[Mangler] Non toxic hard core guild?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Innate, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Innate Elder

I appreciate the constructive conversation, and Yeah P99 was bad about that, and still had toxic element.
  2. Innate Elder

lol bobby he asked what servers i played on, and I DID say a little ;)
  3. Misaligned Augur

I admire what you're trying to do. And at least you are making an effort. Unfortunately, there's another guild that's going to do whatever it takes to win. DBG is incapable and/or unwilling to police this stuff. I remember a quote a while back suggesting the community needed to police itself. We have no tools to do that, so tactics like training and charm gating get used because there are no repercussions for doing so. They don't recognize camps which is a very odd stance to take since pretty much the entire EQ community has for 20 years.

It's baffling to me that someone like Nasomi can do a better job of policing his FFXI private server than the paid staff at DBG. There are plenty of nerds who just love EverQuest and would do this for free. Oh well, it is what it is. You can be the pooper or the one who gets pooped on. Or just enjoy instanced EverQuest with your guild and not worry about the rest which is my plan. I was a tryhard for a time on Agnarr and it sucked much of the joy out of the game for me, particularly seeing the lows we were all willing to stoop to, myself included. This could all be avoided if DBG was willing to enforce the PNP. Monitor the Twitter account used to batphone and watch the monk sitting at the raid target and what that monk does if anyone tries to contest. It's no secret how this stuff goes down.

OW EverQuest turns into a weird sort of PvP game where you can't attack the other players so people find clever ways to use the environment or mechanics to crap on each other. Krono has had a very real impact on people's willingness to engage in this sort of behavior. Also the ability to change your name, race and basically whole character identity means reputation matters little.

In the end it's the people I met and still play other games and interact with that were important. My char I don't play anymore and those pixels are meaningless. More power to you though and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.
  4. Rolento Augur

This is 100% on point
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I play on Brekt Bobby it's great, my own little private server to kill Trak daily on xD
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I hope you are paying Sir Velious plenty of attention as well, wouldn't want him to get any ideas about staying alive.
  7. ElaidaTL Augur

8. Ilshade Augur

From experience you need to police the "GUILD" within - we all know if a guild is going for a specific drop or raid etc.. its know its a competition.

What kills a guild rep fast is the individuals with in the guild that Train a camp for a drop that is none guild race related - your example of the boots - if your racing just use cash to buy the booties and you bought a good name without train any one out of it.
    Now VT is a non thing and anyone that doesnt know its a composition thing then they deserve to be rekt.
    What i am saying its your members within the guild that cause minor mishaps under your guild name that over a short time rekts you guild presence on the server and it's hard to if ever earn that back

On another server I have dealt with the guilds mentioned above and it totally depends on the people within -
    I had good experiences with them and very bad ones - but you can easily tell who are the good ones and the bad ones as you butt heads for camps and level progression. but to me its not the guild its the individuals - but the guild need to take the steps to clean house once and awhile.

So what I am saying you may have to kick these types of people out of you guild if you want a nicer name - so police your guild dont blame others for a bad rep.

it's not always numbers, but quality people that make or break your guild
  9. Sturn Augur

So if your guild acts ethically, you can't be considered "competitive"? That seems like a strange requirement..
    Barton likes this.
  10. Machentoo Augur

If your guild acts ethically, and comes up against a guild that doesn't, you won't be considered competitive because you won't actually be competing, just losing.
    Accipiter likes this.
  11. phaeril Augur

I think we all need to see that image again to understand what this "creative difference" was.
  12. Innate Elder

660 views so far suggests to me people are at least open minded enough or curious enough to see what the post is about
  13. Tomar Journeyman

Would this be an OW raid guild? from the looks of it, I'd say you offering an alternative to the status quo is not a bad idea at all...
  14. Innate Elder

Well we are going to find out on Mangler because....
    Doomed to Fail - Raids Mon Tues Thurs 9pm - midnight EST Bat Phone 1pm est - 11:30pm 30% RA to bid two mains both accure dkp. Im putting this out here to see if there is anyone who wants to compete for OW spawns regularly, but doesnt want to deal with the toxic behaviour those guilds are known for. Toxicity not tolerated from any level of player with guild tag. Open Bid DKP system, with a cap. Some items will be class restricted, others RA restricted come velious and beyond. Join Doomed to Fail, be part of the core of the raid force, lets have fun racing any other guilds to see who can keep them down the most often! But dont be evil. Dont train them out, drop a accidently red con on them, thats not who this guild tag is. We want to work with the rest of the Mangler community to make sure its a fun place for all of us to play as often as we can all make it that way. All disputes will be handled with a officer on the Public Mangler Channel with the other guilds represenatives.

https://discord.gg/eSgSXND
    getlostgreg likes this.
  15. malaki Augur

People rubberneck car accidents and trainwrecks too.
    Tankz and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  16. Sturn Augur

I'd rather compete ethically and lose rather than unethically and win. I can't be the only player that shares this opinion. Your argument is akin to saying that those in pro sports that don't use PED's aren't "competing" because they are allowing their personal morality to keep them from achieving the most they could possibly achieve. I don't agree with you.

Also, what if you want to compete to be the "best" guild on the server that keeps a reputation that doesn't make the random person look at them in disgust whenever they see the guild name?
  17. Machentoo Augur

Lance Armstrong would argue I'm right. How did the non-dopers fare in the era when everyone in pro cycling was doping? You got on the program or you didn't compete.

There is a reason guilds use shady tactics like dispelling charm pets. These things work, and if you don't, and the other guild does, you will lose. And if you are in a competitive guild that always loses, people tend to not stick around, or stop showing up when you batphone.
  18. Norok Journeyman

This.

The top guild on the server need only win the first real competitive race of the xpac. The losing guild invests their time and anticipation into merely helping the winner kill the target and get their loot faster. After that the losers' morale is so diminished they resign themselves to assured success in weekly instances.

The only time this changes is if the top guild gets bored and slacks.
  19. Sturn Augur

The pro cycling tour was akin to a pvp server. They all knew it was going on and consented to compete that way. You are talking about a niche sport in the greater context of pro sports which I referenced.
  20. RandomStrategy Augur

Mabbu already bailed on Selos for more krono opportunity on Mangler. I was thinking of playing n Mangler since I'll be missing the train on Selos
    ....but playing on a server with Mabbu makes ya feel just.....dirty.