Low incentive for Sep 5

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mikestab, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Noteefs Journeyman

Agree with Redrum on this one... Between phase 2 and 3 there should be a chest or some kind of reward.

Not sure if this is an exploit, but on Pillars you can get a 5 on Nature and perfect scores on the other trials and still get the named mob at the end. Perfect is not a score of 1.
  2. Redrum_Redrum Augur

The problem with pillars is that green trial was not really fixed and is still buggy. I have seen named at 10%, 1add left and scored 5. Also had 4adds up and named at 30 and scored a 3.
  3. CaRnon Augur

I agree with you about CoB.. I cringe when I see it annouced as the next raid. I am not a fan of how Sep 5 BUT i rather do Sep 5 over CoB any day..

also I personally do not think Windsong is that bad of a event. Maby remove 1 or 2 phases of it and add to the ammount of damage you can do per phase on the named and it would be less annoying for most I am guessing?
  4. Trevise New Member

pillars is the best event in VoA.

Sep isn't that bad. A tad long. I find Sep 3 and CoB way too long. The mechanics of Sep 3 and CoB is fine just takes way too long. Then yet we do all of T4 in a night and a 1/2. We could do it all in 1 night but what would be the point...
  5. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

None of the Events are Bad if your Guild is still gaining Gear from them sure some take more time and more focus.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Windsong would be fine if they stopped the bats reactivating, the muses despawning early and made the manadrain curable.
    Ronak likes this.
  7. Ronak Augur

Oh, it's bad, gaining Gear or not. SoD was less boring. That's saying something.
  8. CaRnon Augur

The bats I do not mind. The Muses are easly avoidable along with the manadrain. I do agree that the mana drain should be curable OR the timer on it should only be 2 ticks max.

But if they removed the manadrain from the raid I think they could also remove the 4minute pause in the events that just slow the raid down.
  9. Noteefs Journeyman

So its a known exploit or is it part of what the devs envisioned for the event?
  10. Noobieguy Augur

One night everyone died in Nature, except 3 necros FD but we still failed :p Might be bugged sometimes, but that doesn't always work LOL
    Seems to work most of the time for us.. We only get 1s when we beat it, 2 when we almost beat it, 5 when fail.
  11. Reiktzu New Member

If Perfect is not a score of 1, I guess it would be a score of 0. Aren't you trying to get a total score under 8? 0+0+0+5=5.
  12. Gringot Journeyman

Sep5 considering that it's end game is just meh. Too long, reward is just as much as any other event. You beat it a couple times then grind the other 7 in T4 until you can buy your BP with coins.
  13. Noteefs Journeyman

The way the script reads leads me to believe that any score of 5 would fail the attempt. I have seen a 0+0+0+5 allowed and a 0+0+1+5 fail the attempt.
  14. Ronak Augur

Never seen those. Seen perfect 1's though.
    [IMG]

That being said, sorry to pick nits, I need my coffee.

Anyway. Yes, Nature trial can bug at times.
  15. Noteefs Journeyman

Looked back at my screen shots and I don't have one. Wish I did cause until I get one, it never happened : (
  16. Noobieguy Augur

Don't have a screen shot, but yeah from what I remember, winning the pillar was a score of 1.. From what I recall, I have never seen a score of 0 and we have beat all the pillars
  17. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

/shrug I enjoy P3 of Sep 5 sure 1/2 are boring. But Windsong/CoB to me are not worth the dkp. only use of CoB is to work on my melee/throwing skills and Windsong is not worth any reasonable amount of dkp. Windsong would literally have to give me 50 coins (when I still needed coins) to be even a consideration. These days if I could talk someone into boxing a druid alt over having to go to that event I would.
  18. Ronak Augur

Of course you enjoy p3 of sep 5, you have a job upstairs in god group. You would hate it too if you were stuck standing around downstairs. That's the crux of the problem with a lot of voa raids, really. In a zeal to make them as complex as possible, only a few people get key roles. Everyone else gets to do more of the same, or in some cases, even less.
  19. shiftie Augur

I remember beating this event and telling the devs immediately afterwards that it needed tuned down and reworked because it was too long and kind of dumb. I also remember an uproar from the community calling the reasonable people who beat the event whiners for wanting it changed.

Amazing how this has come full circle for some guilds.
  20. Noteefs Journeyman

Part of what I cannot stand about recent expansions and especially VoA is Everquest for the raiding scene is more like Emotequest. The vast majority of the raiding players are using some sort of trigger program or setting up 60+ audio tiggers for this expansion alone..

Is this the future of Everquest raiding? How sad. I want my challenge to be in the mechanics of the event and not in the ability of my fellow 53 raiders to play simon says.
    Straahdx likes this.