Nagafin Downed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EQ_Scotty, May 23, 2015.

1. Jezzie Augur

Got to pay for those krono somehow, boxing ain't cheap ;)
  2. Aricka Journeyman

Anyone who was on Fippy knew this was coming, it's not like they hid the fact that this would be their goal. How fast they kill bosses shouldn't represent your happiness playing on this server. My druid dinged level 10 last night, I feel like I'm making pretty good time for my RL obligations. I'm content to keep playing and doing what I want, the fact that they downed 3 bosses last night didn't conflict with my leveling at all.

I know some of the people in that guild, and they're generally very nice people. They're very dedicated to being 1st and that's how they want to play. I played on Fippy and I was never trained by anyone in their guild when I was camping named spawns. Every guild has bad apples, it's just the way it is, and I'm sure TL is no exception. All the bed-wetting about how fast Naggy, Vox and Phinny went down is just ridiculous. The server is still sitting on classic for the next "x" months and if the truth were told, they're doing the damn server a favor by rushing to open up Kunark. Your queues and max capacities will likely be gone then or at least you'll have less areas of bottlenecked EXP zones.

TL;DR - Gratz Twisted Legacy.
  3. Rolien Elder

Only 18 people not one of them were 50. 8 of them were mages. They had only 3 Clerics and 1 warrior then other int casters.

Wtf

I'm speechless for this words cannot describe how stupid that actually is. Also some where deep inside I know that that one single warrior...He probably died and mage pets tanked Naggy.
  4. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

5. code-zero Augur

Naggy and Vox are simply not that hard. On live many people, myself included, have characters set up to take those down. Now they are level 52 and fairly well equipped but as I noted earlier myself and 3 friends playing Shaman, SK, Necromancer and I believe a Mage took Vox down. 4 characters and it's not that difficult. So 18 level 46 characters sounds about right
  6. Jezzie Augur

You're too late to this party Jain, save the popcorn for later!
  7. Willy Willers Lorekeeper

8. beyrak Augur

What did these P99 people think would happen? This isn't a classic server. It's a TLP presently in Vanilla. There is no way to go back to 1999.

Now can we please come to our senses and open up Kunark soon so people have a reason to roll a melee? Or do you guys want to keep complaining about all the mages and TL locking down the bosses?
    Adrienna likes this.
  9. Totally Conquered New Member

You don't know what you think you know. The mitigation/resist/damage tables were changed years and years ago. Even on p99 (pre-kunark) which is the closest representation of classic nagafen and classic ac/mitigation/damage tables Nagafen can be killed with 2 groups of 50's.

Comparing TLP encounters to classic everquest is idiotic at best.
  10. Rolien Elder

Yes but only 6 of them were 46 the rest were 42 and below.
    Also on other servers you have access to defiant gear and such so it's obvious that 4 people at 52 could easily kill them.
    But on here we have access to only classic gear. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume they have not had time to farm gear.

Mage pet carries op.
  11. Goodnews Augur

I personally saw several boxers with that guild tag on. Without a doubt, boxers played no small part in Naggy falling. Uncontroversial. No doubt it was fun and high-fiving abounded.
  12. Brogett Augur

So 1 tank (war), 3 clerics, 14 int casters. This makes a total mockery of game balance. Want to get ahead? Ignore anything remotely melee.

When are DGC going to ever do any game balance? I thought the "normal" live servers were unbalanced, but this is just beyond a joke. Please take balance seriously and don't just "grats" them for exploiting a broken game :/
    Xanathol, Norathorr and LastToStand like this.
  13. Stigmas Elder

Mage class was OP in 1999. Add to that Mobs are underpowered on this server, anyone can solo yellow mob and spells don't resist on even reds. So it obvious that easy raid bosses are going to be killed fast.
  14. Diemond Augur

You ain't seen nothing yet, give it a month or two. :)
  15. Lejaun Augur

Hah, I was one of those players. I had characters set up on two servers camped out at the dragon points. They were level 52 as well and decked out in top gear (thanks Seru) or running Mage 1.0 pet, but it still illustrates the point quite clearly when a single player can take out a dragon that they are very beatable by 18 players, especially this age of the mage.
  16. Tharrg Augur

----this is why they should reduce the stupid spawn time on these dragons to 4-6 hours tops... because now those dragons will be camped and farmed on non stop basis.. no one will get to progress because of those mage bot armies that will move in. Its BS!
  17. Fallfyres Augur

---------------
    You are not the debil Aenoan, heh, I think a good number of players were interested in subbing to Ragefire to be able to enjoy some raiding here. **I noted early in my post :'you all' (*generally inclusive, not just directed at you Aenoan".
  18. Kellaer Augur

What a ridiculous notion.
  19. Fallfyres Augur

-------------------

No, perhaps you are just one of those who need/very much want the short version I guess.

Plenty of wahhhh posts throughout these forums. Querying to try and figure out opposite stances in a debate is not only just 'whining'; its part of research. Reading, trying to understand the other side's argument. Sometimes it results in nada as far as changing someone's position. Sometimes it leads to new information though.

Now, are you one of the players who came back to enjoy raiding for nostalgia, perhaps to raid zones you never got to before, or are you in fact one of those who plan to slime up the server in regards to acting negatively for the rest of the six months, until the next expansion drops? Inquiring minds might want to know in order to better understand you. That of course is one goal we have in common, right? To make Ragefire a better place for lots of people (*so there will be lots of continuing subs) to have fun in for six months, yes? ^-^
  20. Kravitz Augur

Lol you are realizing this now? They have statistics of how many of each class and what level they are on each server. Casters won a long time ago, hybrids and bards came in 2nd, and pure melee classes dead last.