necro dots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shaman-on-Drinial, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Yeah we have [> Called Shots Effect <] not landing quite often in our guild with 5 necros i think its more important then a single necro dot but who am i to say.
  2. Mellifleur Augur

Depends on the DoT
  3. shiftie Augur

no it really doesn't. Unless you have 1 ranger on the raid blocking called shots is more of a dps loss, than a singular necro dot. Most raid forces have 3-5 rangers and sometimes more.

Announced shots increases archery damage taken by the mob by 40%. Do necros have 1 spell that lands on the mob that raises their dps by this much? Let alone having it as a debuff that has an impact on multiple necros at once?

But hey I've heard of necros arguing for room for their sympathetic aug dot proc. So no surprises in this thread.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I am pretty sure announced shots is a bit more important than any one necro dot under normal circumstances. Under burn condition even more so.
  5. Tobynn Augur

Suggestions to intentionally keep a few debuff slots open (for just-in-casies) on a mob under full burn conditions are amusing. I am quite certain that those suggesting this approach are not actually employing it.
    Vuncar likes this.
  6. shiftie Augur

I make sure to magic resist debuff every burn mob for all the magic damage casters in the raid. It is an amazing spell and really helps my nukes and cleric nukes land.
  7. shiftie Augur

the aggro over time linked to it makes it even more useful, but I really enjoy taking aggro from warriors on a burn because than my name shows up on HoTT and everyone is like OMG look how awesome he is he tanks everything, why can't anyone else aggro as good as him. But then I fade it back to the warriors so that the healers have to change targets and I enjoy getting a few of them killed when that happens.

For the 56 MR debuff it is totally worth it.
  8. shiftie Augur

Maybe, their class has fallen behind a bit in tanking. It probably would be for the best if they used their fade more often in raids.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I don't advocate keeping buff slots open just in case. There are, however, more important things that need to get on the mob besides 14-18 dots from a necromancer.
  10. Xnao Augur

Like the dot proc augs 9/10 rangers have on their bows!
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I hope that you have called those rangers out that raid with dot procs on their bows because that just silly.

/duck
  12. Mellifleur Augur

Any necro who puts a Damage aug in their epic needs a mental evaluation.
    The DPS Increase from a proc aug is a joke compared to a slot saved on the mob. Sympathetic Calming maybe thats what you was referring to ?
    If so, then thats fine.

And yeah, dont get me started on the Rangers with Bow Augs...
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I am still waiting for my Fragment of Foul Earth to proc :(