Monk Spam Key

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Disobedient, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Disobedient New Member

Hello I Just created A monk and Wondering . What are the abilties to toss on a one button Spam key for fresh level 85 Heroic monk ? Would highly appreciate your help here. I come from a BL main and Feel like playing a monk. Not going with flavor of the month Zerker. Any help from a real monk would be appreciated
  2. Kravin Journeyman

And 105 if someone could! Thanks!
  3. Thrillho Augur

Mash keys can be finicky, in that they won't work if you have them in the wrong order. I had issues adding beyond 7 until I changed the order of them around. This one works for me most of the time. The only time it doesn't work entirely is when I have a disc running. DM will not fire when a disc is running, and Banestrike doesn't like to fire in this if DM doesn't fire, so I have to click it manually (although, banestrike is terrible anyway). Here's mine, in order:
    • Flying kick <can be removed due to /autoskill>
    • Banestrike
    • Drunken Monkey
    • Zan Fi
    • Doomwalker's Synergy (timer 8, kick synergy)
    • Stunning kick
    • Tiger claw <can be removed due to /autoskill>
    • Zalikor's Fang (timer 16)
    • Torrent of Fists (timer 11)
    • Curse of the Thirteen (level 103)
    • Doomwalker's Precision (level 104)
    • Vigorous Shuriken
    It's a massive endurance drain, so keep an eye out on that. I put the timers in for the higher abilities that have lower ranks so you'll be able to substitute as needed. Other ones are level specific, so you'll just have to wait to get those.
    Also, I'm not sure what your timers are like for Zan Fi at 85 and with low AAs, so you might want to take that out. Basically it should be used all the time when you max out the AAs, since it has a 6'35" duration and 7'0" refresh. Drunken monkey can also be taken out if you want to have control over when it fires (and if you're running out of endurance too quickly).
  4. HeatherPurrs Augur

Any spam set at 105 that doesn't include,
    Eye Gouge. Is severely lacking.
  5. Kaliko Augur

Stunning kick is WAY better than eye gouge.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. HeatherPurrs Augur

To the uninformed I'm sure it is.
  7. Lisard Silly

they are about the same in dps, stunning crits higher then eye gouge, the only real difference is Stunning kick is a 9s refresh and eye gouge is a 5s refresh.

also the stun is super useful...compared to the eye gouge effect which is alrdy tied to our tiger claw attack
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Alekyne Journeyman

Oh boy... here comes a repeat of the stat consolidation thread from last May.
  9. HeatherPurrs Augur

No. They are not the same. Blind reduces a mobs hit rate on the tank. Especially when the mob is unstunnable. Second anyone recommending /autoskill to a 105 monk is frankly ignorant. Third here's one that most here are unworthy to even be told. Your 0, -, = keys should be set to scroll to a different hot bar so depending on the situation you've got the right mash key available without having to point and click or scroll to a new bar.

The blatant ignorance spread on this forum is frankly, the worst thing to happen to this game.
  10. HeatherPurrs Augur

You're very, very lonely aren't you?
  11. Kaliko Augur

I never knew monks had a Yimin! And autoskill works great for flying kick and tigerclaw. Stunning kick is more dps.
  12. Thrillho Augur

Please, inform us. I've never been above change, especially if it's to my own benefit. Please, post some long-duration parses of Stunning Kick vs. Eye Gouge. I've often tried to post my own parses to show differences, and often times am surprised by the results.

In terms of hits on the tank, if we're the class that's going to make them survive, then there is a problem with the tank. I'd rather have increased DPS and have the mob die sooner and deal with less raid mechanics that eye gouge would be useless against. AEs don't care about blindness. Adds at timed intervals don't care about blindness. Auras spawning don't care about blindness.

What's wrong with /autoskill? I read something about a kick being dropped at certain intervals if it's spammed too quickly, which has always been a problem with spamming a hit. Personally, I haven't found any issues with running /autoskill, especially when running Heel. Again, please post parses for those of us beneath your shoe. Or is it a pride thing? Do you not use /autoattack as well, opting to click Melee Attack every time it's up?

There are lots of different ways to set up. Personally, I use Shift 1 to switch to hotbar 1, 2 for 2, etc. And I have 0, -, and = set for pulling abilities. I think shifting through hotbars is more applicable to other classes. There are only a few instances where I might use a different lineup. I'm always going to kick. Always going to use my synergy lines. Always going to use everything in my mash key as noted above (perhaps eye gouge if it proves to be higher dps). On my bard I have different melodies and different macros set up for when I'm in a melee group vs. caster group, so having a different set up for my hotkeys makes sense. Monks don't have to worry about the other classes we're grouped with, aside from changing timing to line up with ADPS.

Please post something useful. The holier-than-thou attitude isn't helping anyone.
    Tenaka and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  13. MrMajestykx Augur

lol were you sober when you posted that and if so your about the only uninformed person on that topic of stunning kick not being better .... lol no really ty for the giggles at that .
  14. HeatherPurrs Augur

It depends on what Named you're going up against and the situation itself. Not really understanding why you don't understand that the tank taking less damage is critical on most raids and many group situations.

We obviously play two very different games. The game I play, FK, TC, TR, ES are all on timers greater than 4 seconds and each has a use and a purpose beyond DPS.

That's fine. If you've got a free finger for shift more power to you. If you're skill set usage is as limited as you say, fine by me.

We are playing two completely different games.
  15. Phrovo1 Augur

how did this thread go from a "what buttons should I use" to one person calling everyone else idiots? Heather, do you mind posting parses that prove that Eye Gouge does more damage than Stunning Kick? When you are soloing or in a group with no other monks Wasp isn't going to always be up while Synergy is. Last I checked Tiger Claw procs a slightly lesser version of Eye Gouge quite often. Last I checked Flying Kick mods were higher than Tiger Claw, Eagle Strike, and Dragon Punch/Tail Rake mods (from AAs).

Please see:Tiger Claw procs a slightly old version of it already,

Last I checked FK is pure damage
    TC is damage and can cripple attack. And it should always be used since it's on its own timer.
    TR/DP is never used since now it's neutered to only damage (knockback was removed}
    ES is used for endurance siphoning and damage-monks have endurance problems?

Also there's our Heel line which allows Flying Kick to go off every second and increases how good they are. Oh hey, Stunning Kick benefits from that![/quote]

nitpick lol

This is just plain preposterous. Monks will never add anything to the group they are in when they raid unless you count the AA Synergy (which is from a skill that we're going to spam no matter what group we're in). Under no circumstance should a monk care about their group outside of when the other classes are hitting their ADPS stuff.
  16. Phrovo1 Augur

Actually tbh, any monk that doesn't spam normal Kick or Chuck Norris (spinning) Kick is doing it wrong ;)
  17. MrMajestykx Augur

Heather /.....one . are you a monk......two if you are apparently you are NOT a good one. three...are you again sober or lucid when you post much of anything here and 4 if you are sober and lucid do you actually listen read or believe much of what you post here? your a liabiliy here please stay off the thread you lend nothing here and know even less.
    Thrillho likes this.
  18. Alekyne Journeyman

Have you read the stuff you wrote in that thread? I genuinely thought you were trolling everyone that bothered replying to you. This feels exactly the same.
  19. Picard Journeyman

We are playing two completely different games.

[/quote]

Word! Yes indeed two completely different games are being played. There is this game called EverQuest that has a monk class populated with a large number of people with a combined 5000 years worth of playing time. Said players have spent that amount of time working hard at developing their skills and maximizing their abilities by learning every aspect of the mechanics of the class and the game and how they fit together. Year after year of parsing and comparing data, not to mention plain ole experience, has led to every reputable monk knowing what is plainly obvious.

Omg or is it?!? Wait! Just wait! We are all complete nimrods and clueless! How could we not have known all along that what is plainly obvious is in fact a mean and nasty trick that we are all too stupid to figure out?!? There is only one possible explanation. Heather is the One! Yay we have finally found our leader. The One has at long last been revealed and the rest of us should just ignore everything we all know and just accept that the One has spoken and that is all!

Oh well. Seeing as how I am most certainly not the One I'm going to continue playing EverQuest and let Heather play whatever the heck Heather wants to play and think whatever Heather wants to think. Go on ahead playah! You keep on keeping on. Ignorance is bliss as they say and I am more than content to be ignorant since I only know what everyone else knows but the One. Really though Round Kick actually does way more damage than Flying Kick if you subtract such and such from this and that and then divide that result by a multiplier of the corresponding derivative. And hey even then the rng becomes statistically irrelevant because if you are the One you can compensate for that and manipulate the space/time continuum to will things to be so. Now that is a monk skill that should be first on the mash key. Space/Time Continuum Disruption. Unfortunately it ain't going to fire for any of us but the One!
  20. Cicelee Augur

Truthfully, you all are doing it wrong. When I go on a raid on my monk, I hit my FD hotkey and tab over to Netflix. Once event is done (thanks audio triggers) then I tab back over and collect loot.

Spam a hotkey. Pshaw I say. Pshaw.