Necromancers no longer pullers?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by AppMan, Sep 24, 2015.

1. AppMan New Member

First time posting on these boards but had to speak on this.

Why would you guys not consider necromancers puller anymore? I just can't understand why you would nerf our fade but leave shadow knights alone. Every pull spell they have came from us and they got it much later in game. Yet now someone decides to just erase that. Or how about rogues fade left alone. Why are those classes seen as pullers and not necromancer any more?

Normally understand or can see why something changes if broken or not working like it should have been. But to suddenly just redefine a role a class has done since the beginning of the game is just a horrible decision. Hopefully its fixed.

We can adapt with our other tools but angers me that we reduced while others who do the same thing not as well get to keep it. Disappointed necromancer.
  2. Fallanthas Lorekeeper

All fades were changed, not just necros.
  3. segap Augur

Perhaps the fade levels were set not for pulling roles, but for other situations where they actually intend fade to be used.

Also, from a lore perspective, it makes sense for a rogue to slip in to the shadows and disappear. Just like it makes sense for a necro to play dead.
  4. Lianeb Augur

FD and Fade

Two different things. I am sure you can still pull, just gonna have to lay there a while to split them.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

SK was given DE in Underfoot, and necro's weren't given it till House of Thule. SK got fade first.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Duhbeast Augur

You seriously can't use fd and your pet to split like the rest of us plebs? Please jump on the cry train more ya groblegobbler.
  7. Kobrah Augur

I just use cheat codes and use bard to pull. /nod
  8. mackal Augur

People pulled as necros without fade for years.
  9. AppMan New Member

All fade was changed but pulling classes were treated differently this is the issue. Necromancers have always been a pull class yet did not get pull class fade changes.
  10. AppMan New Member

Fade is not only pull ability. Warriors and paladin also get fade in underfoot does that make them pullers as well? No its all the other stuff the classes have. Every pull spell shadow knights have came from necromancers and later. My issue is not that shadow knights are viewed as puller they are my issue is they are viewed as puller and necromancer not. Necromancer fade should be the same as shadow knight is my point not to take away from shadow knight.
    Garshok likes this.
  11. Reht The Dude abides...

Just because you consider them a primary pulling class doesn't mean DBG does. Necros are still a class that can pull and can still pull well.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and mystic37 like this.
  12. sojero One hit wonder

I can see that, the problem is, necro can still pull the same as they did before, they just cannot fade off as well as others. Guess what, there are actually benefits to that :), believe me not much has changed in this patch where necro are concerned.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and mystic37 like this.
  13. Numiko Augur

I can honestly say I have never clicked the fade aa on my necro, and I do use my necro to pull on occasion when mobs are pacify resistant. .. Dark and FD works great for me to split mobs.
    mystic37 likes this.
  14. Vrinda Augur

You appear to be missing the OP's point. When they announced the changes, DBG said fade chances that were set to less than 100% success in the code (85% in the case of rangers) had previously been ignored, and the coded fade chance was going to be observed. The necro AA was set to 100% intentionally (why do you think we bought it?) and instant cast. Now we've been nerfed to 90%, and it only affects lower level mobs than the supposed "pulling classes." Meanwhile, rangers (where the fade chance was set in code to 85% that had been ignored) have been elevated to a 100% fade chance and the higher fade cap. This is not what the devs said they were going to do.

I created my first necro in 1999, and in 2000 I created the one I've played as my main for fifteen years. I've subscribed continuously on two accounts since March 2000. Telling me I should just "adapt" instead of expecting them to honor their own propaganda is bs. After the number of times we've been hammered with unwarranted nerfs over the years, we're good at adapting. That doesn't mean we ought to have to do it again. It's an unwarranted nerf, and the OP is not the only person who believes this should be corrected. This issue has been raised multiple times since the massive nerf announcement, and we deserve an answer. Unless, of course, you believe it's good business policy to blow off your loyal paying customers. In the end, those loyal paying customers will turn into ex-customers who will never again buy any product from your business.

And no, I don't personally care that you have an alt necro in your umpteen toon boxed group and feel like you're unaffected because you have so many other options.
    Garshok and DetheV`Alkyrja like this.
  15. AppMan New Member

What do people gain from suck up to dev?

All other pullers stayed the same thats all i concerned about. Bard fade was 100 is still 100 now capped 110. Shadow knight fade was 100 is still 100 now capped to 110. Ranger fade was 85 went up to 90 now capped 110. Rogue fade was 100 is still 100 now capped to 110. Enchanter fade was 100 is still 100 and has no cap since works different. You all agree necro is a puller yet say well suck it up that you were 100 but down to 90 now capped at 108. Which is what other classes that are not pullers had done. So back to original question why are necromancers no longer pullers? If they are then they should also have their 100 back and be capped to 110 to use with their other tools like the other pull classes. Don't go in circles saying your a pull class i agree but then say its ok for you to be treated different then other pull classes by being reduced like other classes that are not viewed to pull.
  16. Leex Pewpewer

I think that FD is a great skill and the fact you dismiss it shows your skill.

Necro's were able to pull long before their "fades" came into existence, what does that tell you? FD is FTW...Learn to use it correctly! :)
    mystic37 and segap like this.
  17. AppMan New Member

i adapt yes but still doesn't make this right. next time a new pull ability is added new dev or someone will say well necromancers no pull so they don't get it based on this mistake about treating them like no pull class. maybe happen time after that as well until necro so slow or ineffective that might as well just have warrior be puller. monk and shadow knight have fd as well yet they keep fade just as it was and not reduced to 90 and capped at 108. why? because they are puller class just like necro.
  18. Kolani Augur

Making things up to support a point that others might actually agree with isn't the way to get people to support a crusade to benefit a single class that a lot of people may see as overpowered.

- - Ranger - Removed mana cost for the AA ability Cover Tracks and increased its success rate from 50-70-85% to 60-75-90%.
    Tarvas likes this.
  19. Cicelee Augur

FD is one of the more powerful skills to have in this game. Even though my main is a magician, I play a monk as a secondary character... and I cannot count how many times I have utilized FD on my monk from a pulling perspective or to save myself from death.

Having said this, the necromancer class was never really looked upon as a "pulling" class back in the older days of EQ. While the necromancer class could pull, it was never one of the first three classes that came out of people's mouth when the question "Which class pulls best" would be asked.
  20. Numiko Augur

I've had my necro since 1999 too, nice assumption though. and while I agree that the changes should be reviewed if what you say is true, the changes certainly did not stop necro's from pulling in a solo or group situation as the OP suggests.