necro dots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shaman-on-Drinial, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Xnao Augur

I
    Bad $.02. We do not want the class dumbed down to 3-4 spells. Not trying to chastise.

You all (Everyone) really need to stop listening to this 18+ dot business. If your guild's necros are doing less scaled dps with 16+ dots than this than they should use less dots and plan their burn better.
    Yes I will probably get raged at for posting parses on open forums but I am tired of hearing about this 18 dot stuff.
    Ishtass likes this.
  2. Xnao Augur

P.S. Anyone else have issues with custom named pets not picking up on your parser if you are out of melee range?
  3. Ishtass Augur

They sometimes are not associated with you (if using gamparse), but they should be in the dmg list... You can associate them by right clicking though. Haven't used xalp though, so not sure if behavior is the same.

Of course your filters must allow for them to display dmg too. Only other thing I can think of, besides being in range.
  4. Xnao Augur

I pick up their procs from mage weapons on parser. Just not the melee damage.
  5. fransisco Augur

Tell the necros they cannot cast more than X dots. If they go over, they get in trouble.

You do not want a necro blocking a debuff or some other very important effect (called shot) that does WAY more damage than their 16th most effective dot.

Just make sure that the number you set allows for extra room. 1 extra dot can give 1 player a slightly parse, but doesn't virtually nothing for the raid. However, a necro blocking a big important buff can cost the raid tens of thousands dps.
  6. Kreacher Augur

How do you cast both Mortification Rk. II and Mortification Rk. III?
  7. Straahdx Augur

8. Redrum_Redrum Augur

what is odd is it says 0 casts on the side yet it did 289k damage?
  9. Robnie Augur

I
    It's a super duper necro secret.
  10. Mrya New Member

Xnao how are you able to get Mortification Rk II and Mortification RK III on the mob at the same time?
  11. Xnao Augur

0 casts because that is from the spell Chaotic Contagion.
  12. Mrya New Member

Crap, sorry I shouldn't have said anything.
  13. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Its in logs like this, (> Your spell did not take hold. <)
  14. Xnao Augur

I find that it is extremely helpful to have an audio trigger for that. A really annoying unique one.
  15. Shaman-on-Drinial Journeyman

yeah we need the ranger stuff to land.

the rangers and the treehuggers have been the vocalest in my guild about their stuff getting necro blocked.
  16. Robnie Augur

You're kidding, obviously?
  17. Hatsee Augur

If it's the debuffs then as I said that's more important than any single necro dot, if they want it for their dots then that's just silly.
  18. Shaman-on-Drinial Journeyman

theyre complaining about their debuffs not landing.
  19. Mellifleur Augur

Ha......Ha....

Ha
  20. Naugrin Augur

The named pets have a MUCH smaller range as it pertains to parsers than standard pets. I hope they fix that but don't really expect it.