Info Needed Losing mouse, repeatable

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Koryu, Oct 29, 2019.

1. LadyQuake Elder

happened to me tonight in VT, went below in the minus health, went up and down, then when health was up a little and i stood up mouse didnt work. Even when got higher health still mouse didnt work had to /exit and load back in. Have to say it is the first time ever happened to me.
    Duder likes this.
  2. Duder Augur

First reported October 2019 (3 years)... and still unresolved. Despicable. To the devs, I suggest attempting to replicate this bug on a home system rather than the test or beta server from the development office where you have immaculate connections. I believe it has something to do with the client de-syncing and believing you are actually dead rather than understanding you are actually alive and concious again. I think that after having returned from being negative hp (Delay Death AA) and due to lag/latency it takes time for the client to catch up (if ever without relogging) and realize that you are in fact NOT dead. When this happens, after you stand back up from being healed back from being negative hp you are able to use the keyboard but not the mouse. It can take 15 seconds, 30 seconds, a minute, or more, for the mouse usability to return. Sometimes it never returns without relogging. This is a game breaking bug, the priority to identify it and fix it should be at the very top of priorities and I am appalled that this has persisted so long.

Personally I have not been subbed to EQ for about 2-3 months on any accounts and have no purchased any expansions. For numerous reasons, however, the main reason that started my lack of subbing/playing is bugs such as this going unfixed and new bugs that affect the game in very impactful ways being introduced with every patch. I do want to play, I love everquest, I want to play with friends. But I don't want to support the terrible maintenance of the game and it's playability. Please, I implore you, fix the big problems and I will be more than happy to return and support the company.
  3. CatchB53 New Member

I have this happen a couple times a night. None of the suggested fixes have worked. I have to go to task manager and cancel EQ then log back in to get my mouse left and right click buttons to work.
  4. Egot Elder

This is a normal problem for people new to online gaming, if uninstalling and reinstalling your mouse drivers does not fix this problem I suggest that you contact the mouse driver software developer and complain as this is a normal problem of not being in control when you are dead.