Maintenance Notice: Friday, April 4 @ 7:00AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Friday, April 4, 2014 at 7:00AM PDT*. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately one hour.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums for status updated and news if additional downtime is needed.

*Time Zone Converter
  2. Aghinem Augur

Hoping its an increased drop rate for the relevant PoWar progression items.
  3. Leerah Augur

What was Thurs. night's hot fix for?

Magicians are saying they're pulling instant agro when using pet.
  4. sula Augur

there was a message a few minutes ago telling people to log off and log back in because of some kind of emergency update and now no one can get back on.
  5. Iila Augur

Welcome to PoWar, stop pet tanking.
    Anglesy and Edrick like this.
  6. silku Augur

Yeah be nice to know what these eqgame patches are for int he middle of the night.
  7. Elricvonclief Augur

We had the serverwide message on Bristlebane, made a lot of folks curious.

Regardless, I'm glad to see Devs willing to stay late to push out a fix, thanks!
  8. Wakka88 New Member

so that means now you can put in the option to make the beastlord tree bigger like it should be
  9. strongbus Augur

i was able to pet tank the 1st area on my necro. Is it the inner area that don't let pet tank? If so then SOE needs to fix this. There is 0 reasons to do this to pet classes.
    sula likes this.
  10. Enine New Member

Lol you pet class crack me up stop crying and do what the game was designed for and group! The zone was built for multiple group encounters you cant tank raid mobs on current raids with pets why hell should you be able to now? These mobs con army to defeat hints mult group line up if soe wanted another easy pet tanked zone they would released more of cotf lol this is no bug this is working as intended so either find real groups or stoping crying or quit eq if too hard.
    Revalla likes this.
  11. Rhymez Thebard Elder

Ya i'm really upset my SK pet wouldn't tank them mobs either. BASTAGES!
    Revalla likes this.
  12. strongbus Augur

I group a lot. Ether with wife and friends or with guildies. But we can't always find a tank on. In these times we use a merc tank or my pet. Most of the time my pet as the pet is a better tank then any merc. Wife and a few people form guild all raid geared with a merc tank other day in PoWar and even with 100 raid geared shammy main and 2 healer merc and the tank merc was dead before they could even get a spell off.

So you are telling me that if you can't get a real tank then you can't do PoWar zone. Ok that is a big slap in the face to the player base
    Sinestra, Alekzandre and sula like this.
  13. Tigg New Member

It is not a slap in the face. It is the way the game has been since I started playing back 13 years ago before there were mercs or ubah pets. If you couldn't find a tank, you either had to tough it out, or wait till you could find one. There have been many times that I couldn't finish content or a particular section of content till I found a tank. And keep in mind that a tank doesn't always include a warrior. Shadow knights or paladins can some times tank as well as warriors. Not that I can do it as well now, but my ranger could sometimes tank certain content if I couldn't find a tank. Heck, one time I had a raid geared wizard that helped me finish some content when I couldn't find a tank.
    Leerah and Revalla like this.
  14. sula Augur

if pet classes weren't meant to use their pets as tanks, they wouldn't have them and they would wear something other than cloth and leather for protection. maybe you should try a pet class sometime.
    Geroblue likes this.
  15. Enine New Member

if you cant find a tank im not saying this to be mean but plane of war is not for you guys then. These are mini raid mobs not intended to be killed easly by mage pet tanking sadly unless you go with real set ups the zone is not for you.Plane of war is a 100 zone its not meant for reg group geared group of mercs go in and auto plow everything either go in with a real group or army or find new zone to camp.
  16. Enine New Member

i own 54 accounts full of level 100`s i have pet class`s out the yang im not complaining because i know the mechanics of the zone and know its not intended to be mage pwned like every other zone in eq welcome to the new eq I LOVE IT!
  17. sula Augur

kk there are no ingame messages. is this still going to happen? we still can't get people in who camped for the patch last night.
  18. Enine New Member

still about 46 mins before comes down should give a 30 min warning count down
  19. sula Augur

54 accounts? and i thought i was overdoing it with 6 accounts. of course, though i wouldn't think of pling mine so i don't have time for more than 6
    Geroblue likes this.
  20. strongbus Augur

I started playing just after kurnak came out. So I know where you are coming form. If the game was still like that I would agree with you all the way.

But over the years SOE has made changes to the game to deal with the changing times.

They put mercs in to the game and made pets more powerful to deal with the declining player base.
    They made things easy to get and do to deal with the newer type of players.(those who don't have much time and don't want to have to work to hard to get what they want.)

But atm merc tanks in PoWar just don't cut it. Wife was in a group other day in PoWar second area. It was 2 Rof raid geared 100 zerkers. 1 100 rof raid geared Sham. 2 100 t5 merc healers and 1 t5 merc tank. The tank merc was dead with in bout 10 sec after engaging a mob.

So this means that if a group can't find a real tank(war/paly/sk) or if their tank leaves they are done in PoWar. I mean even as you said some places you can have ranger or one of the other melee classes tank some stuff if they where geared right and you had a good enough healer.

Same with any of the three main pet classes(mage/necro/bst). I could care less if in order to pet tank in PoWar that me and the healer have be on our A game to keep my pet up. but at lest if the tank dies so I can back up tank with pet or if we get a add and I can off tank it. Or if the tank has to leave we can keep going while trying to find another tank.

But to make it so if I send in pet to take agro and the mob going look at me and say ya nice try and then come right for me. Ya that is not acceptable.