Love 'em or Hate 'em, <Triality> retired from EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FatbukSlapmeat, Sep 10, 2013.

1. slimans New Member

The gap between group and raid gear was huge for one. Second your characters gear did not matter if you were willing to show up for raids. Gear was the easiest part of a player to fix. Accountability and attentionspan were another story. Arg afk fussy!
  2. Leerah Augur

I heard they were tired of GMs popping in on raids all the time. If that were the case, what makes them think that wouldn't happen in EQ2. /shrug.
  3. TheQxx Augur

lol wut
    Daislet and Ishtass like this.
  4. Leerah Augur

Yep, that's what I heard on a server, far, far away!
  5. Dalno(Th) Excess Character

We really didn't retire, we just built a missle silo under our guild hall and we're all hiding in it so that when the new world order comes to put us into fema death camps they can't find us.

It's true the internet said so.
    Mintalie and Recnarp like this.
  6. Coruth Augur

Not quite the same. To borrow from Princess Bride Shahrazad only was "Mostly dead"
    they reformed pretty successfully Enceludus dropped a few spots on the cross-server rankings but kept #1 on their server. Triality though is dead dead.
  7. Edrick Augur

EQ isn't really hurting, and I don't think every single Triality member canceled at once. I know of one who transferred to Xegony.
  8. Atvar Augur

Realm of Insanity is on Xegony.

I'm not sure if Philphans has spent any money on eq these last few years. He quit playing when triality quit being relevant.
  9. Axxius Augur

In other words, "im in ur base" :D
  10. TheQxx Augur

I'm all up in ur base, stoleing ur megahatez.
  11. Philphans Lorekeeper

lol I haven't spent money on this game since early 2011 and with SOE selling kronos.... If I ever wanted to play again i'll just use the millions of plat I accumulated to buy 30 days from the bazaar. I can't believe people still buy plat in this game.
  12. Nedrom Augur

I'm really sad to see this happen. I wish everyone in Triality the best of luck in what they do going forward. I really miss raiding with you guys! Some of the best times, even when I wasn't a member, many of you have been great friends.

/iksarmonkbowsalutegoodluck
    Illusionist_Innania likes this.
  13. Allanim New Member

I just wanted to say that my years in Triality were by far the best years I ever had in Everquest. Triality was a much different guild than any other guild I have ever been in. It wasnt just the hardcore nothing can stop us EVER attitude. It was the people that you logged in 7 nights a week year after year to spend time with and develop close friendships with. Im pretty sure that I will never find that kind of an experience in a video game ever again. For the most part Everquests high end game is dead. The hardest thing about the current state of raids is finding people that you can count on to round out your 54 man raid roster. Alot of the hardcore players in Everquest have moved on or found homes in the few seriously hardcore raiding guilds this game still houses. Miss all you guys and I hope things are going well wherever everyone ended up going.

Allanim Highlife
    Illusionist_Innania and Nedrom like this.
  14. Apokalyptik New Member

Sorry to see Triality go! I had a lot of fun during my time with them. This guild ran unlike any other guild I have been in. Triality was filled with lots of great people. I wish I still had time to pay something other than CSGO, I miss the MMORPG life.
    Illusionist_Innania and Nedrom like this.
  15. Illusionist_Innania Augur

While I still miss a lot of the great people I played with in Triality over the years, I am really enjoying raiding with those of the original guild who have transferred over to EQ2. Most of the people who moved over are new to EQ2, and being a new guild in a new game has it's own challenges, but we're stilling managing to take down current content (and the lowest level EQ2 raids in the new expansion beat out most of RoF in difficulty LOL).

It's just part of being part of a fun team that knows how to work together. That was one thing that Triality always had, no matter what other stuff may have come up.

If anyone gets onto the Antonia Bayle server on EQ2, say hi! I also tend to troll the EQ1 Drinal general chat daily :p
    Nedrom likes this.
  16. ---Xislaben--- Augur

17. Subucnimorning New Member

Hi Xis :p

I haven't played this game for about 3 years now but stumbled across this while bored. I always enjoyed the competition between CT and Triality, it made the game fun and interesting so want to say thanks to those members in Triality (and especially the core officer group that was in Triality from about TBS to Veil of Alaris, which was my primary time in CT as a RL) that made the competition so enjoyable. Hope everyone is doing well, i'm enjoying not having to raid 6-7 nights a week but I do miss parts of the game still.