Monk Spam Key

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Disobedient, Apr 27, 2017.

1. HeatherPurrs Augur

2. Minato Augur

wut
  3. Minato Augur

You do know eye gouge procs regardless right. ive had mine be over written a few times and its not on my spam bar.
  4. Phrovo1 Augur

what I did when I used to raid
  5. MrMajestykx Augur

The troll isnt that bright sir.
  6. Dropfast Augur

Actually guys, Heather is not completely wrong. Here are the numbers I got but keep in mind to truly test the DPS output of both you would need another monk spamming Doomwalker's Synergy on the combat dummy non stop so the damage from D-Synergy doesn't throw your parse off. You would need 3 monks to keep 2 finger on the mob 100% of the time. Anyway, numbers >

Without Synergy > Stunning Kick > About 11.7k max non crit, 17.5k max crit

With Synergy > Stunning Kick > About 26k max non Crit, 39k max Crit

Without 2 Finger > Eye Gouge > About 9.4k max non crit, 14.3k max crit (but can be used nearly 2x more often)

With 2 Finger > Eye Gouge > 18.8k max non crit, 28.7k max crit (but can be used nearly 2x more often)

Just running up to a combat dummy and hitting Eye gouge VS stunning kick, Eye gouge is better DPS on the average because it can be cast almost 2x more often. But that is not how it goes down in real combat, the mob will have the Doomwalker's Synergy buff on them nearly 100% the time. 9.4k/14.3k VS 26k/39k is not even a comparison. You don't even need to test that to know Stunning kick way more DPS even considering the timer difference, in this situation. However, with 2 Finger on the mob, Eye gouge does pull ahead again because it can be cast almost 2x faster/more. So Heather is not completely wrong. It just depends on if 2 finger is up or not and luck of getting max hits.

BEFORE the Thunderfoot nerf, Stunning kick was MILES ahead of Eye gouge because it could proc Thunderfoot as well on top of it's damage. But since Stunning kick can no longer proc Thunderfoot, Eye gouge is better DPS with 2 finger on the mob or no D-Synergy. That may surprise a lot of you ;)
    Raptorjesus5 and HeatherPurrs like this.
  7. Dropfast Augur

Also Heather, just fyi, Eye gouge is not a blind. In game descriptions suck and you can never trust them. It's actually a ATK debuff. The casted Eye gouge is -400 ATK, the proced eye gouge off tiger claw is -124 ATK. So the casted Eye gouge is over 3x more powerful than the proced one. If your tanking something nasty as a monk, casted Eye gouge is the way to go. If the mobs DPS output is not a factor, then Stunning kick for better DPS most of time is the way to go. It all depends on the situation and what you want at the time.
  8. HeatherPurrs Augur

I'm just enjoying watching other monks figuring this out. Now, the eye gouge AA is what I'm talking about having on a different hotkey set, Dropfast. Tiger claw the ability is always spammed.
    solarfly likes this.
  9. Dropfast Augur

Yea I'm guessing many a monk had no clue about that. But it is very situational. Switching out Stunning Kick with Eye gouge mid fight would be a pain in the butt to do all the time. Which is why 98% on monks just go with Stunning kick 24/7. It is better DPS on the average. But in certain situations Eye Gouge is better. Their are like 20 factors to consider so most are just going to say screw it and go with SK in the spam key. The same goes for Swarm pets / Z-Fang. Most of the time, swarm pets do more damage on the average but only they can be cast 2x to 1 time of Z Fang. However, with luck on crits Z-Fang can do more damage despite the timer difference. I personally hate swarm pets so I use Z-Fang now 24/7.
  10. HeatherPurrs Augur

I use four hot bars all linked to each other via 0, -, =. No shift needed just pop 0 and I'm on new spam set or - new spam set, etc. ... = pulling set except when i'm pulling, of course. Of course without Bandolier the - and = wouldn't be much better than shift.
  11. kyong Augur

So it sounds like we're all in agreement that Stunning Kick / Eye Gouge should be moved to separate timers like Tiger Claw / Flying kick were. One a hand attack and one a foot. Makes sense!
    Sokon likes this.
  12. HeatherPurrs Augur

Took some time to look at this as a possibility and added stunning kick and eye gouge together as averages of both with and without their enhancements. In every case our best damage doing this with DW our damage would still only be on par with above average rogue damage and still not on par with zerk damage.

So yes, making this possible as a DW only AA, doing both would not be OP at all.
  13. Raptorjesus5 Augur

14. Raptorjesus5 Augur

The eye gouge max rank debuff prevents the lower rank eye gouge from gouging tiger from landing. (Obviously).

My question is, does it also stop the damage from happening? I assume it doesn't but why not double check.

If the damage is about equal, it seems like an extra 276 attack debuff is pretty darn significant. Especially when I'm tanking. In a perfect world, you'd go back and forth to keep the debuff up, but generally I'm ok with not min/maxing for such a slight advantage because I'm lazy like that.

Also... I've been known to use Eye Gouge even before I read this thread because....

I have a debuff fetish.
  15. Picard Journeyman

Drop I guess I just assumed most everyone realized the situational usage being the key. I've had Eye Gouge on a hot button ever since Thunderfoot became Featherfoot and we have always used it when at least 3 monks were present to keep 2 Finger up at all times. Other than that, it's as you say, not even worth comparing. Your post is an example of how to say something that may help others learn something they didn't know (and I guess I thought it was obvious hehe). The One's post was not. Drop = hey folks if you really get deep into analyzing things this is what you are likely to find and the logic behind why. The One's post = thy communitieth beith stupideth becauseth youeth justeth areth!!

All you have to do is go through your logs with any of our abilities and learn the discs/AAs as best you can and test them out and review the data to figure this stuff out. It really isn't that complicated but it does take that investment of time and the effort to test so many things out so often can be very tedious and just not worth it to a lot of people for any number of reasons. Especially if the result is a minimal difference and we are so far behind the curve in major ways at this point anyway.

Also I've almost always found it to be more beneficial to get friends together and test things out on actual mobs or nameds especially. I feel like you get truer results when you aren't in an environment like guild halls that impacts durations of procs and some discs, etc. For longer term parsing over a period of hours of course combat dummies are the only option but then you really have to be precise and consistent with your testing parameters to minimize variances.
  16. SoroxDrinal Elder

Multibind / Spamkey:
    Open Options, Keys, Hotbar #, and map Hot button 1-9 to E (or your favorite key)

Open Hotbar #
    1 - Tiger Claw
    2 - Stunning Kick / Eye Gouge <-- single AA button
    3 - Doomwalker's Synergy
    4 - Flying Kick
    5 - Torrent of Fist
    6 - Curse of 13 Fingers
    7 - Phantom Pummeling
    8 - Doomwalker's Precision
    9 - Drunken Monkey

Ordering events -----------------------------------:

Limit multibind to have only a single AA button in the line up due to the way EQ processes actions.

EQ starts from button 1 and stops at the first discipline. The order is skills (kick/tiger claw) go first if up, discipline goes next if up, and then AA (stunning kick/eye gouge) go last if up.

1st E does tiger claw, doomwalker (stops at first disc) followed by stunning kick/eye gouge (AA is last)
    2nd E does FK now modified by doomwalker, and torrent which is high on list since it procs synergy on group
    3rd E does Curse of 13 Fingers, mob needs to take 112 hits(melee or spell) to get fulmination
    4th E does Phantom, used to help proc 13 fingers on mob (pets do 40ish of the required 112 hits)
    5th E does DP for more dps, more hits after Curse of 13 is on mob
    6th E does Drunken Monkey for TC mod, 25s ZanFi is not running, and if using Crimson Fist since ZanFi gets overwritten
    eepok and Thancra like this.
  17. svann Augur

Monkey spam.
    yechhh
  18. Sokon Augur

Let's spend more effort on this and less effort on anything else. Also, I think 18 year old monks should be able to tiger claw eagle strike and dragon punch at the same time. I mean, we have 2 hands, wtf. WTB more deeps
  19. gnomeboss Augur

SMRT.
  20. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

This was very helpful! I did mine a little different but seeing the order helped a lot. Thanks for posting.