MiM Moving to Phinny

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by MightyUnclean, Nov 29, 2015.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

I think all boxers are currently struggling with the announcement of the new server. Prices dropped substantially on items recently. Besteva/Drathus claimed they were going to epic their entire box team and now they're selling epic MQs just to pay for their entire box team.

They have to face the facts like all boxers on LJ/RF which is either leave or downsize. All the boxer haters can rejoice as they watch Dral struggle to peddle his loot in Commons over the next two weeks until eventually they don't even have the numbers to farm naggy/vox anymore.

The strong shall survive!
  2. -wycca Augur

This. Being able to schedule raids for members (even if it's just 1x/target/week) is a pretty huge perk. Even for the most hardcore. There was nothing nicer on Ragefire than when we finally had *1* scheduled raid (VP) that we could do at 9pm est when it was up.
    Simone and Finley like this.
  3. Decrepid Journeyman

AD split up because people wanted to compete as LoZ and then strangely didn't compete.

And if Kunark mobs are so out of demand then why did DHS just kill Talendor and why are ADs grandkids camping at Severilous spawnpoint 70+ strong currently?

Obviously there are groups that are wanting to kill the dragons. I know I saw Ragnarok try Gorenaire this past week, I've seen MM try Gorenaire, etc.

When MM decided to go to war on the rotation the strange thing is that it made AD split and become weaker, MM started losing members and got weaker, and most of the small guilds that wanted to raid died. Funny thing is that MM could have kept the rotation and competed for Efreeti with LoZ and Faceless would have likely just said "no thanks poop socking" and the server would have a ton more raiders. But yeah...cancers going to cancer. They can run off to TL or to other servers, but they are still going to find ways to make problems.

Best thing about Kunark is that strangely the box crews haven't been crowding instances (other than Howling Stones) as much as in classic.

Good luck to MIM though they've been solid through the duration of the server...although the instances are suppose to eventually show up on LJ and RF too, right?
    Simone likes this.
  4. Catashe Augur

Because its Talendor and personally I think FI throwing people a bone cause they don't want to be the last ones on LJ cause they'll need to people in the guild late expansions when people go AWOL
  5. Fiyero Augur

Let's see. All classic mobs (Naggy, Vox, CT, Inny, Sky) are open. Talendor is definitely doable, MiM already beat FI to Sev, FI hardly ever does Faydedar, other guilds have had shots at VS but couldn't kill him. The only target that's hard for other guilds to get is Trakanon.

You act like FI should just say "Hey guys, let's stop raiding for a few weeks so other guilds can attempt to kill a bunch of raid targets without competition or planning".

How does that seem reasonable? Other guilds have the entire server worth of raid mobs other than Trak and VP.
  6. Lejaun Augur

Wait....so all of these Kunark mobs are being left up, but at the same time they aren't? Which one is it?
  7. Lejaun Augur

What other guilds are seriously raiding and have the ability to take out the raid bosses out there? Let's be honest. Lockjaw is in meltdown phase right now. People are selling whatever they can to try to get some Krono to bring over with them to Phinny. Krono's are shooting up in price as people sell out and guilds move over in mass.
  8. Fiyero Augur

MiM, Amicorum, PoEF, Dead Halfling, etc. can kill most bosses in both Classic and Kunark. The only mobs the other guilds besides FI have had trouble with is Gorenaire and Trakanon.
    Simone likes this.
  9. Detheb Augur

Because aside from Trak and VP, you're looking at classic level loot for more work? Trak, VS, and VP are the only targets worth hitting in Kunark lol.
  10. Merau Journeyman

I'm glad at least 1 of the 2 cancer guilds on the server chose to stay (MM being the one who didn't).
    Besteva was the only boxer who made mega boxers look good and was a stand-up individual.
    To sum up this thread: FI sucks; MM sucks; good luck to MiM; there was 1 good mega boxer on the entire server.
  11. AlmarsGuides Augur

It's a shame that there's a lot of mages who hate Besteva just for camping the epic mobs for his box team.
  12. Lejaun Augur

Last I've heard, most of MiM is leaving Lockjaw. DHS, while being some nice folk, aren't really hardcore raiders and will take things at a slow pace. Amicorum has gone through a couple of splits now. Keep in mind, this is with Kunark only being out for a month now.
  13. MightyUnclean Elder

Well, you have Amicorum, who was LoZ, who was AD...Remember how they were going to our-sock FI and be the saviors of Lockjaw? Are they still an active raiding guild, or have they imploded again?
    Simone likes this.
  14. Simone Augur

I don't know what you call seriously raiding but we in Peace of Formosa EX do kill classic and Kunark targets regularly.

Here's a recap of what we have done over the last few nights:

Friday 11-27: We killed Severilous and Innoruuk.
    Saturday 11-28: We killed Faydedar and did some epic related kills.
    Sunday 11-29: We killed Venril Sathir, Cazic-Thule and Talendor.
    Monday 11-30: We killed Innoruuk and Faydedar.

I don't know if most people would be impressed by that list or consider us a serious raiding guild by that list but considering that our guild has a fairly limited window in which we can kill stuff (like 3-8AM PST) and that we're kind of a smaller/more casual guild; I personally think that's a pretty impressive list. In any event it's certainly been enough to keep us busy.

We don't have any plans on going anywhere. We'll continue to do what we have been doing and really what we did on Vulak'Aerr in Reload Ing Pleasewait; we'll look for targets during our playtime and kill what we can and find a couple of nights every week for rest days.
  15. Xhur New Member

I'm not trying to discount your achievements or rain on your parade, but at that time slot, you have nowhere near as much competition as any of the other guilds trying to make it work during "Prime Time".
  16. Darth Augur

They have the same competition from Faceless Insanity.

I field a bigger raid force in that time slot than they do. And, that's certainly not our peak time slot.
  17. MBear Augur

It wasn't that big of a split. Some AD members left for LoZ but the guild remained largely intact. Leadership lost their will to lead and AD merged with MiM. Most days, approximately half of MiM are ex-AD members that came over in the merge. MiM was seen as the proper fit for a merge because they had the same raid philosophy as a large majority of AD.
  18. Xhur New Member

You guys aren't 100% of server-wide competition is what I'm saying. Where during peak hours we have had: FI, MiM, DHS, MP, MM, Amicorum and more all vying for viable targets. I can't speak to knowing all the hours of all the raid forces, but you can't tell me that at that late/early you have the same amount of competition.
  19. Darth Augur

I can, actually. I have the same amount of competition at 6am as I do at 6pm.

Or are you saying other guilds have to fight multiple guilds for kills at 6pm? Cause I have yet to see two guilds go head to head on anything in primetime, unless my guild was one of those guilds.

And, I think that only happened a few times, early in the expansion.
  20. Zublak Augur

The argument is that even before people started focusing on Phinny they stayed up and no one really bothered. No one has contested Trak either. The consensus is; Don't complain and pass blame if you don't even try.