Nagafin Downed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EQ_Scotty, May 23, 2015.

1. Norathorr Augur

Grats to the guild who downed them. They can hardly be to blame if they are a hardcore guild they did what it took to get to where they had to be. This is primarily why I never subscribed to this server. With Exp pots and OP class tuning what else can you expect? In reality no one should be this level yet given the timeframe the server has been up, unless they had access to a fully instrumented bard to swarm kite. I just wish more thought and care had gone into thinking about the long term stability of this server. Let us not be fooled. There will always be one or two power guilds on any server, but the pace at which this happened and the levels that these mobs were downed at are totally wrong and this comes from not bothering to even out the tuning kinks out of lazyness. Daybreak wanted a cash grab you all bought into it. Some people could not log in for ages, one class has a HUGE advantage over others. This is not EQ, it's poor shadow of what EQ was.
    Justice and Xanadas like this.
  2. Liquid Augur

Being a player from 99' I'm floored at their success. Working nights with a couple others that started playing with me, we talked about this accomplishment..we are all just amazed. Mainly because we played back in 99' where this was unheard of. But honestly in today's gaming market and how long this game has been out, I can see it. A solid plan, tons of energy..(like the kid kind) fuel of various sorts and dedication to the end goal is completly reachable.

/clap...have to give credit where credit is due.

"Being bitter is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies" we have a lot of these types on this forum/server..sad really.
    Tour, Adrienna and Melanippe like this.
  3. Dredlox Elder

Hard to give credit when mage pets count for 3 to 4 people each but gratz anyway! :p
    Xanadas likes this.
  4. Xanadas Augur

Rolling my eyes so hard right now. The classes are so unbalanced. Regarding the screenshot, 8/18 being mages speaks volumes and of the rest, I would bet my paycheck they leveled up exclusively with mages doing the killing.
  5. Kravitz Augur

So much hate... its not classic EQ, get over it.

Mages are overpowered compared to other classes... get over it.

It never will be like 1999, they have made too many changes over the years.

This is a TLP server, if you want to play classic EQ play on project 1999.

P.S. Project 1999 is free, so Daybreak doesn't make a quick money grab off you either.
    Willy Willers likes this.
  6. code-zero Augur

On the live servers lots of people have characters dedicated to taking down Vox and Nagafen. True enough they'll be level 52 and usually have lots of twink gear to help but my friends and myself have beaten them with as few as 4 characters and no one boxing. I believe that particular group was Necro, Shaman, SK and Magician though I'm not sure if it was a Mage in the last slot.
  7. Myth Elder

played with them on Fippy, TL and guilds like them, are the guilds that i your group is at a camp spot...and they need something from that area...they will take it over..tell you to take a hike. heard they did the same thing here. saw some people complaining in ooc about them just overrunning their camps and taking the mobs. they know they can get away with it because they did it in Fippy.
  8. Gwoben Journeyman

I do not understand the amount of attention this thread gets. Everyone who played on previous progression servers know that all group raid content until GoD is trivialized by global changes which they do not want to undo for progression servers because it would take work. It was an easy uncontested mob which can be 4-boxed by 4 lvl 50 mages. It could get more interesting if there were other guilds willing to contest raid mobs - then it would get to a point of who writes better scripts and more importantly, who has better connection. Unfortunately it does not look like it would happen on this server. Too bad, I wanted to read about drama. The way it is going all I will have to read is about people whining about TL not sharing.
  9. Glistarian Augur

This just reinforces my dedication to 6 months between expansions. Don't under any circumstances change that limit. Let the obsessive suffer sitting in exactly the same place for 6 months. Hope you enjoyed your rush!

I dinged level 5 myself, on a race and a class I've never played. Wandered a bit, saw new things. Buffed other random noobs, healed some noob soloers who overpulled and would have died. I plan on playing like this for a year or two and enjoying every minute of my time.

These guys will sit on the same spot for 6 months and get angry at other people sitting on the same spot for 6 months. Then they'll rush through Kunark in 3 days and sit on new spots for 6 months. I'll be doing things I haven't done before instead of killing the same targets I killed 15 years ago over and over.

Lock for 6 months. These are the guys who will hate it.
  10. Totally Conquered New Member

HAHAHA HAHAHAH AHAHHA Bush knocked down the towers. Area 51 has lots of aliens.

ALIENS~!!!!!
  11. Fallfyres Augur

----------------------

I'm actually curious what 'you all' (*generally inclusive, not just directed at you Aenoan) would do if in this make-believe universe where you put the rest of us in our humble foot-stool positions in Norrathian society, once the majority decided they weren't interested all that much in it anymore?

Who would/will you sell your ill-gotten camp-holding-production-slave-loots to? Don't you need the Norrathian middle class, that portion of players who has given up on the idea of even having a chance to earn something for him/herself so they just BUY the majority of their gear? From you, right?

I suppose if this server continues down this slimed up path to the chaos that has been predicted, that SOME population will stay. I wonder if it will be enough to provide you the continuing elevated status you seek. Gotta have some shoeshine boys around, and more importantly customers who want a shoe shine if you wanna be the Shoeshine Stand Master.

*Just musing. I know the server won't dwindle that fast even in the face of the holding down of the 'not-camps' around the original content. What I cannot get ahold of is WHY? What is the interest once supposedly elite players have accomplished the 'server firsts'...whats left on a 18-ish year old MMO server thats gonna spend around 6 months in all the early expansions? You've presumably done it all, probably many times...won't it be mind-numbingly tedious?

Where is the excitement? The challenge?
    The raisons d'etre?

If you are squared away and ace -- go find some real competition on EQ's live servers, or in some other choice of MMO or entertainment in life...there's just not anything here long term that could be remotely satisfying to a gamer who is on top of his specialty.

I just suspect a great many of those who joined you for the funsies/thrill/drama this early content is providing are not gonna stay and be submissive cogs in some narcissist's controlled environment. They may bop back and forth as expansions open, but I can't imagine the enormous waste of time it would be to slowly camp over and over and over, even with renumeration, original era loot targets for SIX MONTHS. SIX MONTHS. SIX MONTHS. SIX MONTHS. SIX MONTHS. SIX MONTHS. SIX MONTHS.

Oh. Thats another topic though isn't it. If you make us peon's miserable enough, the narcissistic universe could be expanded to motivate 'us lesser beings' to jump on the suggestions of asking for a widened instancing choice from DBG, and also of course for more people to vote for the next expansions more rapidly, eh? *Le sigh.
    Wayylon likes this.
  12. Porygon Augur

I don't understand why you people think just because they are willing to compete hard for raid targets, that it means they will train or ks you on group . There were many times on fippy where I held high end group nameds, efreeti, fbss, and then heiro when kunark launched. For days at a time. And never received any grief from tl, citizen, other boxers....etc. Just because they killed a raid target in 3 days doesn't mean they are out to get you
    Jagwire likes this.
  13. Gskiel New Member

Wonderful post Glistarian. 100% dead on.
  14. Aenoan Augur

I don't care if expansions take 6 months or unlock soon.
    I app'd to TL because this time I wanted to raid more, I had a way better schedule then I did before and its hard to find a guild as a PST player since most players tend to be on a EST schedule classic, because of how classic to velious schedule works.
    That could very well change again though and I may have to go more casual. Not really fair to lump someone in with the masses.

As for live, there is no competition. Most of live players can't stand the last few expansions and have very little interest in it, especially when they make some of those newer expansions suddenly become free. And I have no interest in playing live. Because there is nothing for me to do there.

I voted for max nostalgia btw, I don't have any interest in drama or the going ons, people are taking it too personal, I am just here to enjoy classic EQ as best as I can and meet some folks and play with some old ones, I used to raid with on other TLPS (mostly Sleeper)
  15. Totally Conquered New Member

You just wrote over 400 words to basically say .. WAHHHHH
  16. Progress Augur

His post is 100% wrong. These are the guys that will love classic being locked for 6 months. That gives them 6 months to farm Vox and Naggy with mages until another guild with a mage team can beat them in a DPS race. Part of the game is making plat and getting epics; locking down both of these dragons for 6 months allows them to do both. They have already ready made it past the hard part (staying awake 3 days to level) and now they just have to log in every 7 days to claim loot.
  17. bobjones1208 Augur

I only read the first 3 pages of crying and whining, but congrats to TL. Very impressive with 18 and no level 50's.
    Aenoan likes this.
  18. Glistarian Augur

So, as I said. They'll sit in the same spot for 6 months and get angry at other people sitting in the same spot for 6 months. Over mobs everyone killed countless times 15 years ago.

GG, I guess.
  19. Wayylon Augur

I don't see this as whining, It's just a lot of people were looking for a classic type experience that is the polar opposite of what is happening here.

It's not whining, it's not complaining, it's just stating that this server holds no appeal for people that want that type of experience myself included.
  20. Heilena Augur

Respawn isn't 7 days. its 3 days +/- 12 hours.