Make all the perks free or cancel them

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Paladorfthemighty, Sep 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigstomp Augur

I think more money is going to happen. They'd be dumb to not suck every single penny out they could. I'm not a big business person but I feel like sucking the most money out you can is a no brainer.

I would rather just pay 5 bucks extra a month instead of the complications of percs.
    All that is going to happen, is daybreak staff is going to have to fix bugs for percs instead of fixing bugs for useful content.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This debate revolves around not the perks themselves but the perk revenue "staying in EQ, going to other games, or going to investors/cabal."

If people are sticking with a single narrative, they ought to have proof of that claim. I'm just saying you have to be open-minded instead of spreading detrimental rumors (with little to no evidence to backup their claim of where the money is going).

Some folks would be better positioned and understood if they used qualified language instead of cynical, absolutist remarks. To nauseously quote "cash cow" based on a borderline conspiracy theory is not helpful.

I understand some people think pushing an extreme position will encourage change. However, telling people "your money won't go back into EQ" (definitively) will dissuade others from actually supporting the game. Herein, we have a self-fulfilling prophecy. Negative Nancys (including cynical players, competitors, social influencers) get a few likes and the game gets the axe.
  3. Evurkvest Augur

We had worse pay to win in the past, duno what the big deal is about this time. Dont like it though.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

I was vague in my saying that "this is why threads get locked." Here is why:

Injecting the spirit of a real life political conspiracy theorist and using it to argue your point by calling someone out as being this kind of person is reason enough to shut down this thread.
    Skuz and Stymie like this.
  5. Allworth Elder

Agreed 100%.

TL;DR: Loyal EverQuest players are subsidizing all of DGB's other games.

What is going on is akin to taxation without representation. I seem to recall a revolutionary war that was fought over that very issue over 245 years ago.:)
    Qelil and Fenthen like this.
  6. Allworth Elder

Conspiracy theorist is just a dishonest label used by intellectually lazy people to silence their opposition. Many brilliant scientific minds were considered crazy and heretics by the entrenched status quo of their time.

What's next? We can't mention Voldemort on these forums?
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

Voldemort is a fictitious character. Mr. Jones is not. Mr. Jones is a controversial political commentator. I, and maybe some others, may view it as injecting politics into the argument.
    Skuz and Nennius like this.
  8. dwish Augur

There is 20+ year history of funneling off EQ profits to fund other games, and yet people still think any additional charges/revenue are now all of a sudden going to be put back into EQ in 2021, it's really unbelievable.

EQ has a extremely loyal player base that has been playing the game for decade(s) and are very attached to their characters. This core group of players is never going anywhere no matter what type of garbage the company of the month that owns EQ is spewing out.

Thus, there is absolutely no reason for them to spend additional resources into EQ, as it's simply not going to attract new players in todays gaming landscape, and the old, dedicated players are never going to leave for above reasons I just stated. They will continue to milk this game for all it's worth and put this money towards other projects that have more relevance with today's gaming culture.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

People who drop misinformation (even disinformation) without one iota of proof are intellectually lazy. Even worse, provocateurs.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Skuz has long been injecting politics on the forums. He pushed the Columbus Nova-Russian conspiracy theory on several occasions. (See the difference between how Activision-Blizzard and Columbus Nova are treated by the feds). The repeated "cash cow" meme is a continuation of his political agenda against Daybreak. Ironically, his misinformed posts seem to be catching on (with zero evidence other than innuendo).

He is free to argue his political point but he should expect some pushback from other quarters. To say this thread is suddenly political when I use an analogy is just double standards.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL
    Qelil likes this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Why don't you just read the EG7 presentation like everyone else here did?
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

He is right. You are wrong. Deal with it.

At this point you are just arguing to get the last word.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I did.

Let me pose the same questions I posed to others:

1. How does Daybreak define expenditures (generally and specifically for EQ1)?

2. Could some revenue be going towards liabilities (e.g. EQNext debts) or other valid issues? Could it go towards savings (war chest)?

3. Does the EG7 presentation accurately reflect past, current, and future revenue trends?

Obviously, the EG7 presentation was tailored for investors. Attorneys and accountants can "cook the books." They would want to project maximal profits.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Yeah, not reading that tiny font.
    Mesc and demi like this.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

What does that have to do with politics?
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Geopolitical motifs are hard.
  18. demi Augur

yea , cant read its too small .. some of us are old and bad eye sight .. use a bigger font pls

Great minds
    Accipiter likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I have nothing against Daybreak, I want players to keep playing, I'm just tired of EQ being abused along with its loyal players by vulture-capitalist interlopers who thus far have given us no reason to trust them, their judgement or their goals.
    Qelil likes this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Even if everything I said so far was a deliberate misinformation campaign (it isn't I assure you), Alex Jones is a sickeningly worse human being & conspiracist to claim schoolchildren killed by a mass shooter were child actors - equating my level of discussion to that piece of refuse is akin to invoking Godwin's law. You did that, not me.
    Qelil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.