Lol botters are not at efreeti after patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheWatcher, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Jezzie Augur

2. Nessirfiti Augur

I don't consider it botting if someone is at the keyboard.
    Again, I don't consider it botting if someone is at the keyboard, so I'd not say I'm starting rumors, and I never claimed to be a fanboy. I dislike seeing someone jumped all over for doing something on another server that isn't out right banned.

That's an A-hole problem, nothing else.
  3. Captain Video Augur

A point of clarification: Just because Live servers aren't truebox doesn't mean it's anything goes there. If any of these third-party programs are used to do warp training in endgame content on Live, I can pretty much guarantee you there would be bans; there are numerous active raid guilds on Live and they would have zero tolerance for such behavior. The one and only reason this stuff happens on the TLPs is because the economy is so different. As far as the company is concerned, the money talks.
  4. Nessirfiti Augur

No argument from me here warp training is totally unacceptable.
  5. Captain Video Augur

Sorry, yes, the forum is acting weird for me today, and that paragraph was supposed to be in a different thread. I edited it out.
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  6. Jezzie Augur

There's the problem. Using that statement that would mean I can use all versions of automation software including those that violate the ToS / EULA and whatever else (So over it at this point). As long as I'm sitting at the keyboard. Or as long as I'm using an audio trigger to pretend I'm sitting at the keyboard.

Are there so many 3rd party software options available now that people no longer know which ones violate the "rules".
    Do people not know that some software violates the "rules".
    Is it too confusing to have 3rd party software that violates the "rules" on some servers but not others?

Do people just think it's cool to use whatever you can find on the internet as long as you don't afk? It seems Nessirfiti does. If it's not afk then it's boxing right?

If everybody is innocently using cracked versions of macaroniquest, abyss's software and others to play on truebox servers. Then I blame Daybreak. It's not the players fault if they thought all they had to do was be at the keyboard (audio trigger).
    Maybe it is cool to use the above? Daybreak don't seem to mind. You could be right and as long as I'm at the keyboard / audio trigger I'm not doing anything wrong.

I think Daybreak should of been more specific about the "rules".
  7. Ceffener Augur

The man has pages and pages of guides and information of what he does on LIVE servers. This should not be a shocker to anyone.

But if you want to argue about if they should or should not be used on live, this is the wrong section. Unless someone has actual evidence of Almar supporting using tools on TLP servers, what he openly admits to doing on live isn’t relevant here.
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  8. Nessirfiti Augur

Edit: Nevermind, Ceffener Said everything better than I could have. I'm sorry for dragging this thread way off into the weeds.
  9. Jezzie Augur

You do realize that his guides apply to every TLP pre truebox right?
    Almar and I spent many hours hanging around the re spawning parcel guys in Rivervale on Lockjaw.

I think Nessirfiti was offended by thinking I accused Almar of AFK botting which was never true to begin with. Just wanted to clear that up.
  10. Ceffener Augur

TLP Truebox* point still stands.
  11. code-zero Augur

If you don’t know about Abyss and his contributions you aren’t paying attention
  12. Kittany Augur

I suppose Abyss contributed to EverQuest and the community like how Shaun Attawood contributed to the well being and safety of a good number of people.
  13. code-zero Augur

I was being sarcastic however if you want to discuss bad actors on TLP you really do need to know what he's been doing :p
  14. Kittany Augur

To be fair, I didn't even know who Abyss was. And also, considering our past conversations, it was difficult to see the sarcasm. :p
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Nessirfiti Augur

Yeah. I've since been informed of who Abyss is. I find it a good thing that it took me this long to know of the existence of this person. I've never seen him discussed on Phinny.

And like I keep telling my raid leader, I'm totally paying attention, It's just that there's something shiny over there.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. code-zero Augur

You see, I’m extremely sarcastic and I’ve been playing nonstop since ‘99 with my main having a birthday in early 2000. Nothing much surprises me and though I have TLP alt characters I can be objective since I have many more interests.

I disliked Krono, free to play, marketplace and TLP but those things seem to have helped the game rebound so I got over it. I remember on RF/LJ the attempts to enforce play nice and how that ultimately failed. DPS race is harsh but now I see it as ultimately fair.

The real active hacks need to be dealt with as does /afk playing and wasting CS resources on lame boxers isn’t helping
  17. elumxe Elder

In case this thread is ever read in it’s entirety in the future I feel it’s fair I get to present my point of view as well since so many here has blatantly dragged me through the mud for no good reason.
    1. M q 2 does not work on truebox servers and it never will.
    The protection in it to crash if you try to use it on truebox is being constantly changed and improved as much as i can within reason.
    2. Stop spreading rumors about cracked versions that work on truebox, it just isn’t so.
    If you against all odds have such a version send it to me, basically put up or shut up.
    3. I dont sell m q 2 on RG or anywhere else, It’s completely free and zipfile is not behind a paywall of any kind, source is open, and will be sent in its entirety upon written request.
    4. I am completely against automated gameplay in any form on the truebox servers and i have been actively working alongside dbg since 2015 to do as much as i can to at least try to stop people from using my software for that purpose on those servers.

Unfortunately the downside of me locking down m q 2 so hard, has forced a subscene to the surface in Abyss and his bots.
    I can’t do anything at all about that, but im not going to sit idly and let people make up stuff to suit their agendas.

/eqmule
    code-zero and Nessirfiti like this.
  18. Elyani Augur

While I, personally, appreciate this being stated, and by someone with an obvious authority on the situation, I don't think you'll reach some people with this information. They will entirely disregard what you've said or refuse to believe you. Which is quite unfortunate.

I had to google Abyss to figure out what on Earth everyone was talking about here. And with what things he seems to be offering on TLP servers, I can understand why some people might think that there are working copies of [youknowwhat] in TLP servers. Lol! Just goes to prove, where there's a will, there's a way. Sadly, EQ (and any other MMO) will never be able to fully get away from it no matter what steps are taken.

I wish people could actually just appreciate you for what you've attempted to do for TLP servers (by not allowing the program to functions on TLP servers). Sadly, most won't. I do though. Thank you Elumxe. You have no control over what other people have/are able to put out there for use, but you did your part.

But like other supposed problems that are happening on the TLP servers, people will only see/believe what they want to. Either way, once again, thank you!
    Captain Video, Nessirfiti and elumxe like this.
  19. elumxe Elder

Im also tired of seing completely asinine conspiracy theories that i somehow profit economically by selling some underground version of m q 2 and whatnot.
    Look, if you really believe that, set me up, ask me to sell u such a version, it will never happen.

I have people asking me monthly since 2015, couple of chinese companies offered me 10k for a working version. I turned them down, this is about principles, not money, i would turn down 100k or a million, I don’t care, I committed to dbg to keep it off the truebox servers and im sticking to that commitment.

Just accept that not everyone can be bought.
    The only person that’s profiting by selling truebox software is Abyss.
    Dbg should hire me to shut him down, id do it for free so it’s cheap labor.
    modsiw, Accipiter, Gana and 2 others like this.
  20. Jezzie Augur

I should of said distrubutes your (would you prefer modifications or 3rd party software) on RG. It is Abyss that was selling his on RG. That's my mistake and I apologize.
    You distrubuted Very Vanilla on Phinny launch which didn't offer AFK automation. However, players found a way to modify it to offer AFK automation. You pulled the plug and personally I thank you for that.
    Unless another 3rd party modification software distributor has a version of M q 2 posse bundled into their software then I'm sorry to inform you that some people have found a way to bypass truebox and they have been able to do so since Omens launched on Phinny. That's when I saw it with my own two eyes but the rumors had been going on longer than that.
    I'll leave you with thankyou for helping on Phinny. It was the best TLP ever, unfortunately Mangler doesn't come close.