Maintenance Notice: Friday, April 4 @ 7:00AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Phrett Augur

It's supposed to be a throwback to how the game was played in PoP... and in PoP, the higher tier Planes required a real tank for the most part. I hate to sound cold, but either get a real tank or leave the PoWar until you find one.
  2. JacklSK Augur

Consider that the mobs in war are smarter than the average, non-eternally fighting types.
    Oh look, a pet, oh I remember this scene, that little wisp isnt the threat, that guy over there on the horse is the one controlling it ...wellnow..cloth...that's gotta be softer than a decurin..think i'll go over and smack that a few times ..
  3. Enine New Member

as i stated before this zone is not built or put in place for reg geared people this zone wasnt built for you run in drop mobs right away yall need to understand this.You want to plow zones and mobs go to reg zone this is build for mini raids i cant state this any more clear then i have already yes you died with tank merc i would expect 26k hitting mobs to drop your merc cause mercs dont belong in the zone its built for for players 2 or 3 grouping together.Find a new guild if cant find groups i dont know how much more people will have exlpain this zone before others will see its not a group zone its a mini raid zone!
  4. Kadolyn New Member

5. strongbus Augur

I could care less bout pet tanking a name form start to finish. But I do expect that at level 100 with rof t2/3/4 and coth t1 raid gear necro with a rof t3 raid pet em and maxed out aas. That if my group gets a add that I can use my pet to off tank the add or if the tank dies I can keep the named locked down for a few sec while the tanked is rezzed.
  6. FcsevenXIII Augur

That has to be the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen in all my years on internet forums.
    Leerah and Kadolyn like this.
  7. Kadolyn New Member

Good Gawd people! We've ONLY been doing this for FIFTEEN years already! lol You'd think you'd be used to it by now.
    There is ALWAYS a patch to fix a patch that broken the previous patch that might break another patch so another patch comes in and almost always one of them is an "emergency" patch cause one or a billion things really bloody broke. lol This has been the way of things for years and years. It's nothing new.
  8. lefous Elder

why you all crying plenty of oter zone to play geeze
  9. Enine New Member

lol its not supposed or allowed to pet tank simple as that have crowd control or dont go in zone elite of eq wanted a hard challenging zone we got it. Either play in the challenging zone or go do the normal scrub stuff all im saying.They finally give us a zone that actually makes us try hard and use our chars the way they was suppose be used even in group content and people cry cause they cant tank tash? LOL all i can say zone description clearly states takes multiple groups to kill the named and trash unless you got a sturdy group as on FV we 1 group the mobs.
  10. Enine New Member

honestly i dont see the fuss about this zone we one grouped 2 judic named at once all pure playing characters beastlord tank lol so its not like its mega hard
  11. Eriadoc Elder

They're eternal optimists. They keep hoping that SOE will finally pull their s--t together and learn to patch without breaking stuff. After 15 years of experience, I guess they think SOE should be experts on their own game or something. Personally, I think they're dumb for having any faith in SOE at all, especially after being proven wrong for 15 years, but I always admire eternal optimism. They're Tiggers. :)
  12. Enine New Member

Now if the less fortunate people who are not able to take these mobs and dont have chance to raid with their play times then create a mini raid 3 groups go plow zone have chance to raid loot quality gear!
  13. Blurryd New Member

I think the design of Plane of War is just like many of the PoP zones when the content was current. You can see this from the experience modifier for the zone. Additionally, I think it is refreshing that there is a zone people can enjoy with limited mercenary interaction and that essentially requires a full group of player characters. Personally, I hate mercenaries and will only use them when I am either feeling lazy with a boxed character or when I can not tank the content myself. When the mercenary feature was released I quit the game for a while because I hated the idea of it and felt that it took away from the group environment that the game was designed around. I understand why they implemented it but I was not a fan. Plane of War makes it a group game again. It's not completely unmanageable for a group with a mercenary but it does make certain creatures off limits to groups using mercenaries. I have been playing since the game released on March 16, 1999 and find this content addition refreshing.
    Imableeder and Elricvonclief like this.
  14. Enine New Member

I agree
  15. Ratbo Peep Augur

Pets were once only able to tank - for the master. The ability to tank for a group came much later as the result of MUDflation and other factors. (fine by me)
    This zone is designed with a "back to basics" feel. Not just anybody can "handle" it.
    You're not gonna solo, molo, faceroll, or box your way through this all alone.
    The zone is designed to reward real (good) players, who work together, to achieve things that are somewhere in the grey area between grouping and raiding.
    It's a different zone with a retro flavor - it's not for "everybody" - just those who are up to the challenge of working together for a common goal.
    Nothing wrong with that in a munti-player "social" type of game.

-Rat (can tank a lot with a Ranger - has no delusions about tanking this though)
  16. Muuadib Journeyman

Update for all of you people complaining about pet classes complaining about not being able to solo the PoW zone with there pets.
    EQ IS NO LONGER A GROUP GAME!!
    It hasn't been a grouping game for, oh about 10years now and have been continually moving away from that play format since then, so why all the hating on pet classes complaining about not being able to play pet style? You say if you don't like it go find a group...ya right, finding a group in EQ is like finding a long lost sibling, awesome but uber rare. What started out as a player grouping based game has developed past that. This game is either a solo, solo/boxed, molo, molo/boxed or raid game.
    Grouping in EQ is only primarily found among those player's who group with the same peeps, hunt after hunt or for obtaining a particular item or progression. I haven't been in a group in close to 7yrs and don't see myself changing ever. I prefer to solo or molo and when I come across an area that I cant handle I skip it, no complaints no crybaby just move on to somewhere else. That is my playstyle.
    Everquest is loaded with places to hunt and things to do. If they create a zone or even an entire expansion that is group content only then I will hunt there when/if I find a group but until then I will happily destroy whatever content is available to me and my money that I spend for this entertainment.
    So sony made some new content for EQ aimed at the end game grouping community in EQ? Bully for them! Something like this new zone has been longed after for a very long time by the end gamers who after mainly raiding and loaded up with all the awesome raid gear need something more challenging groupwise to pique there interest.
    Everquest is like life, you take the good with the bad and fortunately in EQ there is very little bad.
    Personally I'm glad they finally made a zone that is geared towards the end gamers, it leaves the other zones more open for me and my playstyle of devastation.

LONG LIVE EVERQUEST!!
  17. Enine New Member

hehe and as i stated before also they should find a group friendly guild problem solved.
  18. Ratbo Peep Augur

That's correct.
    I can tank most content on my Ranger (9050-AC). I have no delusions of tanking much anything here.
    This zone seems centered around the old "Trinity" - Tank, Healer, Chanter type groups.
    So? No one says we have to play here - but the rewards are such that learning how to group again isn't a real bad idea. Yes, the real tanks get a chance to shine.
    At least nowadays a SK and Pally can tank as well as a Warrior for the most part. The options to build a group are triple what they were. Warriors, Pallys, SKs, Chanters, Bards, Shammies, Clerics, and Druids all have a bigger role there than they've seen in a long, long, time.
    Let them have a day in the sunlight - they deserve it.
    -Rat (A Ranger - who is checking his list of tanks he knows)
  19. RS78 Lorekeeper

So i log in to see what they were taking down the servers for just to find a bunch of people crying over a new zone... Go make a thread in the vets to complain..
    Leerah likes this.
  20. Feradach Augur

Are we going to get an update stating what this patch is actually addressing? Lots of speculation and assumptions happening, but so far no official word on what's being changed.
    RS78 likes this.