Necromancers no longer pullers?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by AppMan, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Devildawg Elder

lulz. Just because you *can* pull does not make you a primary pull class. You can still pull, you just have to actually work for it.
    Coronay likes this.
  2. Reht The Dude abides...

Things change, it's a fact of life. You are acting like your class is broken when, in fact, it is barely diminished due to the incredibly wide variety of tools that your class still has compared to most other classes. Stop trying to make your changes seem like a third world problem when in fact it's a first world inconvenience.
    mystic37 and sojero like this.
  3. AppMan New Member

I see why people say don't post or play this game no more. Seems like lots of devs have other accounts they post on to defend themselves or well is so poisoned people just happy to pull others down with them rather than stand when something wrong is done.

Guess I get answer. Thanks for time.
  4. segap Augur

That was likely because necros were oddballs that mostly soloed and off everyone's radar. Good necros were always great pullers and still are. Fade should never have become a crutch for lazy pulling or travel.
    mystic37 likes this.
  5. Vrinda Augur

Then that was my error, and I apologize. It makes even less sense now that your fade chance was increased, yet you also get a level limitation of 110. Or did I misunderstand the new level cap for rangers, too?
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You just have to find the people who will jump on your bandwagon. Nice conspiracy theory angle.
  7. mackal Augur

Just because they don't get the +5 level cap on fade doesn't mean they're not a pulling class. It just means DE isn't suppose to be their primary pulling tool (FD + snare is)

ENC didn't get put on the +5 path and they are most certainly considered a pulling class, it's just their other tools are their primary pulling tools (which should be more useful now, but I guess there is more to be done on that front with tweaking mobs)
    mystic37 likes this.
  8. Devildawg Elder

Seriously. I'm waiting for a troll to make a thread saying they deleted their cleric because their fade no longer has an invis compone...... oh, wait, that already happened. This thread is up there in absurdity with that one. "Crap, my shaman can no longer pull for raids!"
    mystic37 likes this.
  9. Maurasi Journeyman

And what the 'adapt' people are trying to get you to see is that the company has been doing this for a decade and a half and nobody's missing any meals so there's no real impetus for them to cave in to discontent.

Voice your opposition, sure. But there should be no expectation on your part for a rollback unless an Exodus Level Event occurs as a result of the change. Personally, I think there are a lot of angles that seemed to have been ignored (many of which were brought up on Test) with this change. There seems to be a lot of collateral damage. That may be the issue you're concerned with.

The timing seems odd to me though. On the eve of trying to sell a new expansion, making sweeping changes like this is somewhat unusual. Maybe the content in the new expansion required something like this?
    mystic37 likes this.
  10. Leex Pewpewer

You're funny. If the devs had anything to say to you they'd come to this thread and do it, trust me! You'll know it's them cause their names are in red and read developer just fyi ;)...

We are all community members who just think you are over reacting a bit and trying to be rational with you, although that doesn't mean to be working, I'd implore you to stop having a fit..

A Necro is so much more then just 1 ability, Necro's are in such a sweet spot right now..If you feel that you just aren't cutting it you should contact RAEGUN on the luclin server, best Necro in game possibly. I'm sure he'll be more then happy to school you in how to get things done Necro style.
  11. Kolani Augur

It is 110, however rangers are an intended pulling class. Lulls, a version of Beguiler's Directed Banishment, AE roots and snares are in our arsenal, a little more than what necros actually have in their lineups. I have no idea why enchanters aren't +5 though, unless they're docking them for having a mez.
  12. Jyve Augur

Perhaps the term 'puller' wasn't fair, but 'aggro management using instant aggro drop ability' that's defining things here (but more of a mouthful), and why some classes are/aren't on that list for those abilities.
  13. ~Mills~ Augur

The classes that could pull had lull from game launch, necro check. Could mez from game launch, necro check. Could snare and root from game launch, necro check. And 3 classes had fd to make it more effective and faster, necro check. You also forget that pet pulling, necro check, and disease cloud pulling, necro check, could single any mob anywhere you wanted for about 5-6 years into this game. Well before other classes had these capabilites as there was no fade, was no flings and was no orignal harmonious arrow. Necros hands down where the best puller in game for that time period even if it wasn't common knowledge or common place in groups. The first rule of necro club is ........ It wasn't until later on that other classes had lulls and faded added into the game, monks, or fade added, bard, monk and rogue. So the OP makes a very valid point about necros being a pulling class and yet not being treated like all the other pulling classes. Even if they now are no longer on the same level as monks and bards and with a few very recent additions some other classes. They are still a pulling class just behind those classes that made advancements.

The rest of you are just whining at his whining and throwing slop at the walls to sound informed. Necros being in a good place overall or necros still having other tools to fall back on have nothing to do with how one pulling classes ability was treated differently then the rest in regards to fade changes. The OP even made a great point about it being a slippery slope in that now all general pulling upgrades or additions can be conveniently left off for necros, as the precedent is set.
    Garshok likes this.
  14. Devildawg Elder

Before I get jumped on, I'm sure there are some super efficient necros who can pull very well, but I'm also sure there are some very efficient monks that can offtank namers+ for 30ish seconds with earthforce/etc. Doesn't mean I'd consider them a tank, or even a light tank which they seem to get inappropriately labeled as which results in them being much much lower on the dps totem pole.

Having undead lulls doesn't make you a class that I'd label as a puller in their general description. Their undead lulls are also unaffected (if not made stronger? are there current 90+ undead lulls for necro?) by the patch. Same for their mez. Same for their snare. Heck, I wouldn't classify an enchanter as a puller if they weren't so efficient at it in recent years (and seem to be much better at it now, after this patch...)
  15. DetheV`Alkyrja New Member

Deaths Effigy sucks monkey ballz. No reason to have it anymore. They made an attempt to fix something but they made an AA useless, so give me my AA's back, and get rid of it, whats the point at 35 feet? LOL, death peace is instant, use it. FD, wait for mobs to walk back grab one with pet wham bam thank ya mam, bust a nut, splirt... or is it splart? LOL
  16. ~Mills~ Augur

It wasn't just pulling undead mobs.

Snare, root, fear, mezz and fd all by level 22 that work on any mob unless immune to those specifically. Even if immune to all that we still had pet pulling or disease cloud pulling to single any mob you wanted, disease cloud worked until at least 2008 when a nerf to harmonious arrow ruined all low aggro tools. Pet feign at 61 to split problem mobs or packs with feign or other tools. Another version of screaming terror at 73 and continued on most current version being level 103 mez to any target that can be mezzed level 103 and under. On and On until fade at 85. Never mind all the incidental stuff like fear and snare traps for splitting that we got yearly until very recently.

We aren't monks or bards at pulling but we are as effective as rogues, rangers and shadow knights. They kept their fade and are capped at 110. Necros should have the same.
  17. Taiqwon Augur

You really shouldn't take that angle. This fade ability you got WAY after monks did and yet somehow you can use it 25% more often then we can.
  18. Qbert Gallifreyan

Eh, lots of arguments could be made for lots of classes. The developers did what they wanted to do and we just have to suck it up and take it, or leave.

As a paladin, we had pacify spells (as a cleric hand-me-down) for a long time. We argued over and over and over when they were discontinued, then they were finally reintroduced. Then, right after that, they gave us fade and vacuum abilities which at least partially negated the need for pacification. With those abilities being tinkered with, pacification will be used more often (at least by me).

We have roots which are extremely difficult to break, we have stuns, leap, etc. I have always been the puller of my group other than rare times over the years when I grouped with a bard or monk (very rare). The changes won't make things impossible, but I too would like to know why the level caps are seemingly arbitrarily set differently for different classes.

"Play your way" . . . nope, they have consistently shown it is more "You're in our world, now." I'm ok with that, especially if it prevents the debacle that was TDS (referring here to the extreme changes to playing in old content they tried to enforce in order for us to use the new content).
  19. Forsaken_Ruler Journeyman

They keep needing our sustained survivability. How can we keep up with knights in the group game if all of our skills wear off so early with long cooldowns. We need consistent mitigation abilities to be a valuable tank. Mitigation and hp are or were a warrior staple.
  20. Filter Augur

I believe that the OP was trying to say, correct me if I'm wrong, is that the change in the DE FD is that it slowed their game play down. I'm sure they can use the old way but in today's world where everyone wants immediate response and they don't want to wait. THis has been adjusted which sucks. I don't know whats been done or changed so I'm won't pretend to know but I can guess by some of the responses. Personally I don't like anything that's going to slow down my game play because I only have 30 mins to an hour per session.

In today's game, everyone can pull. No one likes to have their abilities changed and something necro's have had for quite sometime.