Monk, new flavor of the month, reroll now!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Alpha_Ragefire, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Raynard Augur

Just be the best you that you can be.
  2. Porygon Augur

This makes perfect sense actually. My rogue wss coming extremely close to out dpsing my monk, and if my fists were 20/26 that wouldn't even be possible.
  3. Tulgin Augur

Doesn't take a parse to see monk fists aren't as fast as 26 delay. Just count the seconds in your head between melee swings lol. It's closer to 4 seconds per hit, so obviously 21/38 sounds legit.
  4. Necromonious Augur

Coincidentally enough, I played ogre and human chars in Kunark, then rolled an iksar necro for looks long after racials meant absolutely nothing in-game
  5. Steampunk Augur

But still uggggggly!
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. superman Augur

Where is the official information on this passive dps increase for melee? I can't find it
  7. Porygon Augur

You're not trying very hard. Go to the game updates forums.
  8. baider Elder

lol what. You realize monks ALSO get their epic in kunark which is undoubtedly the best of all of the melee epics. It comes with bard haste, which you can affix to a hotkey to keep it up 100% of the time, makes your fists 9/16, and adds attack. Back in kunark and velious monks with epic were by far the best dpsers.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  9. Porygon Augur

Your fists did not become 9/16 on fippy.

Pretty sure these are old mechanics.
  10. Blademaster Elder

Thanks for doing the parse, I had a hunch something was up when I was attacking almost exactly the same speed as my friends SK wielding BABS, something felt odd, now I know.
  11. Dethecus Elder

If monk fists are 21/38 and I'm playing in a trio with a bard and shaman, would I be better off rolling a monk or a SK as the 3rd?
  12. Banai Augur

Way to necro a thread lol.

Either monk or SK works fine in that combo. Monk would be more dmg but sk would be tankier
  13. Dethecus Elder

Are monks actually viable tanks in Classic/Kunark/Velious? Or is it not until they were completely overgeared or had AA that they were really able to tank.

I know on LiveServers a twinked Monk can solo Naggy (Or so I was told). I know that is very unrealistic on a TLP by obvious reasons, but would a monk be able to tank in a group in Old Seb?

I guess I'm just looking for where the "realistic" cutoff for a monk tank is during Classic/Kunark/Velious
  14. Banai Augur

With shammy slows a monk can effectively tank through velious. It's not as good as a real tank since they will take a little more dmg but I've known monk shaman duos that dropped dragons and all. It's a good combo.