[Mangler] Non toxic hard core guild?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Innate, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Machentoo Augur

The pro cycling situation was very similar to what takes place in Everquest. When you have a system where the rules are not enforced, and where the governing bodies are unwilling or unable to prevent widespread ped use, then widespread ped use becomes the norm. Unfortunately, DBG's enforcement is about on par with the UCI during that era.
  2. The Hated One Augur

Remove keys from these TLPs. That would make a LOT more sense. That way everyone just levels and raids and has fun. That would remove 90% of your toxicity. But no one wants to do that... and I still can't figure out why.
  3. Gremin Augur

DHS will be on Mangler(overflow if that happens), but at this time we do not intend to be a raid guild. If we do it will be fri/sat/sun time frames.
  4. Starshape Elder

Interesting concept. Not sure you can break the race to the bottom tactics cycle but it will be interesting to watch.
  5. Tachyon Augur

No! The only reason I join hardcore guilds from time to time is for the toxic entertainment!!

It'd be like playing poker without betting.
  6. DingoJack Journeyman

Those batphone hours alone put you out of any serious contention.
  7. Sturn Augur

No. It'd be like playing poker without all of the toxic behavior such as calling people "donkeys", insulting them for how they play, etc. Playing EQ without having any levels is more like poker with no betting.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

In other words, it'd be like playing without Phil Helmuth and Mike Matusow. ;)
  9. Sturn Augur

Ok.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I want to be the Phil Helmuth of EQ.
    Starshape likes this.
  11. Innate Elder

The experiment is on! we are [Doomed to Failure] but hey, lets try something different just to make this TLP different from the last few.
  12. yerm Augur

I have watched, for example, a guild physically clearing to trak and still at shrooms scream bloody murder at competition using invisibility to "leapfrog" them. I saw a guild literally move into fear while the ct corpse was still there and claim that ct is now camped, amd they really did keep a presence until he respawned, and blew a lid if you so much as tried to kill trash in there for armor and another gasket when we showed up to contest in the spawn window. I have seen guilds hold a camp "in house" for literal days without ever letting others in and screamed camp stealer if you tried to get a turn.

What do you do in these situations? Do you respect claims to mobs that are not being engaged in force yet or even not spawned yet, or accept being called toxic? Do you allow others to monopolize something 24/7 and if its a key camp just never get access?

If someone pulls 40 mobs towards your group and your bard can tag them, do you just use that time to get safe and/or let the bard die or take them back to their source? If someone dispels your charm pet and sends their own charmed pet at your named, do you dispel theirs?

Toxic is a relative and often highly abused term. You can draw a line and limit the worst abuse, but if you compete there will be a loser and when there is a loser there will be accusations. Always. The best way to see how toxic a guild is would be to observe how they treat the nobodies, rather than opponents. The 2nd and 3rd place will always scream bloody murder.
  13. Sturn Augur

See, I was thinking "toxic" from the view of the general population. To me that means regulating your guild members' behavior when they aren't doing guild things, such as group content. I've always thought of "toxic" guilds as the ones that let its members train, KS, harass, etc and just make excuses for "how great a raid puller they are" or whatever. I'm less concerned about the squabbles between guilds where it looks like one could interpret it either way. Saying that, there are still clear cut examples of one guild totally disrespecting another without much debate. I would argue a "non toxic" guild should be looking to avoid to engage in those tactics as well. Honest races and such where maybe certain things on each side get a bit heated isn't the problem, imo.

An example of a guild that qualifies that I was a part of would be Final Door, which I believe was on Stromm and led by Acoma? We weren't the top guild, but we were like 3rd or 4th and had the respect of the entire server because we didn't tolerate immature behavior within our ranks. Every guild I've joined since then has disappointed me. Maybe that guild just set too high of an expectation for me to use to judge guilds in the future.
    Acoma (Final Door) and Gremin like this.
  14. Meeseeks New Member

Good luck! Maybe the... 8th time trying to make a guild won't end in complete failure
  15. EnchFWO Augur

You probably would have (had) more success without such a defeatist guild name. It's really off-putting. You were kindof doing okay till that part. :confused:
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Non-toxic hardcore guild?

That is like asking for a non-poisonous "poisonous" substance. :rolleyes:
  17. Tachyon Augur

Yerm from Stromm and The Combine?
  18. yerm Augur

What do you do when someone accuses your guildmember and it's a he said she said? If someone says I stole their camp and I say there was nobody there and they were just trying to call it in ooc, or if they say I trained and I say I was pulling for 3 hours and they just walked in the way...

Final Door was a really friendly group and definitely deserved their good rep, but in the context of the server, how did it work out? You guys hit the raid game around when Cypher died, and their offshoots like rel in por just walked all over you guys like bullying you out of kael and ssra. If ROI treated you the way we treated guilds on early Combine (until FOH quit) you'd have been even worse off. If memory serves, the moment you guys inherited #1 because of wow, some guild migrated in and steamrolled don or whatever?

Basically, a guild like that is a wonderful place and a true blessing to a server, but it just is very unfortunately not a viable contender for a top server spot. Everquest is just too cutthroat to allow a guild that doesn't blindly back hardcore members to excel.

Yermum, yerm, or nyuk on those servers. Yes.
  19. Tachyon Augur

One of the best guilds on Stromm! Accomplishments come and go. Respect sticks.
  20. Innate Elder

Yeah the guild name being sub optimal is just me embracing probability with a smile. Its been satisfying in itself to see a actual interest in the conversation if not the guild for a myriad of reasons.

Also, if I had gotten actual interest enough to actually start at launch semi competitively, i would have changed the name to whatever the guildies wanted. A name is a name.