Make all the perks free or cancel them

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Paladorfthemighty, Sep 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axel Furry Hats OP

Guys, just unsub. Go silver. You think the investors care about what some idiot people on a forum think? If you want change, then let your accounts go silver. Stop buying kronos. "supporting" the game by buying the products in hope is very obviously not the strat. They don't care about consumer happiness. The game can be rated 1/10 by 100% of the playerbase but as long as they keep selling expansions & subscriptions, then literally nothing will change and they will see the game as a success and change nothing.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

None of that means they were wrong.

Ah, I love the smell of whataboutism in the morning!
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Welcome to the real world. Individuals or groups have shares and ownership of companies, services, products, and real estate that we use. Many seek profit. Some are morally odious. (Ironically, you yourself may own a business with mark-up or a landlord charging market rates).

You can march with your dollars. Yet, you are here.

It is not "whataboutism." This is accuracy in relation to the facts and law.

The feds did not subpoena, file a target letter, or indict Columbus Nova, or associated individuals or subsidiaries. Yet, you continue to peddle the Russia conspiracy theory. Even Massively has backed off on the narrative.

On the other hand, 3 federal agencies (SEC, EEOC, NLRB) are opening cases in regards to Activision-Blizzard. The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has filed subpoenas against Activision-Blizzard.

One organization is persecuted before a court of public opinion based on innuendo. Another organization is actually being prosecuted under the law.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I like the game, and I intend to continue playing and here you are resorting to a version of the most tired & lame line in all of spoken & written history "if you don't like it here you can leave".

Well, no I shall not, you misunderstand my intent, and probably do so deliberately.

The point sailed so far over your head it crashed into the sun, well done.

I bid you good day sir.
    The real Sandaormo likes this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

So, instead, you are begging? Walking away is far more dignified.

I actually talk about subpoenas, target letters, and indictments. And this is your response? LOL.

You are entitled to your opinion but mindlessly beating the "your money won't go back into EQ" drum helps no one.

Goodluck.
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

No, it is an open crack of a door to Pay to win.
    /veto
    Edit: let's put it this way..
    $35 -- to now $40 for an expansion. No problem.

... got the idea?

Not $59.88 a year of perks, on top of $35 expansion, plus $14.99 a month. = $274.76 yr per account... (And now an opening for Pay To Win)

I swear the topic of '' Perks " was just like a political YouTube news video to start drama.

It is like having extra spell slots in our Spell Cast Window, an AA purchase introduced in an Expansion. We didn't have to pay $ a month for that.
    More buffs to show on you, aa unlocked that ability from an Expansion purchase.
    We didn't have to pay $ a month for that..

Simple UI unlocks.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am officially a Sancus Fan, because he already showed this fairly clearly.

8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

What happened to "Good Day Sir"?

You dodge my juxtaposition (Columbus Nova vs. Activision-Blizzard treatment) and come for seconds?

So you decide to drag another individual into this discussion. Maybe, even throw him under the bus? Again, we should question some of our assumptions about the EG7 presentation. (I've discussed it above). Out of respect for Sancus (thus far a bystander), I won't drag him into this debate. (He doesn't beat the drum nor push a Russia conspiracy theory).

Edit: Sancus is a statistical wizard (or mage). With all due respect, I do not think he is credentialed in Swedish corporate law or accounting. Nor is he privy to internal C-suite data.
  9. Randomized Augur

Oh come now. If that were the case, DBC was the opening for pay to win. Being able to buy items from the marketplace thst you weren’t getting in game. But it’s still not really pay to win. None of it is giving me perks that put me ahead of other players. It’s not like I’m getting some weapon that’s 2x better than CoV raid weapons.

Oh you get a little extra experience. Okay, so you hit the wall faster than me. Doesn’t stop me from reaching that same point. It’s not like you’re suddenly able to unlock hidden AAs or anything or the sort.

It’s not pay to win. It’s an extra revenue source. It’s like charging extra for extra condiments for your burger :)
    MageGuy likes this.
  10. Qelil Augur

You might want to present some proof of the claim you just made all things considered. That last line sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. The Negative Nancy's (including me) have spoken but I am pretty sure EverQuest is in no danger of sunsetting because I don't like this perks thing and I don't appreciate being milked for more cash that isn't likely to benefit development of the game I love to play.

Feel free to produce some data illustrating in no uncertain terms how complaining about a bad decision (in the view of some of us) and posting about it here is going to result in the game getting the axe. I mean, you ought to have proof to support that claim shouldn't you?

How does it feel?
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I avoid whataboutery, you avoid addressing the very data that you asked for.

Each to their own.
    Fenthen and Qelil like this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Oxford definition of 'conspiracy theory': a belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event.

A hit and miss.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thanks for backing off and keeping bystanders out of this. I only cite active people if they choose to engage. As for the data, I do not need to address my points ad nauseam. See the last dozen posts. lol.
  14. Qelil Augur

See above... Did you find that credible proof about the game getting the axe yet because the criteria you outlined have already been satisfied for it to happen. So, what's the deal?
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's a hypothetical (conditional antecedent).

I know you are going into troll mode. No need to waste our time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.