Monk, new flavor of the month, reroll now!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Alpha_Ragefire, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Raynard Augur

None taken. In fact, scepticism of my claim is probably more justified than doubting the *current* ratio table. However, dismissing my claims as garbage with no evidence to the contrary is just clinging to ignorance. They fact that the ratio is not displayed has never sat well with me, nor should it to anyone with a healthy scepticism about old, second hand information.

Show me a 5 minute parse of an unbuffed level 50 monk on TLP hitting in less than 3 second delay with bare fists.
  2. Anarth Lorekeeper

I dont need to prove it, wycca is on these forums and came up with most of that knowledge anyways. nothing has changed
  3. Kattahn Elder

True story, although if we had some sort of tooltip I don't think I'd trust it. The tooltips currently say dex increases your melee damage, which I haven't been able to show in a parse or find any sources that confirm it anywhere
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Raynard Augur

Why are you so sure that nothing has changed?
  5. Asheran Augur

From what I remember, delay = 1/10th of a second (so a 10 delay weapon attacks once per second with 0% haste).

The easiest way to confirm the delay side of a monk's fist would be to autoattack something for 5 minutes or so, with a 1h blunt weapon in offhand. Then, go to your logs, remove the attacks with the 1h blunt and the extra attacks from double / triple attacks, and find the average time between each attack.

EQ logs only record the time to the second, so it won't be perfect. Still, over a decent amount of time, it should become pretty accurate.
  6. Raelsmar Lorekeeper

WTB Fungi Tunic and T-staff x6. Please inbox me with your prices.
  7. Anarth Lorekeeper

#1 because the damage output is higher than 21/38, #2 because the delay at 50, unbuffed, is not 38. #2 alone requires logging into the game and seeing you swing much faster than that.

Because of that, its very easy to determine that you are using flawed math. Your persistence is now showing that you were hoping you came up with the next big revelation, however you have not.
  8. Raynard Augur

Show me the parse.
  9. Laurb New Member

Raynard is correct. He has the parses. The numbers do not lie. I have similar parses of shorter duration that confirm his findings. 21/38 is correct.
    Raynard likes this.
  10. skattabrainz Augur

Until I see a 24 box paladin army or rogue army THERE IS STILL WORK TO BE DONE!

Everybody LOH!
  11. Steampunk Augur

I don't care what numbers you all throw around. Iksar are just flat bu**-ugly. I'd rather have an ogre.
  12. Necromonious Augur

You do not understand, Iksar are the Master race. You will learn.

He will learn.
  13. metalmonk New Member

I can confirm monk fists are 21/38 from my parses as well.
    The people who think they are 20/26 are staring all the parse data in the face and being willfully ignorant.
    21/38 Is still strong for classic but its nowhere near as insane as 20/26.
    Laurb and Raynard like this.
  14. Fallfyres Augur

:D Fabulous Numiko! *Please consider selective grouping with other like-minded Ranja's, *nods and blinks innocently...
    Numiko likes this.
  15. Fallfyres Augur

------------------
    *****<<<<<<<<<< And, please see Numiko's post for future Ranja troops; I heartily approve:p!
    skattabrainz likes this.
  16. Rhodz Augur

Yet the ugly will always remain.
    A little less damage a little more AC a bit more regen and hated everywhere.
    Only a factor if soloing for a couple of expansions and then not even that much.
    But ugly... is forever.

Face it the Iksar have the stats they do so Verrant could sell more RoK packages. Not one of their better ideas.
  17. Greyowl Augur

Evidence ala "because I said so" and / or "its always been like that" usually doesnt fly.
    21/38 is confirmed by various parses of different sources since a few days (see monk forum).

Back on topic:
    Monks and Rogs (even more so Bst later on) are gonna be very strong - and thats nice for a change.
    So, no class envy here (I box an ench and a wizzy) and for sure wont reroll just because melees finally get buffed.
  18. Anarth Lorekeeper

lol, so the same 3 people here saying the fists are 21/38, are the same 3 people in the monk section saying they are 21/38 and thats proof?

I'm not going to waste my time performing calculations that have already been done by the masses.

If you wish to waste your time to come up with a new theory, then have at it, do. not. care.

I'll continue to live in my "willfully ignorant world" of 20/26, or 21/38, or 100/500, do. not. care.
  19. Raynard Augur

It seems like you do care, but that you don't know the first thing about how damage and delay work in the game.You decided at some point that I was wrong, and are sticking to that ignorant conclusion in the face of overwhelming evidence to try and save face. Other have corroborated my conclusion, but they must be wrong too, since you couldn't possibly be wrong.

Learn how the game works.
    Test it yourself.
    Don't be a sheep.
  20. Anarth Lorekeeper

god i wish i was you