New players - pick a knight if you aren't a boxer

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Time Burner 2, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistatk Augur

Assuming this isn't meant as sarcasm, I'd say it sums up how most knights think pretty well.
  2. shiftie Augur

At what point are warriors going to admit they have spell books also?
    Xanathol likes this.
  3. Xanathol Augur

Life must be hard for you.
  4. Mistatk Augur

Well, that is a new one. How about when the raid leader says, bunch up for palidins to hit everyone with splash. Or, were short on healers, so palidins help out with ressing. Or, how come brells hasn't been cast yet? Yeah, warriors actually have a spell book, another argument i never saw coming.
  5. Time Burner 2 Augur

What's your point?
  6. Time Burner 2 Augur

Knights now CAN be the default tanks for raid bosses, why roll a warrior? (the point of the original post)
  7. sojero One hit wonder

maybe because its a different type of class, with different abilities and different play style. Why role a necro when you can role a wiz, why do a monk when you can do a bst.
    Xanathol likes this.
  8. sojero One hit wonder

The point is now that wars have discs and aa to click, they have tons of keys to click for different situations now too, its not 1999 when as a war you hit auto attack and told everyone else to stay under your agro. Just because it isn't from blue mana doesn't mean it doesn't work the same.
    Xanathol likes this.
  9. Time Burner 2 Augur

I, the OP was not requesting any more warrior goodies - I said they were powerful enough. My point was basically two fold:

Knights post patch CAN tank a raid boss very nicely
    Knights own the rest of the game

If these are both true, why roll a warrior?

Red Herring side note - the 4 raid teams I know already carry more knights than warriors.
  10. Time Burner 2 Augur

Ok, agreed!
  11. shiftie Augur

The tripped out thing is people keep talking about Rez when in a group they can pop a merc for Rez. Oh mercs don't work on raids. That's a cool story bro... I like getting rezzes from wizards, mages, Warriors, rogues, berserkers, shadow knights, enchanters, bards (while casting in the run), beast lords, Rangers, monks, from loyalty tokens.

Please. Do tell me how this ability is unique
    Xanathol likes this.
  12. Time Burner 2 Augur

Why forgo the utility of a knight to play a "different class" (warrior).

Again, do you want to drive a truck with or without a radio and air conditioning?
  13. Mistatk Augur

Your right. Palidin spells don't help them at all. Or vs. undead AA's. as a matter of fact, lets just remove all palidins spells and abilities, and they will just be warriors.
  14. shiftie Augur

Nah let's remove war spells and let them go back to auto attack aggro and dps since you know wars don't have a spell book. I've had spells since level 9. That's why I chose a paladin instead of a warrior before raiding existed. And back then the only difference in tanking with me and said warrior was 5% mitigation and my xp penalty and gear options. The game has changed. Funny that only one class refused to do so.
  15. Time Burner 2 Augur

Refused? I didn't know players had choices on abilities.
  16. Kamea Augur

Saying paladins having rez doesn't count because other classes can buy rez click with tokens....

This post is even worse than your old posts about how warriors were more DPS than zerkers.

Thing is, some raiding paladins are divas. The ones that aren't and actually rez + cure + group heal + heal other tanks regularly are vastly more utility to raids -when not actively tanking- than either wars or SK's. But these types can be hard to find, so that's how people can say idiotic things like paladin rez doesn't count since people can buy a rez click with tokens.
  17. shiftie Augur

You can't honestly believe paladin ability to Rez on a raid is unique. It hasn't mattered in a very long time. The last time I zerg rezzes was beast below in underfoot.

Divas lol. I could dance circles around the Paladins in most guilds including yours. And will openly admit paladin healing is awesome. But you will never come close to convincing me that paladin ability to Rez on a raid in the face of call which melee typee including wars get endurance with, divine Rez and cleric Rez in general is a real thing when a wizard in a dps group can provide a 96% Rez in combat when Paladins can't.

Your on some completely other level of bs.
  18. Seldom Augur

/Deep Yawn. More warrior fairy tales, backed by no numbers, or verifiable things. Please Time Burner, the OP of this thread, I kindly ask you, to reveal, the name of these 4 raiding guilds you know, which have more Knights than Warriors. Of the 13 guilds that have completed the current expansion, there are 103 active raiding Warriors. 48 active raiding Paladins. 43 active raiding Shadowknights. Paladins and Shadowknights combined, are still out numbered by Warriors among those guilds. I know the Warriors on these forums don't care about numbers such as those, or class balance, so carry on with the fairy tales of all our supposed powerful "spells". I'll be busy checking the loyalty vendor for powerful Warrior abilities that has made them so sought after. Let me see if I can find one for AE aggro every now and then and gigantic HP boosts etc. Would be nice to be able to use like those nifty rezz token are for Warriors
  19. Time Burner 2 Augur

Are you joking? Let me ask you what I mean...

First - The deal w 4 guilds, there are a lot more guilds that raid than those that have beat the entire expansion, meaning - there are a lot more raid tanking roles than just these you mention. My server is Cazic, and I'm not name dropping - if you don't want to believe me it really doesn't matter in regards to the points in my OP at all. Knights can tank raid bosses well enough now to make the warrior not needed in this role at all. That's the point.

Second - Yeah you just run on over to that warrior uber abilities vendor. We all know Call of challenge is better than a Snare right? Howl of warlord is better than Feign death - what a laugh!

I mean it's so cool to always restock and carry invis potions around, and HOPE you can find a slow cast IVU potion in the bazaar when you need one. Yeah, way better than a knight spell.

I could go on and on. Don't make me type on regarding war utility compared to knights, it gets old.

Third - I know I'd rather spend 432 vendor loyalty points on a single rezz token. That beats the tar out of paladin rezzes any day man.

Surely you jest.
  20. shiftie Augur

So you're saying you have 0 Rez tokens in your inventory?

Btw it's 5 in a stack
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.