Love 'em or Hate 'em, <Triality> retired from EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FatbukSlapmeat, Sep 10, 2013.

1. TheQxx Augur

She is in a new guild on Drinal, I believe.
  2. TheQxx Augur

He is I and I am him; that's my alt. I guess things get lost in the annals of history, though it was 10 years ago. Tecknoe's [my] guild at the time was Promethian Order on Vazaelle. But then I joined Triality less than a year later and obviously took Teck with me. I took him over to Xegony now too and got him tagged up with me at RoI. Qulas was surprised to find out that we are the same person. We are one. Are you one, Herbert?

Qulas and Ishtass like this.
  3. Calirian Journeyman

Slim with the tilted brim... Tecknoe is beastly!
    TheQxx likes this.
  4. Casidia Augur

Cheers for the great news page over the years, one of my favorite sites that i visited frequently on the net...gl & hf in other guilds and games.
  5. Illusionist_Innania Augur

Wow, this makes it the first time I'm not on the same server as Quarken since I started in 2001. He was always part of the "landscape" as it were, sure to show up at the most random of times. It's kind of sad that he's not around now :(
  6. Rashari Elder

/salute
    It has always been a pleasure to read the news on your website, and I just had a blast looking at all the youtube videos again.

Enjoy whatever you may be up to now!
  7. Crystilla Augur

While I'm not afraid to admit I've never been a fan of Triality ... it is definitely sad to see a guild with such rich history go down. Good luck to everyone in your future endeavors, whether it's with EQ, EQ2, another game or that thing we like to avoid called real life.
    Axxius likes this.
  8. Oranges Augur

9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

On Tunare at that time there were about 4-5 high end guilds (or raid groups), read as guilds on the current or immediately previous expansion; probably 5-10 mid tier guilds, ones doing 2-4 year old raid content; and a lot of causal/family guilds that just did anquish for 2.0s. Now, I am guessing there are maybe 2 possibly 3 high end ones on Tunare with the rest of the guilds being grouping guilds of various kinds with people solo'ing or single grouping Anguish for orbs. On Tunare, the true mid tier guilds in no way approached capabilities of completing SoD even after UF came out; by the end of SoD most of those guilds had either died or regressed to hard core grouping and casual raiding.

I never thought the anything as being over or under tuned; just being aimed at different niches. SoD was aimed more widely and so more people completed it, those who were on the borderline between mid and high moved solidly into high. After SoD the group gear was so good that those who were still doing midtier raiding had increasing trouble making sense of doing 2-4 year old (sometimes older) content to their raiders when they could spend the same time clearing out a group zone and get better gear.

Nowadays you only have the guilds who are farming most or second most previous expansion and progressing thru the current one. Pretty much you have the previous high end guilds divided into low mid and high; has nothing to do with the difficulty of the content though.
  10. FVRules Journeyman

No idea what youre trying to convey here.
  11. Stune Augur

I wish all your members a good time in EQN, or EQ2. Thanks for posting your brief history. I was interested in reading the rest of the history to be honest :)
    Good or bad comes of all guilds, some members need to be tripped along the line, others are great people. We all have seen this over the past 15 years. I too have been stressed out with the decline of people leaving and joining the game. It becomes a job to some and boring to others.

I needed a change too. first a different server, then finally other games. I haven't tried EQ2 out yet, and I am not sure if I should if EQN will be the next best thing.

But honestly? you will miss EQ more then you realize... those other games out there are very easy to play, and the big trend is you lose your friends along the lines and pickup others.

This is what made EQ so great, keeping everyone together.

The best piece of advice leaving as a "basic" whole group, make sure you keep a list of your friends and try to keep the forums up. A gaming community is the only way to keep everything together.

and find a game together....

As a leader this is all you can do, to keep everyone that you played with together.

Good luck guys!
  12. Midasa Elder

/wave Imrahil! I'm still around EQ on drinal, just in a new guild which was formed due to stuff and things. Hoping to recruit enough to raid again. Pretty sad to see the guild i was in for 10 years fizzle out. Plenty of good memories though.
    Imrahil likes this.
  13. Adaire Lorekeeper

Good luck Triality'rs I can honestly say some of my fondest memories in Everquest was during my brief stint there. I wish you all the best, Go Sox!
    TheQxx likes this.
  14. TheQxx Augur

Pics or it didn't happen
  15. TheQxx Augur

Perfection.
    Calirian likes this.
  16. Gringot Journeyman

Seems like a trend today in EQ. Diligence, the top guild on Tunare (7th Hammer) since probably 2005 closed it's doors as well last week. So now some servers don't even have a guild in current content.
  17. Lrbearclaw New Member

Fate died too, due to the buggy as all hell "Ritual of Terror". We bashed our skulls on the damned scripts for 6 months at 5 nights a week. Always got close then something bugged and broke and I painted the temples more times than I can count. People got fed up and most of us walked. Sad part was, we cleared SoD second on Tribunal (all raids/events downed, not second through Tower, think we were third to finish Tower).

Sad to see Triality pass, but I do have to agree it's a shame this gained huge attention when other guild fold too and no one notices.
    Daislet likes this.
  18. Recnarp Augur

What? Dili was number #1 since maybe two or three years ago.

3 guilds are ahead of Diligence atm, so Tunare is still a thriving server.
  19. Hoosierdaddy Lorekeeper

Using geometry, working around lockouts, using buff blocks ... gonna miss those guys.
  20. FcsevenXIII Augur

With the gap between grouper and raider closing each expansion I'm not surprised hard core guilds are folding. I remember investing huge amounts of time raiding with incredibly diminishing results every year. Catering to a more casual crowed abouslity killed any insentive for some of us. There is no way I'm spending over 6 hours a day raiding for gear that's less then a 25% increase over grouper gear. Bring back the 100% increase like in PoP and I'd be interested.