Low incentive for Sep 5

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mikestab, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Mikestab Elder

Sep 5 was rough, and about a month ago we finally beat it, which was a great "We did it" moment. After that the desire to do the event fell like a stone. It seems the drive to beat it, at least for us, was also the only drive to do the event. It was a claw and win by a thread win, with just the A team of the guild going all out. Now no one wants to do it anymore.

With the expansion coming out soon. The "lazy" types who didn't max language have 7 T4 raids to get their loot and log. The Max AA full gear people got their checkmark and turned their raid schedule lower. What is the incentive to do Sep5 anymore at all. And for those guilds who have yet to beat it, why bother maxing language and learning that ridiculously complicated and long event and add frustration to their guild to go about it? Event 3&4 are long enough to satisfy anyone. Possibly tone down 5 some so that other guilds who can get there have a fair shot to beat it before the next expansion comes out. Right now it's a why bother event.
  2. Abazzagorath Augur

Just add a third mold that's a guaranteed BP, and give 30 chits instead of 10. Then it might be worth doing sometime you're not desperate for something to raid.
  3. Shang Augur

It was worth it when we still needed gear from it.

Since everything goes to rot/alts (omg CT gives to general channel) now, it's hard to justify doing it (screw you, I don't care about the stupid ornaments)
  4. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

Sepulcher 5 may seem rough for a first win, but once the mechanics are learned this event is no harder than any other and the length drops significantly as it is perfected. I prefer this event to #3, although with the upcoming changes #3 looks to be a pushover.

However! I do agree that it is somewhat lame that the final event doesn't offer something of value over the other raids. In the past (have to go a little ways back) the final event of an expansion always had the fun clicky items, an illusion, or something that really made it worthwhile, but now? Not so much.

I really don't see what else top guilds would be raiding though. After 2 raid days you're already looking at T3 and T2 events if you want a third raid day.
  5. Noobieguy Augur

Sep 5, at least the last couple months I have seen, seems to drop BPs a lot more than any of the other events... That could be incentive if enough of your guild needs or wants them.
  6. Elricvonclief Augur

Adding a guarunteed chest would help encourage folks. Event is too long as it is..
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I prefer Sep 5 to Windsong.
  8. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

Id do Sep 5 3 times in a row over doing Sep 5, Windsong, CoB ANY day of the week.
  9. Ronak Augur

I'd happily stop doing every raid in VoA immediately, and never set foot in VoA again, if there was something else to do.
    Leerah and Luft like this.
  10. Galin Augur

The only good/fun part of Sep5 is the final phase. Windsong can burn horribly many times over.
  11. Xnao Augur

Only fun part about Sep5, Windsong or CoB is trying to break 100 million damage on the combine for Sep5.

If not for that I would afk through all of them.

PS. Mechanic for north side of CoB is the worst one ever invented.
  12. Mellifleur Augur

There is very little incentive to do Sep 5 and most guilds who have it completed rarely touch it. They will do Everything else then when it comes that Sep 5 is the final event still on the schedule... it's a " See you next week " type deal.
  13. Arwyn-RoV Augur

We do Sep 5 once a week. I'd rather moan and fuss about Pillars actually. Its way worse to me than Sep5.

I do agree with the original poster. We should have some small reward (chest, coin, etc.) for getting past stage 2 in Sep 5. Theres precedent in other expansions for long events.
  14. Mellifleur Augur

Pillars ain't too bad, I have no complaints there. Truthfully, When it comes to VoA raid events, the broken bats on Windsong, Poor tanks on Sep 3 ( /mourn ) ... Sep 5 length are my biggest qualms.
  15. Noobieguy Augur

We farm everything in T4, the only ones that seem to take much time are Sep 3, CoB, and Sep 5. Difficulty for each raid depends on class make up and who shows up.. Doesn't seem too bad to me, but I have only been doing it for 3.5 months as opposed to 6 / 7 + months like some have been.
  16. BreeZer New Member

I'd rather do CoB x2 and Windsong x2 in a row, then do sep 5 once. I truly dislike that event. I enjoyed the mechanics but it, even with the changes, still feels like my eyes are bleeding having to go through that event each week.
    Mellifleur likes this.
  17. Mellifleur Augur

I am no fan of Sep 5.. I like Sep 3 Mechanics ... Hell I like Pillars and Windsongs mechs as well. But Sep 5 is lIke punching in for work, do your 8 and then head ho..overtime ? ...Crap
  18. Retrievil Elder

What needs to happen to make Sep 5 palatable is the first phase needs to be either removed, or the artificial time limit imposed by the 'let soandso regen' mechanic needs to be changed.

Sep 3 is just badly designed. Again, you have a clear that is absolutely no challenge, just meant to waste time.

The invulnerability mechanic is CoB is stupid, and the 4 minis are just a complete waste of time.

I don't mind Windsong.
  19. Grummy_NB Augur

Sep 5 should be 2 events or at least give you 24 hours to come back at the save point. Add 24 hours to all the other Sep event timers as well (if the guild lets the instance collapse)
    Straahdx likes this.
  20. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Long over due but per test notes the sep 3 fix may make that event a bit easier to handle each week. Sepulcher 5 is fun and easy, I do however agree it needs either a boost in coin, 1 more armor and item drop or a second chest/dz lock between phase 2/3. I just wish due to the huge class imbalance on Pillars that they would have looked into this by now. All this raid needs is another 2 min added to the trial phase to help out mid tier guilds that don't have a lot of bards or a over abundance of key classes.
  21. Snowman Augur

Sep 5 has got to be just horrible with the length and how boring it can be- it almost feels like some mind numming job you have to clock in for -- we play eq for fun right ....
    Sep 3 is not a big deal after the huge nerf they did (not the one inc)
    Pillars I actually enjoy
    Cob is cool concept but the north side executions is kinda crazy plus the lame trash clear
    Windsong is just meh
    Sep 4- thumbs up !
    BreeZer likes this.