days (variable depending on when Monday would land). After the vote closed, the next expansion would supposedly unlock at midnight PST (unless the vote failed).

This system is flawed in a few ways. 60 days per expansion is misleading, as the expansion must be completed before this timer even starts. This resulted in players racing to finish each expansion solely to start the next unlock timer - it would have been a lot better if the timer simply unlocked the next expansion after a set time period regardless of when players completed the expansion, and without the broken voting system. People would wonder each voting round if the next expansion would actually unlock or not, if it hadn't passed, or if the voting system was malfunctioning. During GoD, an older raid event was bugged, and the server couldn't progress until the event was fixed. The voting system also allowed people to vote "no" maliciously, because they felt slighted by other guilds on the server and wanted to hold them back. As nice as a good voting system might be, progression servers attract malicious players (and hackers) in droves, and bring out some of the worst behavior I have ever seen in people. Leaving server progression in their hands is not a good idea. :p
    • New Server, Slower Progression. Players still vote to unlock expansions, but instead of 2-3 months per expansion it is 4 months or longer.
    It's been said many times before, but as much as some of us may love Classic/Kunark/Velious era EQ, there is very, very little to do. 60 days (after completion, + 2 weeks of voting) per expansion on Fippy was very slow. I don't think a server that lived in each expansion for 4+ months would do very well at all.
    • New Server, Locked Progression. Players vote to unlock expansions, but after a specified point no more expansions will be unlocked.
    I have no problem with this option, aside from thinking the voting system shouldn't be used. It would be a nice feature if this server also had the /movelog option enabled, to keep "maxed out" characters from feeling trapped.
    • Seasonal Challenge Server. The community on this server has a limited time period (one "season") to complete as much content as possible. The players who get the farthest receive recognition and a prize. When the season is over, the server resets and a new challenge is produced.
    This option is pretty interesting and is something we haven't seen before. I think it would be a good choice, as it provides periodic instances of classic-only EQ, without keeping people in that box for too long. No prize necessary, imo.

Another issue that comes to mind about progression servers is customer service. I remember a GM saying that Fippy was the most CS-intensive server they'd ever seen. Considering Daybreak's CS staff is likely short-handed, it may be wise to officially delegate a "hands off" policy to the new progression server (similar to Zek). Otherwise, I think whoever works to support EQ is going to have a very, very bad time.
    beyrak likes this.
  19. Labatttttttttttttttt Journeyman

Sirene, if you don't play on the new TLP I will kill myself irl.
  20. Notinterested Augur

New server, locked expansions. Players vote to unlock expansions, but after a specified point no more expansions will be unlocked

I want that but the big glaring question is what expansion?!

I know which i would choose but i doubt my opinion would be super popular.