New prog server vote

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thewiz, Feb 25, 2015.

1. vardune Augur

Yes 》》》》New server , existing rules. Players vote to unlock expansions when the previous one has been complete for a set time
    Hell yes》》》》》New server, slower progression. Players vote to unlock expansions , but instead of 2-3 months it is 4 months or longer
    If i have to 》》》》New server, locked expansions. Players vote to unlock expansions, but after a specified point no more expansions will be unlocked
    No way in hell 》》》》Seasonal challenge server. Comminity has a limited time period ( one "season" ) to complete as much content as possible. Player who gets the farthest receive recognition and a prize. When the season is over , the server resets and a new challenge is produced
  2. beyrak Augur

Apologies, for some reason, my quote option isn't working.

Sirene said, "The voting system also allowed people to vote "no" maliciously, because they felt slighted by other guilds on the server and wanted to hold them back. As nice as a good voting system might be, progression servers attract malicious players (and hackers) in droves, and bring out some of the worst behavior I have ever seen in people. Leaving server progression in their hands is not a good idea."

Exactly! And even on this current poll, there will be a substantial vote trying to sabotage the real consensus of what the TLP players want.

Many of us asked for a TLP that spent 3 months per xpac, then progressed without a vote. We were ignored.
  3. Rebelord Journeyman

Missing options:
    - New Server, Locked at Expansion X (up to velious? pop?), no progression.
    - New Server, Fast Progression (<= 1 month after content beaten), no vote.
  4. Actonup Elder

Normal progression like Fippy with one addition, Coldfaith needs system message on all raid mobs to unlock each expansion.
    Ducreux and Silentchaos like this.
  5. Silentchaos Augur

Would like to see an option for a no-voting server, exclusively time/progression locked.

Seasonal challenge could be cool, dunno how I'd feel about my character getting reset after every season but could definitely be cool.
  6. Giappo Augur

No voting Time Locked was what most wanted it seemed to me. A Progression Locked will send many, many of us away from EQ for good that have been waiting patiently for years to play through ALL EQ's content on a TLP.

I know of at least four of us that feel that way and those are four I actually spend holidays with in my home and have been looking forward to a new TLP. We have discussed it at length. We don't see the fun locked in at a max level, max AA's, fully geared with no new expacs coming. Why play? What does one do? Nothing, the server dies.
  7. vardune Augur

They left these both out for a reason.
  8. Vaclav Augur

I wouldn't be shocked if the "reset server" is intended to be about a month per expansion.
  9. Drathus Augur

I don't care what progression server gets the vote, but something really needs to be done with the boss and mini boss spawn cycle. Even with a one year expansion cycles on the original servers we didn't have the populations that existed on Fippy. When you take that into consideration along with the much faster release schedule, raid bosses and mini bosses (minis in hate and NPCs like Phinigel) need to have a much faster respawn.

It won't solve the problem, I know. However, IF raid rotations are enforced again, at least guilds won't have to wait weeks. Consider that for a moment. NPCs like Phinigel had a permanent crowd sitting in his lair and a waiting list was eventually enforced.

Ideas like instancing are not going to happen, but making targets spawn on a faster schedule is not difficult to implement.

Every person thinks they are going to be part of the dominant guild that kills all the raid targets on spawn, but the reality is much different.

Do we really want to poop-sock a spawn for 8 hours only to see the raid target instantly die . . . all over again?

What if the respawn was four hours? Still competition . . . hell yes! Ability to actually gear up guild members before the next expansion release? Yes! More of what people actually want? Yes! Will guild be more inclined to rotate raid targets when there are four or five major guilds competing? Yes. IF GMs enforce a rotation, with four or five guilds, would you rather wait over two weeks to kill a raid target, or one day?

Think about it.
  10. vardune Augur

Just flag all the major raid targets. U get to kill them once a week, flags rest u can attack it.
  11. Drathus Augur

If you are referring to the seasonal reset server, these are simply special rule sets for short periods of time. At the end, all characters are deleted and the server is reset to a different rule set.

For example, the death server was a special rule set where your character resets to level 1 if you die. The challenge was to get to the highest level you could before a specific time period. I believe it may have been PVP too - not sure.
  12. Drathus Augur

Well, first off, this is again a coding issue. The more complex a solution is to implement, the less likely it is to happen. It will probably result in nothing changing at all - just like Fippy and Vulak after the Combine etc.

I do like the idea though.

If they beef up the raid targets this might work, but as it stands now, they would just divide the guild up into multiple raids (just enough to kill the target). This would also encourage people to create boxes, so their guild would have more shots at the boss.

Again, I do like the idea. Guilds would leave each other alone also, as they wouldn't want to get on the aggro list of the boss and gain a flag for the target that was not their own kill.

My suggestion, of making the bosses and mini-bosses spawn more frequently, was suggested because the change is easy to implement. It is, therefore, more likely to be implemented.
  13. Hendar Augur

Well I'm disappointed in Daybreak. The intelligent thing to do would be to ask the community for the options and then put the vote up.

There is about a 25% chance of me participating, given that these options do not address the problems we had last time. Have they not learned anything?
  14. Stewgottz Augur

If the spawns are more frequent, which is a fine idea, then the unlocks should be fast on this server as guilds will be finished gearing quicker.

I really really hope they do two servers with varying rule sets.
  15. Silentchaos Augur

What I meant by time/progression locked is once the expansion's raid targets are defeated (progression) the next expansion opens after x number of months (time). Sorry for confusing terminology.
  16. Drathus Augur

Many of the suggestions people were making would require coding time to implement. I think we have learned from experience that this isn't going to happen.

For example, my idea to simply make the raid targets spawn more frequently, keeps getting shot down because people want instancing, or other changes like raid coins or flags implemented. I really think we need to focus on something simple and realistic, or we will just end up with exactly what we had before.
  17. Mardy Augur

Poll choices are not surprising, they're mostly choices to tweak the time frame of expansion unlocks and such. They're minimal code time choices, which makes it more possible with this post-buyout post-layoff company.

My guess is raiders will spam vote the seasonal challenge server, and I can see why a server like this would be fun for them.

For me personally and rest of the play-as-you-go type of players, the choice would be between Slow Progression & Locked Progression most likely. The only problem is I really don't want to play classic for 4 months. There are also other expansions that really delivered little content to hold players for 4 months. So I find myself forced to have to vote for the 4th choice, locked progression.

I really wish they would've come out with a choice without player votes, but a server hard lock progression with set number of months per each expansion. Some expansions should have longer locks, some shorter. They really should either have classic last only 2 months or launch the server with classic + kunark and let it last 5-6 months. It just bugs me how much the developers of EQ (and some of them have been working on this game since forever), still don't understand the players.

Oh well until then, locked progression it is for me. Because I sure as heck won't want to get stuck in classic for 4 months. That in itself will lose more players than this last round of TLP servers.
  18. vardune Augur

They need to bring up two servers with two of the most popular options.
  19. Drillisen- Journeyman

This.

There are plenty of problems that need to be addressed before they go ahead and release a server.
  20. Giappo Augur

I don't get it though. Doesn't this option stop progressing at some point? Like say stuck at PoP forever? Or am I missing something? You don't want stuck in classic for four months, and neither do I, but you are willing to be stuck in PoP forever?

And I agree with the later comments that this server should be hands off. Let it be the wild west, blocking and all.